• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

some basic imbuing questions

tks1972

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have recently returned to the game after being gone for a number of years and added 120 Imbuing to my already 120 smith and 120 tailor. If I wanted to craft armor for a warrior what should I make? Make it out of? and imbue it with?

The same question in regards to weapons? (mostly for hunting monsters)

Thanks in advance

tks1972

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was more curious about should I make say studded leather armor and then imbue what on to it. What is the best armor type (leather, studded, plate, ring, etc) what is the best material to start with (leather, horned, iron, gold, etc) then what do I need to imbue to each piece to get to a good suit

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There have been literally 10s if not 100s of thousands of words written about this. I'd suggest heading over to the Warrior forum, and at the top is a sticky called Corwin's Guide to New and Returning PLayers. In there is quite a lot of advice about equipment.

Once you've read that, then you can ask a better question, and we can give a better answer. Your question as it is now posed, cannot be answered, as the answer is different depending on what type of character you're playing.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was more curious about should I make say studded leather armor and then imbue what on to it. What is the best armor type (leather, studded, plate, ring, etc) what is the best material to start with (leather, horned, iron, gold, etc) then what do I need to imbue to each piece to get to a good suit
"Best" armour type depends on what you want to be doing. In the link I pasted above it shows the main differences between the different materials. Studded allows you to have 55lmc these days where as metal armour gives you better protection against stamina loss when being hit for example.

When you start to make a suit I would use plain material. This way the item can be reforged (if needed) and then enhanced after to get higher resists. As for what to imbue to each part that depends on what type of character you are making the suit for. Warrior or mage etc.

Also what artifacts are you using? What are your skills and stats?

tks1972

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Skill set is basic warrior. Swords, Tactics, Anat, Heal, Parry, resisting spells, most of those skills are either GM or above. He currently has used scrolls for 120 swords and tactics

no artifacts yet, currently fighting with basic GM made armor and weapons.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Skill set is basic warrior. Swords, Tactics, Anat, Heal, Parry, resisting spells, most of those skills are either GM or above. He currently has used scrolls for 120 swords and tactics

no artifacts yet, currently fighting with basic GM made armor and weapons.
Then in this case, your question is answered in 100% detail in the Warrior forum. Look at the sticky I mention above.

tks1972

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I looked at it and you have to have a secret decoder ring to make out what in the hell they are saying since I do not know what 90% of the abbreviations are that are being used it made no sense too me.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is there a full on imbuing FAQ or guide anywhere?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I looked at it and you have to have a secret decoder ring to make out what in the hell they are saying since I do not know what 90% of the abbreviations are that are being used it made no sense too me.
Did you attempt to find out what these acronyms mean? Googling for "Ultima Online abbreviations" and or "Ultima Online acronyms" is a reasonable place to start. That should answer the majority of your questions, then feel free to ask about the remaining few in specific.