• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some Feedback on Publish 86

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Let's see, where to begin?
  1. Well first off, on Atlantic at least, pvp has been non-stop since the publish went live - non-stop. And not just in the cities where VvV is active. One star.
  2. I already posted this in the EC forums, but in spite of quite a few bugs in the new interface, overall the performance improvement with the new UI is so massive that it pretty much eclipses all the minor bugs. And knowing Pinco as I do, it won't be long before most of the bugs are sorted, and we just have to wait for the next version of Pinco's UI to get all our toys back - and while I'm on the topic, please consider visiting Pinco's site and supporting his work if you use Pinco's UI. He isn't being payed for his work on Pinco's UI and he still pays for his own web hosting. Two stars.
  3. The new loot is now universal. People will no longer have to pay 100 mil+ for a decent 10 ssi jewel, or a really nice base piece to build a suit around. This should mean more variety in suits and less cookie cutter crafting. And again, it should lessen the gap between haves and have nots, and make high end game play, including pvp, more accessible to everyone, including new players. Three stars.
  4. Some of the best of the old school artifacts are now available to everyone again, if they join VvV. We all saw what happened to factions when the old faction artifacts were made less accessible, it essentially cut out all the more casual pvp'rs that were interested in factions, but not interested in playing factions 24/7. The result ultimately really was almost the complete death of factions. Four stars.
I could go on, but four out of five stars for this publish, in my opinion, is warranted. I know there has been some blowback from some of the "haves" who don't like the fact that their 2 bil+ suits are now only worth a few hundred million, but as far as I am concerned their salty tears only bring me happiness.

Good job to everyone that worked on this publish. And good luck on the next big project, which is, I hope, releasing UO on Steam. Go! Go! Go! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah even though I've had to reset up all my macro's and all this is a pretty decent publish. I've been enjoying doing the trade deals. There are a few snags here and there but overall I am liking the new content.

I might eventually jump onboard the PvP but for now I'm plenty busy with all the new macro's having to be set. But as the OP noted the performance is a HUGE plus. I think I might be accused of speed hacking..... I'm so quick now. And almost NO lag even on the Asian shards. NICE. Before on the asian shards I was doing the 2 step if you know what I mean.... Now it's go, go, go... loving it.... and I haven't even worked on throwing away stuff for points and combining all my dyes yet..... *sighs*..... so much to do... not enough time to do it.

Did do my 700+ log-in and outs... so anyone wanting to X-shard I'm down for that. GL is my home and before you ask I play Siege too so... think I'll keep mine there. But I have at least 7 or more on any other shard to trade.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please please please allow toggled specs, it will open up temps so much more!!! for the love of god do it.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It gets a 5 star from me, just for the loot system being everywhere. Although the # of Legendary Artifacts I've pulled has me somewhat...well, correction: VERY enthusiastic.

btw, @Kyronix, I've got a question for you. Will PM it in a second.

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just on the new loot system im seeing tons of people out hunting right now in groups an solo an all seem really excited to be doing it...that to me is a Huge Win *thumbs up*

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Are there any commands we can say in-game to see which city is being fought over? If not, could we get a command, so we don't have to log out and back in again if we missed the message?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Are there any commands we can say in-game to see which city is being fought over? If not, could we get a command, so we don't have to log out and back in again if we missed the message?
You should be getting a guild message that says something to the effect of, "[VvV]To Arms! To Arms the city of...." when you are logged into the game and a battle starts. On login you should get a message that indicates that either a battle is active and what city is beseiged, a battle has just concluded and a new one will start in less than 5 minutes, or more people are needed before a battle can begin.

Are you not getting the [VvV] guild message?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You should be getting a guild message that says something to the effect of, "[VvV]To Arms! To Arms the city of...." when you are logged into the game and a battle starts. On login you should get a message that indicates that either a battle is active and what city is beseiged, a battle has just concluded and a new one will start in less than 5 minutes, or more people are needed before a battle can begin.

Hey I did notice that characters in a guild that dont participate in vvv get the battle message. Is that intentional?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey I did notice that characters in a guild that dont participate in vvv get the battle message. Is that intentional?
Currently, yes. Side effect of how the messaging occurs.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I get the messages upon login, but sometimes I go afk to get a drink or something between battles, and miss which city it is while I was away. sometimes my journal is spammed too much due to gen-chat or vendor names from luna etc.

if we could have a command we could type to have the message displayed again that would be awesome.

definitely having a lot of fun with VvV!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix is it possible to expand the range of detecting a sigil. I am still having a rough time finding them.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix is it possible to expand the range of detecting a sigil. I am still having a rough time finding them.
I think so. There is a limit to how far it can detect, but we do have some wiggle room on the the range. Will continue to monitor feedback to see what we can do :)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I get the messages upon login, but sometimes I go afk to get a drink or something between battles, and miss which city it is while I was away. sometimes my journal is spammed too much due to gen-chat or vendor names from luna etc.

if we could have a command we could type to have the message displayed again that would be awesome.

definitely having a lot of fun with VvV!
Glad you are enjoying it! Will certainly keep this in mind.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Let's see, where to begin?
  1. I already posted this in the EC forums, but in spite of quite a few bugs in the new interface, overall the performance improvement with the new UI is so massive that it pretty much eclipses all the minor bugs. And knowing Pinco as I do, it won't be long before most of the bugs are sorted, and we just have to wait for the next version of Pinco's UI to get all our toys back - and while I'm on the topic, please consider visiting Pinco's site and supporting his work if you use Pinco's UI. He isn't being payed for his work on Pinco's UI and he still pays for his own web hosting. Two stars.
I concur 100% with Llewen about the performance improvement in the New UI. My characters on multiple shards are running around faster then ever. Everything is smoother. Despite a few bugs I'm extremely pleased and look forward to seeing what Pinco has in mind for his new UI.

Overall this was a wonderful update to the EC UI and it's really going to go a long way to help the game and new players that try out UO for the first time.

As @Spiritless has suggested I think it's a wise idea to make the EC client the default client download for future UO players. With the Classic Client being available but on alternate page not on the main UO client download page.

It's not in the interest of UO for new players to be experienceing Ultima Online on a 20 year old client.

The New UI rocks!:party:

Now I just hope we get to see some High Resolution come to life in UO sometime in the near future!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye! Fantastic publish. Anybody remembering the threads about...

...lame devs not bringing out new stuff
...game in maintenance mode without innovations
...the end of the world ahead

?

Amusing. If it wasn´t so depressing ;-)

I open a new bottle of scotch and go farming legendaries on peerless. LOVE IT!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think so. There is a limit to how far it can detect, but we do have some wiggle room on the the range. Will continue to monitor feedback to see what we can do :)

Don't change it; it's fine the way it is. I'm enjoying the sigils.

Sinful Obsession

Lady Holiday DeLight
Stratics Veteran
I am enjoying the new stuff but i got one issues.. why is it that the one bar you can use as a storage, that everything goes to the bottom of the box? is there a way you all can fix it so we can use the entire space in the bar storage? Thank you!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am enjoying the new stuff but i got one issues.. why is it that the one bar you can use as a storage, that everything goes to the bottom of the box? is there a way you all can fix it so we can use the entire space in the bar storage? Thank you!
Glad you are enjoying the new content!

Which client are you using when viewing the bar?

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ran into a problem while attempting to complete my trade order s today.
The tailors seem to first of all, not restock inventory as quickly as one might like. When you purchase all their inventory and then you wait patiently, sometimes the item you needed does not get restocked
You then see 2 sets of doublets, which can now be purchase but no shirt!!..you can not complete your order!!

Then sailed to my destination and figured, I will buy it there. Nope!! that tailor has the same problem, selling all doublets but shirts are outta stock!!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just a bit more feedback on stat loss. It's enough to serve it's purpose, and no longer than it needs to be. It lets you know you've lost without being a major finger up your nose session...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
After a while getting used to the new default UI, and playing on the Enhanced Client, I'm forced to take a star off my initial four stars out of five. There are a TON of bugs with the new UI and in the Enhanced Client now, including my personal favourite, the Enhanced Client now has it's own pet death crash bug. Let's see, it's been, I think, seventeen years that the Classic Client has endured crashes on pet deaths, despite many and detailed bug reports. Is this going to be a permanent addition to the Enhanced Client now, to make things a little more even?

And for the record, I'm not laying these problems at Pinco's feet. I have it from a reliable source that there were a lot of last minute changes made to Pinco's code, and we're not talking just small cosmetic changes either - code that was clearly not properly vetted and tested.

I'm trying to stay positive, I still think this, overall, was a terrific publish, but I must admit after at least a dozen deaths this week, due directly to crashes, in both pvp and pvm, I'm a little cranky...

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
... I'm trying to stay positive, I still think this, overall, was a terrific publish, but I must admit after at least a dozen deaths this week, due directly to crashes, in both pvp and pvm, I'm a little cranky...
What exactly is the "pet death crash bug"? How does it occur, what are you doing, does it always happen?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After a while getting used to the new default UI, and playing on the Enhanced Client, I'm forced to take a star off my initial four stars out of five. There are a TON of bugs with the new UI and in the Enhanced Client now, including my personal favourite, the Enhanced Client now has it's own pet death crash bug. Let's see, it's been, I think, seventeen years that the Classic Client has endured crashes on pet deaths, despite many and detailed bug reports. Is this going to be a permanent addition to the Enhanced Client now, to make things a little more even?

And for the record, I'm not laying these problems at Pinco's feet. I have it from a reliable source that there were a lot of last minute changes made to Pinco's code, and we're not talking just small cosmetic changes either - code that was clearly not properly vetted and tested.

I'm trying to stay positive, I still think this, overall, was a terrific publish, but I must admit after at least a dozen deaths this week, due directly to crashes, in both pvp and pvm, I'm a little cranky...
You are not alone. I was at an EM event on Tuesday and normally the EC has had a much better run for me.. I've been faster and all.... but when I was being hit by something I couldn't even see the damage being done to me. Why? Because my client locked up solid as a rock until I died.... then it took at least a min or two before it would "recognize" that I had died and lag out trying to turn the screen gray... at which point I almost logged in frustration... and sadly this occurred after every death... wouldn't have been so bad but the EM had WAY overspawned the stuff that was like the nameless spirits we had at halloween one year which did a MASSIVE area of effect everytime anyone walked near them.. the more folk near them the higher the damage was... well there were at least 70 people on Ivers Rounding with NOWHERE to go... and a good 20 of these things running about.... the death was like something I have NEVER seen in UO. Never have I seen that many corpses in one spot. Good thing I always carry the stick with me to pull my corpse otherwise I'd have had another 30 deaths just trying to sift through all the bodies to find mine. I felt bad for folk who didn't have the stick. Anyway ..... I put a lot of blame on the new client UI. It was horrible. And before I do more EM events I certainly hope they figure this out or I'll be extremely disappointed and upset. Especially if there is a drop and I have zero chance at one with the client acting the way it does right now. Bad enough I'm still trying to put my characters back together from having to redo all my settings and macro's. I have only finished 1/3 of my accounts and I have a LONG way to go before I have it all fixed back to playable modes. Not to mention that I can't even recall half the macro's I had set until I go to use one and realize I have to remember how to build it again.... or worse yet find that I can't because it no longer exists.

It'll probably take me another 2 weeks to get things halfway playable on all my accounts. THAT is the worst of it ..... with little to no compensation for those of us who have just been crippled by the new UI change and to me it feels like little regard either for the suffering it caused.

While I support the need for a new revamped UI because the old one was way too bad... I just hate that it has made me almost not want to log in. I mean .... what if the CC people had their client shredded like we have? It would be as if they had to start all over..... I think many of them would quit.

Anyway... that's my thoughts.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What exactly is the "pet death crash bug"? How does it occur, what are you doing, does it always happen?
Basically a VvV pet, an ostard, died right next to me, my character is in VvV as well and the pet was orange to me, and the client crashed. I haven't had another VvV pet die right next to me yet, so it will be something to look forward to. I've also had just random crashes, so, we'll see. And I'm sorry to hear that Malagaste. Other than the crashes and thousand other bugs, major and minor, performance for me has been much better. Having said that, I avoid events like the plague...

The pet death crash bug in the Classic Client typically happens when a pet, although in the past it hasn't always needed to be a pet, is in the middle of being healed, either by bandages or by spell, and it dies. When that happens it can take out every classic client player on screen with it. I've seen half a dozen and more crash at the same time as a result of that bug. It doesn't seem to happen as often as it used to, so maybe it's "mostly fixed" now.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A command for NON-VvV players to check what towns have VvV battles ongoing or about to start would be helpfull though, considering that a non-VvV risks turning orange by getting into any such Town....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As @Spiritless has suggested I think it's a wise idea to make the EC client the default client download for future UO players. With the Classic Client being available but on alternate page not on the main UO client download page.

It's not in the interest of UO for new players to be experienceing Ultima Online on a 20 year old client.

The New UI rocks!:party:

Now I just hope we get to see some High Resolution come to life in UO sometime in the near future!

I second this also, I think likewise that it would be best for Ultima Online to make the Enhanced Client the default client for download but with the option for nostalgic returning players to download the Classic Client they were used to, if they so much want it to play again UO.....

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, can't say I've ever heard or experienced it in the CC either in 11 years of playing.