• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some converting questions for the pros!

F

Favith

Hi all. I've tried the search feature for the forum but I still couldn't find solid answers to these questions so any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

The scenario: I have a large tower in Tram. I want to convert it to a customizable house.

Questions:

1) What size plot does a large tower convert to? I would assume 18x18 but I've read that isn't true?

2) Do I have to take all my stuff out of the house before converting or will it all transfer to a moving crate?

3) Do I need to deed up the deedable storage stuff (like elven chests and whatnot)? I read somewhere that you do?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Large tower should convert to it's base footprint, which I believe is 16x14.

All the items will drop on the ground, then go under the sign when you replace. The moving crate is only an attachment to an existing house, it doesn't work for resizes since the old house actually disappears and the only thing that happens is the land is made placeable only by the account of the person who is resizing.

Pretty much you'll have to move out and move back in, unless you are on a slow shard in a non busy area and don't mind resizing at 5 AM. Not recommended for people who have an unstable connection or a strong attachment to their things. Good luck!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think 'make this house customizable' doesn't count as a demolish, items will go into the moving crate I believe? I certainly have no recollection of emptying our tower when we converted it to customizable, but it is several years since we did it.

A tower doesn't convert to 18 x 18, I'm not entirely sure if it's 16 x 14 or 15 x 14.

Resize does count as a demolish.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all. I've tried the search feature for the forum but I still couldn't find solid answers to these questions so any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

The scenario: I have a large tower in Tram. I want to convert it to a customizable house.

Questions:

1) What size plot does a large tower convert to? I would assume 18x18 but I've read that isn't true?

2) Do I have to take all my stuff out of the house before converting or will it all transfer to a moving crate?

3) Do I need to deed up the deedable storage stuff (like elven chests and whatnot)? I read somewhere that you do?

Thanks in advance for any info!
2) Everything will go to the moving crate.

3) It will automaticly do into deed form once you it ok. just make sure you empty any of deedable storage stuff before you convert. cuz your stuff in those containers could go poof.
If I was converting I would take down anything that is in deed form. just so it would be in my characters packback and I wouldnt have to go in the crate to get it. IF you do that make sure you have enough room in your pack and no deed falls on the floor.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you convert a large tower to a customizable plot, you can build a house on it that is 13 tiles deep and 15 tiles wide. Just did that very thing Saturday night, however can't tell you about stuff in the tower because it was empty (did the conversion immediately after placing the tower).

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh sorry, I was thinking of resizing, not converting. :blushing: Getting old is hell!