• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some Of The New Updates To Factions! (Up On FoF)

S

S.W.A.T

"You've hinted at more faction-related stuff coming up - is this in Publish 56?"

Yes! The next round of content adds completely new rewards and incentives for Factions. Amongst them are many new items, a few of which we can tease about below.

Faction Equippables: A set of enhanced Artifacts. They will be available for purchase via a collection box in your Faction Stronghold (later on, silver collected this way will benefit your faction, but that will be in a future publish.) These items will have several restrictions:

Bound to the character that purchases them - they won't be tradable or equippable by anyone else
Durability has been added to many of them, requiring repairs as they're damaged
Can only be repaired with the new Powder of Perseverance, a faction-only item. (Powder of Fortification will not work on them)
Available only to certain ranks; if you lose your faction rank you will no longer be able to equip an item of that rank.
We'll release the full table of items in the notes when the publish goes to Test Center, but here are a few examples so you can see what we mean by "enhanced":
Rank 1: Rune Beetle Carapace with additional +3 to all resists
Rank 4: Crimson Cincture with additional +5 Dexterity
Rank 7: Spirit of the Totem with enhanced resists (instead of the linked resists, this version has Phys 20% and 10% in each of the others)
Rank 9: Folded Steel Reading Glasses with additional +10 DCI
Rank 10: Ornament of the Magician with additional Mana Regen 3
There are a total of nineteen new artifacts spread out across the various tiers.

Faction Consumables: In addition to the new artifacts, a number of new consumables will be available for purchase with silver. Anyone in the faction will be able to use the items (they are freely tradable) but there will be a cooldown on many of the items, based on rank. Examples of the consumables include:
Stronghold Rune: One-use item that will teleport you to your faction HQ (standard criminal flagging rules apply)
Shrine Gem: One-use item that can be used to teleport your ghost to the nearest shrine
Powder of Perseverance: A variant of Powder of Fortification that can be used on the new faction items.
Enhanced bandages that also remove curses
Two new types of potions
There will also be a new item for sale that allows Human players to equip Elven items.

Start stocking up your silver, and when this goes to Test Center we look forward to your feedback and bug reports!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually don't really like this.

I think its too much.

Now all of the client modding d-bags that walk over candelabras and bagballs will be coming to factions for these items, when they were satisfied before with raiding spawns as reds.

W

wee papa smurf

Giving items in factions is just stoopid, they need to sort the bugs out in each base and then maybe people (like me) wouldnt get so frickin pissed off and just up and leave! So pleeeeeeeease fix that gate at TB so i can actually get in there when theres no mages around thank you kindly!

And also fix all the other bugs in the bases so when i get in and steal all the siggies its cos im good not cos i used cheats or whatever lol! Tbh dont even know if that makes sense lol :gee: :sleep2: :shots:

S

Splup

This is AWESOME!

Finally we get something what they call Risk vs Reward. Taking risk of being in stat loss 20mins at a time, gives you reward of getting access to nice items if you manage to get points.

Thumps up!

S

Splup

I actually don't really like this.

I think its too much.

Now all of the client modding d-bags that walk over candelabras and bagballs will be coming to factions for these items, when they were satisfied before with raiding spawns as reds.
So you don't want people joining factions?

Most of those cheating etc. bastards don't join factions cause they don't have the nerves to be in loss 20 mins so don't worry.

S

Splup

Giving items in factions is just stoopid, they need to sort the bugs out in each base and then maybe people (like me) wouldnt get so frickin pissed off and just up and leave! So pleeeeeeeease fix that gate at TB so i can actually get in there when theres no mages around thank you kindly!

And also fix all the other bugs in the bases so when i get in and steal all the siggies its cos im good not cos i used cheats or whatever lol! Tbh dont even know if that makes sense lol :gee: :sleep2: :shots:
Well, I think it's nice their giving us a reason to be in factions. All we'v got for it so far is Faction horse.

People been whining a lot that they need to add something that gives a reason to be in factions. (Of course I don't know if you have) And now people are whining when we get the reason to be in? I honestly think this is great.

Those items don't even seem too overpowered to me. Everything is capped, so those items just make building suit a bit easier, but you won't be able to make a suit that would be too overpowered compared to other suits.

Like that 25 DCI glasses, I have on my mages suit 65 DCI atm,but with those glasses I might change my quiver to fire resist cloak.

Or with MR 3 ornament I could maybe change one MR piece to HPI piece or something (Since after like 8-9mr it's waste). A little benefit but nothing uber.

Except those bandages removing curses made me almost close my account already... Like archers weren't overpowered already. Here's what one dexer on our shard said about this:

Chohag said:
good thing I got 50k silver lying around bad thing this game is boring anyhow...

bandages to remove curses :)

coz archers ain't overpowered anough as it is...
mortal...remove with bandage
curse...remove with bandage
strangle...remove with bandage
corpse skin...remove with bandage

and knowing our lovely devs while removing thise lovely curses they will properly also heal us :)
so one bandage I heal 60hp remove mortal/curse/etc and I have fun with laughing at the titwits that try to kill me...
Gotta hope those bandies don't heal at all.