• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, You Say the team that Created UO, wre Idiot's ?

G

Hail: I wonder what the Creative Team, that Made UO, thinks of the game in it's current state?

It is, of course almost nothing like what they envisioned, and then created. It was made in the Classic, RPG format, of Good vs Evil, in a Fantasy setting of the Game Ultima. This is what a lot of, "YOU", want. Ultima, without the On-Line part. Good, without the Evil part. Death, without the penalty of death part. and on an on an on.

Right now, there is no Good vs Evil, it became Good vs Npc's and Creatures, and Evil vs Evil, with nothing to gain by it. It takes players that chose to be Evil, "in a RPG way", the ability to do so. My Red is over 9 1/2 years old, and was that way from week 1 in the game. But now i can not use my MAIN charater in any expansion that has come out, or will come out.

Every time i see post about how much better the game is now, as far as insurance, and Fel?tram, and expansions, and so on. What you are saying is that the Creators of the Game were Idiot's, and they should have NOT made it the way they did. You know, When there were 5-7 times as many players as there are now.

Even those that complained about the bounty system always seem to overlook this fact. PK Joe, 127 Kills, bounty at 150,000 gold. Then he gets a friend, or someone to kill him, and they split the gold. That was true. It was just as true, that if YOU, or anyone else would have Killed him when he had 125 Kills, and 148,000 gold, YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT, INSTEAD OF HIM.

If you took the game from 1998, and kept the basics in place, and added the expansions we have now, WHILE KEEPING THE ORIGINAL IDEA'S IN PLACE, Bugs and exploits aside, There would be a hell of a lot more people playing this game, than there are now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My Red is over 9 1/2 years old, and was that way from week 1 in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]And that is precisely why some of the changes were needed.

Granted I don't agree with all the changes made but the game now is still so much better than in '97. Yes I was here for it, and spoke with my wallet. I, like many others, quit because of the rampant, unaccountable PK's.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

What you are saying is that the Creators of the Game were Idiot's

[/ QUOTE ]
NO ...

that be YOUR interpretation/assumptions of third party states of mind ...

<blockquote><hr>

"It is, of course almost nothing like what they envisioned, and then created"

[/ QUOTE ]
NEVER was perfect to begin with ... EVEN they had some surprised realizations

SnR
&lt;&lt;&lt;
(where a good place to look for answers can START ... Point 1)

G

<blockquote><hr>

And that is precisely why some of the changes were needed.

Granted I don't agree with all the changes made but the game now is still so much better than in '97. Yes I was here for it, and spoke with my wallet. I, like many others, quit because of the rampant, unaccountable PK's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right changes did need to be made, and at the time I was completely in agreement with them; I now believe that the changes went to far in eliminating risk from game. I firmly belive that insurence need to be changes as well as not being able to loot corpses in tram. I think when you die with an insured item it should go to your bank box (or an insurence crate) so that at least you would have to go to a city to retrieve your Items.

V

VoiceInBlackness

<blockquote><hr>

This is what a lot of, "YOU", want. Ultima, without the On-Line part. Good, without the Evil part. Death, without the penalty of death part. and on an on an on.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> DEATH.....the final frontier.Evil &amp; Good and all that jazz......and on and on and on and on ANDDDDD on and on and on and on.........If you want penalty then have it so after 10 deaths your charactor lives no more...drop the curtain and delight with the term,"penalty".</font>

<blockquote><hr>

There would be a hell of a lot more people playing this game, than there are now.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Speculations at the very best..... propose to dismiss argument on grounds of weak evidence. </font>

I

imported_Skrag

"Blah blah blah, the gank squad sitting at Brit crossroads fragging newbies might have looked like just stupid griefers, but they were actually creating a dynamic and meaningful world of good and evil!"

Nobody bought this line of BS back then, nobody is buying it now. The original creators of UO were in many ways very naive, yes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you took the game from 1998, and kept the basics in place, and added the expansions we have now, WHILE KEEPING THE ORIGINAL IDEA'S IN PLACE, Bugs and exploits aside, There would be a hell of a lot more people playing this game, than there are now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to keep the original idea's in place you can't add the expansions we have now without destroy it.

I can't think about just one expansion I would want added to my good old game. I would want the bugs fixed and some kind house secure added. No item insurance, no Trammel (Trammel shards would be ok), no AoS items. There are so many thing I wish never had been added to UO.

B

BamBamJohnson

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to keep the original idea's in place you can't add the expansions we have now without destroy it.

I can't think about just one expansion I would want added to my good old game. I would want the bugs fixed and some kind house secure added. No item insurance, no Trammel (Trammel shards would be ok), no AoS items. There are so many thing I wish never had been added to UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't like EA can just roll out a classic shard for UO. No one can ever agree on what classic means. For some people it is pre Trammel, for others it is pre AOS. other people just want things the way they were in 1997 where there was free for all pvp and no insurance.

"if only they would just go back to [X] we would have way more players" is a poor argument that you will never ever ever ever be able to prove.