• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo Meraktus 'champ'?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So, I got handed this quest from the mastery guy, and I've never ventured in there past Rend. I tried to cancel and get a new one, but it keeps repeating this quest. :p

I asked in GC and the only person who answered said it's not solo-able, but that's just 1 opinion.

If this is solo-able, what's the tactics?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Is ToL on production yet?

If you're on Atlantic I'll do it just for fun should you want to. But the quests do change daily I think, so if you quit and take a new one tomorrow it'll be different.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, it went live on the 7th. I am on Chessy, alas. Good to know about the changing quests. I signed up for the parry mastery quest and it was "defeat mephitis", which I thought was cool, given that a) I'm still collecting various statues etc. and B) I got a 120 archery I've been looking for.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish notes say the quest stays the same for an hour. Don't need to wait until the next day.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Even better, @Petra Fyde , at this point I'm pretty curious about just hammering out a solo on Meraktus, but never having been there even as a group, I've got no sense of if it's possible or not.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, based on his, as unhelpful as possible without actually giving wrong information, post, I have my doubts. I simply find it hard to imagine that there's a spawn easier than 'Coon. I found a thread on a different message board that was quite old that indicated it's solo-able, so it must be doable in today's UO.

I guess that I will just have to give it a go and see what happens later this evening.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well, I gave it a try yesterday. The results were... not great. For 1, simply doing the spawn took me ~70 minutes, though I'm not sure if the first few were 'counting' toward the champ or not, because I don't remember seeing the spam in my journal right away.

70 minutes is enough to do 2 other champs, start to finish.

Then when Meraktus itself spawned, I was pretty quickly vanquished. He/one of the tormented minotaurs was able to land a 147 point attack on me, pretty quickly in the fight. Melee might not be the way to go for these guys.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The foot stomp instant death (sounds like something from 'Pygmy' lol) is an extremely stupid move, I don't know if the Tormented Minotaur Protection talisman help against it.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish notes say the quest stays the same for an hour. Don't need to wait until the next day.
Even faster:
  1. Switch subserver.
  2. Abort quest.
  3. Answer the security confirmation with "no"
  4. Select your mastery
  5. Check the new quest objective
  6. If you don't like it, start over at 1.
Use moongates to switch subserver. There's no faster way, to obtain the mastery quest, you're looking for.