• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] So why is a -15 Mage Wepeon so desirable?

Festus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious,
Saw some posts on how to make a -15 Mage Weapon, and wondered why they were sought after.
Just want to know if there is a market for such weapons.
Thanks for your input.
-Festus

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
simply because it allows a mage to use a weapon with less negative and thus easier to over come with items!

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious,
Saw some posts on how to make a -15 Mage Weapon, and wondered why they were sought after.
Just want to know if there is a market for such weapons.
Thanks for your input.
-Festus

Mostly because the max skill increase you can imbue is +15... which means you don't need the +5 Magery / +15% Enhance potions talisman to get to +20 Magery for the purpose of offsetting the Negative from your Mage weapon. -15 MW allows you to do something like 50% Enhance potions +15 Magery Ring or some such. The added benefit of not having to put +5 more skill increase somewhere on your suit is nice too bc skill increase is 1.4 imbuing weight etc.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It's mainly a PvP weapon.
You need defense and -15 Mage usually is more suitable that 120 wrestling or anatomy.

Festus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I were try to make a -15 mage weapon, what would be most desirable for resale?
Thanks for the replies.
-Festus

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I were try to make a -15 mage weapon, what would be most desirable for resale?
Thanks for the replies.
-Festus
Hit Life Leech 16% (from enhance)
Spell Channeling
Mage Weapon -15 Skill
Hit Point Regeneration 2 (from enhance)
Defense Chance Increase 15%

Imbue the other mods.

Last edited:

Sir Mastermind

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I did not know about the whetstone 'til I got through most of the imbuing. I imbued DI down to 1, and still not enough room by 2 weight. Now the whetstone says it's an invalid target...Any thoughts? Maybe can't use once it's been imbued.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you have to use whetstone before doing imbuing, reforging and even change to garg version of the weapon, dunno if it have problems with enhanced or not, havent tried that