• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

some noobie questions!

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been a rather large fan of Star Trek my entire life, so much that I've refused to EVER watch a star wars ;)

anyways, I wanted to give the game a shot, but I've been burned by so many newly released games that I just got fed up.

So as a 13 year Ultima Online player, 3 year EVE player, and a huge Star Trek person. Do you think I'd enjoy the game based on that? Or would I hate it in an unpolished state? I read the thread where someone said they already added in the borg (hope they don't add in new Star Trek fiction too soon).

I know this post is really scatter brained, just tired and not sure how to word it right now :)

Thanks!
-Derium

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Derium,

Star Trek Online is still in the development stages for an early release imo. I too am a huge ST fan going back to 1967, for what it's worth i think the content so far is ok, it's a genuine Star Trek universe, I am very happy to be a part of it, there is a Demo out you can try free, granted it is a bit limited due to gold spammers, i'm sure you know how that goes but it should give you an idea of what to look forward to, CrypticStudios has big plans on the drawing board for the game and i'm sure in a few months they will have something all "Trekkies" will enjoy greatly. Here's a link to the demo.. you can also get some questions answered on the official STO IRC chat at irc.coldfront.com port 6667, once there type /join #STO. you can find me there most of the time just sitting in the wings too.

http://www.startrekonline.com/demo

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awesome thank you! I didn't know they offered a demo :)

got any advice for me before I hop on in sir?

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
advice? hmm lets see, dont call me sir, Wil or Trageon will do... let me know your in-game user name@account name so i can add you to friends, i can help you in-game with some stuff but with the demo it is limited. im Trageon@trageon

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just started the download, I've got a lot coming up in UO but I will get on tonght once it's completed :)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Captain's Log:
Here I was, on a ship minding my own business, tending to some engineering studies. Bang, Bang, we were under attack.
The captain is dead. Borg Spheres? My own ship? Pew, Pew... finally the borglings are dead.

The Admiral beckons.

-Hildebrand out.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have played UO for about 13 years also and have just started playing STO In the last week. So far, I am having a lot of fun exploring and doing missions. I find the FTP version is fine -- I don,t feel restricted in anyway as in some other games.

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find with the new addition of quests, duty officers and more new content Star Trek is on the right path to become an all time favorite, even for a F2P it still offers a lot of rewarding play time and adventure