• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, you think you have an uber?

• Thread starter Animal_Control
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Animal_Control

Über or ueber comes from the German language. It is a cognate of both Latin "super" and Greek ὑπέρ "hyper", as well as English "over".

Okay. Keeping that in mind, and say for example, you have a Zero, Fifi-Teens, sticks-teens (whatever) ---You honestly think there is anything Ueber about that? Even a 30 toon, or 35 toon with some of the bells & whistles? Honestly.

Anytime you require special attention to be kept alive during routine runs, YOU ARE NOT A SUPER-Toon. You are not what we call a Hyper-Toon, nor are you an "Over-the-top" Toon. (Okay, so this applies to some careless 130's also, but whose keeping track, right?)

So, the next time your Super-Toon inexplicably goes sad, gets squished, or a monster finger wag fingers you, don't worry...nobody likes to be Über-sad, so strive to be truly super!!!!

Attachments

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, you're new. I haven't figured out your agenda yet. So in case you are serious..

Yeah, yeah. Heard it a bazillion times over the last whatever years. Whoever coined the phrase "Uber" to describe what we ubers do didn't consult their dictionary. But this game's been around for going on 7 years now, right? There's no going back now.

Anytime you require special attention to be kept alive during routine runs, YOU ARE NOT A SUPER-Toon.
Sadness comes with the job if you make an uber. I don't know anyone who has an uber that expects/requires "special attention to be kept alive". I prefer TU unites not be wasted on me, and any uber who risks death in the pie round shouldn't be playing on an uber.

A

Animal_Control

Hmm. The agenda is: Poke-Poke.
hehe. Sore subject even after seven years, huh? LOL.
:bdh:

S

Squeaker

Oh I do love to learn something new. Even language origins! I did have a very nice thought about how I play better on my new uber but then I just played her... Maybe I'm just tired - that's as good an excuse as any.

But USUALLY, I'm more careful with her (she's not an uber yet - not maxed gags). And I do admit to playing her with only friends - I've only run with friends and stratics runs. That is because I made her for those friends. My other toons were already maxed and I needed a reason to run all those factories and vps with them! :D Of course, now, half the time I'm begging for help with a factory or two... lol

S

Sarcatstic

Well I really like Uber! Usually with alot of butter and bacon bits. Of course a dash of sour cream is always good after adding the cheese!:lick:

L

Little Sadie

I don't reqiure or want anyone to keep me alive anymore then a regular high laff toon. What fun would that be to be babied all the way through?

K

Kippy

Über or ueber comes from the German language. It is a cognate of both Latin "super" and Greek ὑπέρ "hyper", as well as English "over".

OK I am more then ''super'' and i am defintly ''hyper'' so I AM an uber!
wow! glad I got that out!

OK now on the subject, ubers do NOT require special attention, we know the risks of making such a toon, I think you still have alot to learn on Uber toons

Chanty :)

S

Squeaker

I will admit I sometimes require special attention to be kept alive. On any of my toons! If I happen to be on Cat - it takes a smaller unite, bonus! When I do check out the pedicures of my toons, a 34 hurts the least - so another plus there. Cat is my first - as everyone knows - but I am having loads of fun with her. I only play her a couple times a week now but love every minute of it! I am no where near the level of the the other ubers but I do try.

Now, on the other side. I do know some that 'expect' a certain type of play when they're in. And some that call themselves ubers (being low laff - but still low gags). Laughable.... or is it Laffable?

And... for those of you thinking of baking, roasting, grilling, or in any other way enjoying my uber or any uber I know and love.... Dice one of us up - you'll die quicker than if you just cracked open a blow fish! :D

A

Animal_Control

Grilling Tip #176:

To safely tenderize an Ueber, just add 1 can of Wolf Cat Turkey Chili.
There's so much acid & crap content per can, that you wont notice the poisons!

Some great points have been attempted here...the bottom line is - It's probably just a fad. :) Hmmm, maybe Its not a fad but a useful tool to keep you from attaining your true goals. Ubers are the invention of Dr. Evil -Buhahahah. :)

Have fun going sad, kickin' the bucket, punchin' yer ticket, Cntl-Alt-Del'ing, respawning, etc. Hehe.:thumbup:

Serious question: How do you get dried peanut butter off of an uber?

Attachments

T

toontownhappy

Grilling Tip #176:

To safely tenderize an Ueber, just add 1 can of Wolf Cat Turkey Chili.
There's so much acid & crap content per can, that you wont notice the poisons!

Some great points have been attempted here...the bottom line is - It's probably just a fad. :) Hmmm, maybe Its not a fad but a useful tool to keep you from attaining your true goals. Ubers are the invention of Dr. Evil -Buhahahah. :)

Have fun going sad, kickin' the bucket, punchin' yer ticket, Cntl-Alt-Del'ing, respawning, etc. Hehe.:thumbup:

Serious question: How do you get dried peanut butter off of an uber?
*comes out of hibernation*
Very confused am I. Just wanted to state that.
*returns to hibernation*

G

Granjell

OH..... MY.........GAWD!!!!!

I just remembered my Polish Great-grandmother (Boosha) had a recipe that no one could figure out because it called for ueber and we didn't know what that was. Aging it in a ceramic crock in the basement for a week was part of it.... And serving it with lots of sauerkraut....

K

Kippy

Some great points have been attempted here...
I won't post on this thread anymore because Ubers are a sensitive subject for me and I will start saying things that Trish will need to edit (again):lick::bowdown:

I just wish that poeple like you wouldn't hide behind a name and say out loud who they are, what toon they play and where they hang out....

Tell me one thing... If ubers need so much attention to survive, how is it possible to make an all 2 track uber vp? It has been done and all survived!
who saved them with unites?
Poeple like you just p**** me off!

and just for your little personnal info, MY uber NEVER died by a bad choice of gags only by other toons killing me off on purpose and I never needed special attention or unite to save my little...... toon's life!
If poeple like you would stop trying to kill off ubers and give them a chance to participate in the teamwork you would realize that most of them are very experienced players and know how to play.... WE don't need special attention, we need a chance to play!

Have a great day and wish you never cross my path,

S

SSniffleslam

OH..... MY.........GAWD!!!!!

I just remembered my Polish Great-grandmother (Boosha) had a recipe that no one could figure out because it called for ueber and we didn't know what that was. Aging it in a ceramic crock in the basement for a week was part of it.... And serving it with lots of sauerkraut....
I bet the smell was AMAZING! after a week. :lol::lol:

A

Animal_Control

Me Sowwy Chanty.

I love ubers like I love spiders. I personally don't squish them myself. I feed them, and try to give them an unobstructed way outside. I think i may have kissed an uber once, maybe even lived with one. (not sure) :)

I hang out in the shadows of the factory, in the crevasses of the mint, in the hidden restrooms (you never see those huh?). And I enjoy the company of the funny & twisted, the slimy & sublime, and those others who are waiting to take over the WORLD! :) And I always cross your path.

Me likes widdle cuddly ubers.:lol:

Attachments

S

SSniffleslam

Since you quote the joker, it makes me wonder if you're the type that incites mayhem just for the fun of it.

*runs the other way*

G

Granjell

The Dark Knight was the CREEPIEST batman movie EVER!!! Give me Adam West and Cesar Romero any day of the week!!!

S

Sarcatstic

I won't post on this thread anymore because Ubers are a sensitive subject for me and I will start saying things that Trish will need to edit (again):lick::bowdown:

I just wish that poeple like you wouldn't hide behind a name and say out loud who they are, what toon they play and where they hang out....

Tell me one thing... If ubers need so much attention to survive, how is it possible to make an all 2 track uber vp? It has been done and all survived!
who saved them with unites?
Poeple like you just p**** me off!

and just for your little personnal info, MY uber NEVER died by a bad choice of gags only by other toons killing me off on purpose and I never needed special attention or unite to save my little...... toon's life!
If poeple like you would stop trying to kill off ubers and give them a chance to participate in the teamwork you would realize that most of them are very experienced players and know how to play.... WE don't need special attention, we need a chance to play!

Have a great day and wish you never cross my path,
I have alot of uber friends and never really looked at a post on the all two track vp, but how many sos cards would be used?

About the only toon that can tell me what gag to play(and expect me to listen) is a "Good" uber in a vp.

And do something really stupid in a vp and make a uber go sad and ill try to let you go see how they are doing in the playground.

That said, I think ubers are strange, toons with 70 fish are strange, toons that max cash doing only coins are....... Cute (tricked you didnt I), and all those other strange things we love to do as toons:lick:

T

TealAngel

My opinion on ubers is this,
A. Im too chicken to make one, so i bow down to those who do.
B. I love ubers, in my humble opinion, anyone that can max out on gags with the minimum of laugh points, obviously knows how to play and knows what they are doing. Again I bow down to the ubers. Give me an uber anyday. I would prefer keeping a small toon alive, that knows what they are doing, then some maxed out power tripping toon, that has forgotten the game is a team effort and not every toon for himself. I like to keep the little toons alive because plain and simple, its the right thing to do. Okay taking off my mom badge, tossing it to the floor and saying, come on ubers lets go kick some cog tush

L

Little Sadie

I have come to see that cash ubers are the easiest toons of all to play, not including Chanty's of course. I get 71 laff, six gag tracks, 70 gags, and can do any mint. I don't have to garden, race, fish, or golf. I need no merits, notes, or options. I never have to see the inside of a CEO again! I have yet to go sad on him in any way, though my time is surely coming. Anyway, I have yet to meet an uber that wants to be treated differently from anyone else.

K

Kippy

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My opinion on ubers is this,
A. Im too chicken to make one, so i bow down to those who do.
B. I love ubers, in my humble opinion, anyone that can max out on gags with the minimum of laugh points, obviously knows how to play and knows what they are doing. Again I bow down to the ubers. Give me an uber anyday. I would prefer keeping a small toon alive, that knows what they are doing, then some maxed out power tripping toon, that has forgotten the game is a team effort and not every toon for himself. I like to keep the little toons alive because plain and simple, its the right thing to do. Okay taking off my mom badge, tossing it to the floor and saying, come on ubers lets go kick some cog tush

Why not, Uber are fun. I am geting close to vp with my new uber toon. The only downsize is the jumping in river while playing uber. Yeah ubers have alot risk but it worth it when you max out sellbot.

Dont be chicken come to toontown central's food place Soup and Crack ups. The best soup in toontown. :)