• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] some parry related questions

• Thread starter Inquisitor [AK]
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

Inquisitor [AK]

hi i wanna put parry into my temp and got some questions please answer them
1: is 100/110 parry, 105/110 bushido enough to fight critters? even without DCI?
2: the special moves feint, defence mastery and block, are they more effective with parry?
3: what exacly does vlock and defence mastery do?
4: with parry/bushido do i get the same defence with just a 1h wep(no shield ofc) as with a 2h weapon?
5:the spells counterattack and evasion work with parry/bush only right? not just bushido? and with just a 2h wep or with 1h weps too?
6: what does counterattack exactly do?
7: what attacks can be parried? normal attacks ofc but are there special attacks like the drags firebreath or some other nasty critter 80 dmg attacks?
and 8 (not parry related tou): does higher chiv skill increase the duration of conc weapon? if yes how high is the diffrence between 70 chiv and 100 chiv? or even 120 chiv? anybody knows?
is parry even worth the skillpoints on a sampire since the nerf? or shud i rather put em into other skills?
thanks in advance

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
come on please
OH okay I'll answer! lol... :D

1. Parry and Bushido I would have as high as you can get...and if it's sampire template? You will have to have 120's in my book. Can you get by with 110 for a template regardless of sampire or not...yeah depending what you are fighting. At least 115 somewhere if you can afford it.

I would not recommend NOT having DCI. Should have what you can throw together. Heart of Lion...something to help your Defense Chance Increase.

2. Special moves are based on your weapon skill and your tactics skill. Some moves you need bushido, ninjitsu, etc. Parry is irrelevant as far as I know for calculating your success in those.

3. Defense Mastery you need either A. Bushido or B. Ninjitsu to execute it. The move itself raises your physical resistance for a short time. However, your damage output suffers in return.

4. This has been discussed over and over in the forums. I'm not gonna go into all the calcuations here but...bushido = better with 2 hand weapon. One hand weapon and shield you suffer.

You can think of it this way, bushido is related to 侍, Samurai, and a Samurai fights with honor. There's not much honor in hiding behind a shield lol.

5. Yes only bushido. And as far as 2 hand or 1 hand...seems to work with both but my memory is sketchy. They have made a lot of corrections to bushido in order to balance it out. i.e. not spam evasion over and over and stuff like that, that you used to be able to do.

6. Counterattack isn't worth the mana. What it is supposed to do is return the damage used against you on the next successful block. BUT, what that means is...basically you would know that you were going to block the next attack? lol...not worth it. Use another move.

7. Can't parry spells. Arrows you can parry. PvP or otherwise I suppose. *ping* *ping* *ping*...very famous sound to a well setup dexxer. Not so sure about anything else...I don't recall. Normal attacks you already mentioned...they can be parried sometimes.

8. No, the higher your karma the longer the spell will last based on what i recollect. I have used high chivalry and it did not seem to make a difference in terms of how long a spell "lasts." Chivalry is naturally aligned with good so the higher your karma the more effective it is.

In closing based on reading your final comment, it seems you want to do sampire? I highly suggest parry 120. "Nerf" doesn't mean anything. Just setup 100 necro and adjust everything else accordingly. Work your karma as necessary.

I

Inquisitor [AK]

okeyand what to drop instead? i got another thread u may help me out there aswell ;)

C

Connor_Graham

okeyand what to drop instead? i got another thread u may help me out there aswell ;)
I answered all of your questions in the other thread.

As far as the percentages of Parry with and without a shield, here ya go:

Parry/Bushido with shield- 5% chance

Parry/Busihdo without shield & 1 handed weapon- 35% chance

Parry/Bushido without shield & 2 handed weapon- 40% chance

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6. Counterattack isn't worth the mana. What it is supposed to do is return the damage used against you on the next successful block. BUT, what that means is...basically you would know that you were going to block the next attack? lol...not worth it. Use another move.
Counter attack is a sweet move if and when it goes off. Nerve strike & counter work well with a bokuto with hit fireball. Also riding swipe, concussion and crushing blows. If you have a tanked out char and a good weapon you can make a kill in less than 3 seconds.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Counter attack is a sweet move if and when it goes off. Nerve strike & counter work well with a bokuto with hit fireball. Also riding swipe, concussion and crushing blows. If you have a tanked out char and a good weapon you can make a kill in less than 3 seconds.
Yeah good for PvP I suppose, but I never was sure of it's reliability? It's pretty reliable?

Riding swipe is definitely a move I like as well as the others you mention.