• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Solstice and Subterfuge: Dec 21st at 6pm GMT

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Silently, and subtly as was his wont, Skaros' fingers moved through his secret filing cabinets until he reached the letter 'S', a few steps further and he found the folder marked as "Sparrow, Lord". He smiled humourlessly at the cliché, but yes it was always wise to be watching the watchmen too. Sitting back down, he quickly flicked through the records; this Lord Sparrow fellow had an exemplary record, as judged by Skaros himself, so it seemed likely his latest report could be trusted too... Sparrow had discovered The Ordo Solstitium would be at the Shrine of Compassion in Trammel for the Winter Solstice on December 21st at 6:00pm GMT, and although he had reported he did not think the Ritual they intended to perform would be of sinister intent, despite requesting torches, lanterns and weapons with flaming blades; yet it probably didn't do to express too widely or with official approval what the Ordo's beliefs were at this point. Let people continue to investigate, indeed be there to at least witness events on the day and make up their own minds...

Skaros sighed at the thought. The King had lectured him for quite some time on that recently, and even though he understood the reasons, you had to be practical. Because if you weren't certain of the Law and the Virtues in this murky world, you could easily be led astray by "chaotic" ideas; what if people really did like the Rituals and beliefs of the Ordo Solstitium and abandoned the ways of the Realm? Where then would the King get unbiased opinion from if his own Investigators became campaigners? Skaros tapped his fingers on Sparrow's folder again. "This, this I can trust" he mused, before soundlessly sliding it back into the filing cabinet, closing the drawer, and opening up the 'B's...

The Ordo Solstitium npcs will remain until the day of the event itself for those who want to follow the lore and solve the mysteries until then (reports in the thread itself may be spoilers, beware!): Gather in the Councillors Hall for a gate to Compassion on the day. Remember to craft or bring light and heat!

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although Sparrow is credited here for discovering the location and date of the Ordo Solstitium , much of the early section of the quest was carried out in the company of Aron and the final discoveries made in company with both Aron and Aurelius. The credit is not mine alone.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was too busy/lazy to get around to reporting it though :)

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we have to have done the 1st bit of the investigation to take part?
as i havent had time to do any at present hope i can in the future

ooops didnt realise it was set at 6pm quite early for me :( oh well guess i miss another event

Last edited:

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Indeed it was a little early; partly because people are going to office parties at this time of year so wouldn't be able to stay late, partly to see what attendance would be like at a different time, but mostly because that's actually when Solstice is, December 21st at 5:11pm GMT ;)

Meanwhile you have not missed the rewards, the toy box will be there until Dec 26th, so feel free to go double click on it to get your little Soldier!

I also left the spawn I didn't use out for you to get slaughtered by; I sat and watched some brave souls take down at least 1 bear until it all got too much, and moved the rest into the cage for some fool hardy fellow to unlock and let loose if they really want too! I wonder if they've been beaten yet?! I'll leave them out for Xmas too. The Lord of Snow should be here until the seasons change however... and the Fawn room should be accessible until the tracks fade.