So....

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
R

Robthemilt

I would like to point out that nothing brings people together like hatred. And nothing in UO makes people hate you more than when you make them look stupid. A perfect example of this is sitting in the rares forum. Someone said that the thread involving what was probably going to be the most expensive piece of jewelry EVER in uo (not even a one of a kind) shows how much of an impact we can have.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-rare...dstone-bracelets-member-lockpicker-thief.html

Read it. Love it. And note who has the bankrolls.... And realize that many of them are just as, or more so shady with each other as Oblivion has been.

Rico. I could use a grammar lesson or five My llast part is kindof hurting My eyes.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jul 29, 2008
minocianresistance.webs.com
Heh. I don't approve of guild thieving... And I'm not generally a fan of scam thieving (depends on how its conducted) but its certainly nothing new. Nevertheless, that's not to say I don't partake in my own form of griefing through thieving. Nothing says "mission accomplished" more than people going out of their way to take measures against you, whether it be to stop you from owning a trivial piece of pixel crack, dedicating guild members to thief protection at spawns, altering templates to better deal with you or your crew, or Event Moderators to emptying their packs.

Best way to deal with thieves, no matter the type of thief, is to ignore them.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 9, 2009
Atlantic, Felluca Hedgemaze
Heh. I don't approve of guild thieving... And I'm not generally a fan of scam thieving (depends on how its conducted) but its certainly nothing new. Nevertheless, that's not to say I don't partake in my own form of griefing through thieving. Nothing says "mission accomplished" more than people going out of their way to take measures against you, whether it be to stop you from owning a trivial piece of pixel crack, dedicating guild members to thief protection at spawns, altering templates to better deal with you or your crew, or Event Moderators to emptying their packs.

Best way to deal with thieves, no matter the type of thief, is to ignore them.

I would concur --- everyone has their own tactics...based on preference and values. Some methods I deploy other thieves might not agree with, but you do not have to agree with everyone, now do you?

As for "Mission Accomplished" --- i'm not exactly finished, yet. People will just have to wait and see what else is up my sleeves.

*winks*

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 9, 2009
Lord Nabin said:
Me too. I already have a couple of my fellows from the rares community chipping in just to deny the pleasure of this thief owning such a charished bracelet. feel free to contact me with your donations tonight to help make this happen.

The plan is to place this as the center piece of my museum as a tribute to the rares community. :)
I always enjoy a challenge....

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 24, 2009
Getting out of my troll cave
I still fail to see the value in this item other that GED wanted it. It's no more rare than some other event items. A cap sewn by my old tailor from a account I sold 10+ years ago is by fair more rare than this could ever be yet there is no value for it.

It's rather a group of the elite over there in rare land.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 9, 2009
I still fail to see the value in this item other that GED wanted it. It's no more rare than some other event items. A cap sewn by my old tailor from a account I sold 10+ years ago is by fair more rare than this could ever be yet there is no value for it.

It's rather a group of the elite over there in rare land.

Or did I "realllllllly" want it......?

People do not know how much I would have paid for it, so it is all relative.

*smiles*

And believe me, it is sure a lot of fun to mess with the "elite" or those who think the are in fact that stature.

Luisito

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 13, 2010
I still cant believe that the rare collectors got together and payed roughly 1,000-2,000 USD. Pretty crazy for an item that doesn't really do anything besides take up pixel space.

Plus I wonder what its real worth is before Nabin and GED went all out!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 24, 2009
Getting out of my troll cave
It's such a small circle of people who are in that upper range of the money's in rareville that here was a chance to show thier collective uppercrusting ways. If Nabin, the man of the holy ways, did not place his input into the whole auction would it have gone so far? If it wasn't for GED would anyone have cared?

That section of the forum is so selective in whom they let in it is almost like the "I'd never be a member of a club that would let me join". I commented on GED's sale of some earings, placed a subjective bid and both a posting of mine and his were deleted...hrmm.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 9, 2009
Some noteworthy points about that community:

1. Apparently putting the link referencing the sale of the Bloodstone Master Thief was "frowned upon" when putting it in my signature.

2. Love to hate me, hate to love me .... but find themselves loving me either way.

3. Have dealt with me one way or another, whether it be buying, selling or being a victim.

4. Know that I have been associated with certain mishaps with certain events, but choose to continuously deal with me (and some even stating that they do not even care)....and i'm not talking about one-off people....it's those "high end elite rare collectors" off the record of the forum, but want something from me.

5. Will have to continue to "deal" with me....because i'm an avid rare collector.....and a collector of many things.

Why join 'em....when you can beat 'em?