• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Some newb crafting questions.

Uriel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys so I've been back close to a month now and finally starting to get all of my templates in working order. My biggest hangup at this point seems to be gear. Crafting now seems to be about 100x more intricate then when I left (Pre AoS gear).

So basically what I'm trying to figure out now is how to get a suit of all 70 resists. Most of the people I'm hanging around with are returning players also (but had only left a few years ago, as opposed to when I left) and have told me how important it is to have a full 70 suit....but can't tell me the nuances of crafting one.

My crafter has 120 BS, 105 imbuing, GM arms lore, tailor (I have a 120 scroll i found but didn't eat it yet), and carp.
I have a bunch of DC runics I found at an IDOC and a runic oak and ash saw I got from doing those quests. I don't have any runic tailoring kits.

So how do I go about making myself some decent gear? I'm somewhat confused on how all of these things work (and I've read a bit about the reforging/imbuing on here). Basically to get all of my resists up I'm going to want to look for items that have 1-2 high resists right? I then want to imbue up the lower resists? I'm really not sure what exactly I should be looking for as far as resists go.

I kind of got the gist from looking around that I want to have 1-2 baseline resists? I should be comparing item base properties to the ones that I actually craft to determine where the arms lore points have gone, like X/X/5/X/X depending on the piece and material?
I have a decent amount (to me) of materials, more ingots then anything else.

While not crafting related.... buying things is out of the question. The amount of gold that I had when I left and 10 years of inflation means I can't really buy anything at all. With so much new content I'm not really sure where to hunt (I can't kill much with my melee due to lack of gear, but my mystic/mage isn't too terrible [but the amount of gold I make would mean about 4 months of constant farming to actually buy 1 piece of gear]).

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't hard to get a suit to all 70's in general. It is hard to get a suit to all 70's once you add in a bunch of artifacts and put a requirement on yourself to do it with a minimal number of imbues like two per piece. I make people suits with only two imbues each piece with two artifacts and one being Ornament of Magi which has no resists. It takes time to match the pieces and perfect the weights of the imbues. There are many posts on the subject in this forum, but you may have to look further back in time. A lot of us discussed methods and perfected techniques when imbuing was released.

You have the right idea. Let's say you want to get to all 70's with only two imbues each piece. Select pieces with two lowest resists as close to the material base resist as possible. Thus, no resist is overwritten and wasted. Imbue the piece with the lowest resist in that resist category. Lets say you have four pieces and the cold resists are 3, 4, 7, 8. Imbue the piece with the 3 first and then the piece with 4. If a material has a base of 3 and yet the starting resist is 6 and you add 12 to get to 18 total resist in that category then 3 points were wasted by the random number generator on that piece.

Make a six piece practice suit and try to get all 70's with two imbues per piece. You'll get the hang of it in no time and become a pro.

-Lorax

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also don't overlook the possibilty of a decent resist reforged piece. e.g buy a barbed kit and use the resist option. these can crank out a piece with like 20-25 in each area with the chance of a random mod as well, this can then be enhanced. this can free up valuable mod slots on armour, even though you lose them on that piece it can potentially save you a resist imbue on 5 other pieces :) this in turn frees up item weight on the other pieces too!

if you are making 6 piece suits, then generally you should have little to no trouble maxing out all resists with a single imbue each though, just make a bunch of base pieces and look for the ones that have very little to nil armslore/exp bonus points on a resist. this means you are wasting no item wieght and getting the most from each piece.

TY