• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Some Players Unable to Connect to Ultima Online

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With severe weather and damage in Virginia, the UO Team updated the official UO Facebook page and we pass this along to the UO community at Stratics:

Due to severe storms last night we are still experiencing some outages and our Customer Service ticket response may be delayed. Please bear with us. Thank you for your patience.
We will continue to update news and include our hopes that everyone is safe and staying cool in the Eastern US heat!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sleeping!
Sleeeeping....
of course he's been sleeping in my UO shoebox for awhile now and has a fairly odd smell going on but he's really just sleeping right? RIGHT???
*says in the most evil of ways* Yes.... sleeeeping.....

Rowland Cox

Community Director | BioWare
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hi guys

The team is working hard to fix the issues after the storm last night. We are working to deploy a fix for the Classic client asap, with the enhanced client soon after that.

Please bear with us, and thank you for your patience.

Regards

Rowland Cox

Community Director
BioWare

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in the cavern of the discarded when I lost conn, and now I've been connecting to UO servers for the pass ten minutes... What are the odds that I survived? not good im sure.

That doesnt bother me, at this point the only thing i care about is a pet vs pet turney I wanta be a part of at 9 pm on legends... If I dont make it, my llama might turn purple!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys

The team is working hard to fix the issues after the storm last night. We are working to deploy a fix for the Classic client asap, with the enhanced client soon after that.

Regards

Rowland Cox

Community Director
BioWare
Some one need to give this guy a title in his avatar, insted of Vistor. Mind you if he made more posts...

Only kidding thanks for the update :grouphug:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take it it's only the log-in server affected? I have been unable to log in since 10.30 this morning (10 hours ago) so i guess all my characters will lose loyalty yet again?, and due to something outside my control.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must be only some shards down... Cats is up.. I'm on now working my crafter.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I take it it's only the log-in server affected?
Yep, Shard list looks complete to me. Patch server seems to be ok, too.
(The shards themselves are not addressed over DNS and thus should remain unaffected as long as they are up and connected to the net.)

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still cant passed loggin in to even get to pick a shard :( says try again later :(

D

Druido2

Hi guys

Regards

Rowland Cox

Community Director
BioWare
Hello Rowland,

My question to you is this, If there was a storm last night, dont EA have any DR locations so that the servers remain up??? Or at least have you concider moving the server into a Colo facility that might have backup generators???

Rowland Cox

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hi all

Our team is verifying the fix to the classic client right now - I will confirm here with good news as soon as I can.

Rowland Cox
Community Director BioWare

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patched, but still cant connect to uo.

I'm getting worried. 3 hours until the pet vs pet tourny on legends...

I spent the most of my uo time during the last month looking, taming, and training llamas for this event.

Please remain focused and resolve this login issue, because I wanta win this pet event!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lug, unless it was cancelled yet again, it should have taken place last nite.... Sherry is still saying 29th

and have you guys tried Gareth's fix? worked for me :)

Reactions: Lug

Rowland Cox

VIP
Stratics Veteran
The fix is has not taken, and is proving extremely difficult to resolve without power to our facilities. I'll keep you informed.

Rowland Cox
Community Director

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lug, unless it was cancelled yet again, it should have taken place last nite.... Sherry is still saying 29th

and have you guys tried Gareth's fix? worked for me :)
Thanks Devilsown Gareths fix worked great. I'm still alive in game, and feeling like a complete arse about the pet event! :/

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fix is has not taken, and is proving extremely difficult to resolve without power to our facilities. I'll keep you informed.

Rowland Cox
Community Director
Thank you for keeping us updated Rowland :)

Keep em hydrated!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No wonder the con was so bad...... Took 5 trys and 10 minutes to get in and then was sooo lagged.................... Btw Hamsters need clean litter, changed regularly no smell should develope.... btw they tend to sleep alot durring the day. they are nocturnal critters....

MagicStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn i thought when poo was put in charge of uhall for the weekend only this forum would feel his wrath
Dude took down uo to get people here i guess to make it a busy weekend for himself
Lol