• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo the T2A Oaks spawn

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Is this possible?

If so, can someone point me in the direction?

I tried it a while back with my swordsman, and could barely get it to advance past the pixis/shadow wisps because too many eventually spawned on the mountains in either unreachable, or very hard to reach, places.

Today, I swapped skills around and tried it with archery. Took my 30 minutes to get to the kirin/wisps, and 30 minutes later, I hadn't yet gotten a 2nd white candle on the first red candle of this level.

Seems that I have a few problems:

1 - if I can only kill a single shadow wisp at a time, I'm not sure I can advance the spawn past this level. To solve this, I made a 50% hit area Yumi.

2 - The hit area killed the pixies too, but as this went on, my karma dropped lower and lower, and with it the duration and effectiveness of my Chiv spells. I guess the solution here is to reforge it for elemental damage instead of relying on Consecrate, though I'll still need DF for the SSI.

3 - No matter what, it seems like a really high % of the stuff spawns in either totally unreachable, or very hard to reach places, meaning that you spend a lot of time simply running around to get a clean shot/swing whatever. Is there any solution for this?

4 - I kept getting hit with a random 12s para on the early levels - it seems that as a death effect some of the things tried to para me. Is this right? I run resist, so normally para not really a problem for me, but this seems unaffected by resist. Solution here is the trapped box, of course.

Anyone see anything I'm really doing wrong? I didn't take the time to optimize my suit for archery, so I could make another suit, but this a pretty significant investment in time/resources. Then again, I have 13 characters that need 25 stats, so maybe it's worth it.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's been a while since I solo'd it but I believe I used my 6x120 swordsman with a pixie swatter for the first few levels, defiler of virtue for kirins and a dragon slayer radiant scimitar for the last level. It took forever which is why I ask for help in gen chat if I want to do it now. Not sure I'm much help other than to say it's doable but a long slow process.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
All I'd add is:
1. Momentum Strike still works with ranged.
2. It can be done just with the grey stuff up until the last level but it's obviously much slower, as it sounds like you're reliant on Karma, otherwise I'd use that to advantage as the stuff comes towards you so you can Hit Area/Momentum.
3. Teleport scrolls. Though you can actually run everywhere up on those ledges, it's just a pain, you could also use Explosion potions/Conflags for ledge wisps perhaps.
4. When Pixies die they will either Parra, Poison or Greater Heal you.

...I'm assuming you're already using the Fey Slayer bow and know most/all of this.