• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So who is touched by the "Growing Thorns Fever"

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last week my provider did some maintenance which left me unexpectetly without an internet connection for almost a week, something that is sheer horror for a "locked down" gardner like me ... (and me sheer horror to my boyfriend I guess, because we are getting a backup ISP :D )
Only on the 3rd day I could get to a friend to login real fast and dump all in secures, many plants were wilted and dying.
It took me a couple of days to get all sorted, healed up and growing again and recover from the plants that didn't make it.

Sooooo ... now that all is settled down for me the big plant growing itch strikes again ...

After going completly overboard and enjoying the new plant system (I grew hundreds and hunreds of them, still have like 300 in stock) I figured considering the latest news I might as well keep my gardning insanity spree in pace and started to mass produce the thorns.
Prepairing to do the Naturalist Quest a gazillion times.

Am I the only one this plant crazy ?
Do I need to seek some Gardners Annonimous group?
Am I in need of professional help ?

Anyways am curious if I am alone out there or not ...

Greetings to all fellow gardners :)

D

DHMagicMan_1

I was going to grow a LOT of green thorn producers... until I found a stack of 840 thorns... decided I didn't need to grow more thorns at the moment.

I'm still growing some new stuff and growing a bunch of "Classic" plains of all types.

B

Beastmaster

I planted all 15 snake plant seeds I had, so that should give me enough for about a day's worth of questing. Then I'll be stuck waiting on more to grow alongside the mutants I'll be checking 2-3 times too often each day! lol

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I still have a nice stack of thorns so I will be ready for pub 56.
I think I can sell black cypress trees and white henge but I don't really want the other plants in white or black.
I like the plants in plain color but some bloodred henge would had been cool too for the fall, think the cocao tree would look great in bloodred too

B

Beastmaster

White spiders or junipers will be nice for winterland decos. And the hedges in either white or black should be good sellers.

L

Lord Drakelord

Found a little over 100 thorns going thru some old stuff of ours and picked up like 60 seeds left in New Haven two weeks ago, so been growing 8 plants, all I really care to grow at one time. I never went crazy like some folks, most I had growing was maybe 40 plants at one time.

F

Flora Green

I found a stack of 400 thorns so I'm good for a couple days.:)

As for being a garden addict, I think I qualify. Spring cleaning helped me a LOT with all the junk I had, so my second house is going to be dedicated to storage. That leaves the garden shop free for themed decorating and I can go in and out of customization without a bunch of containers ending up in the moving crate.

I plan to take a day soon and just farm the heck out of peculiar seeds. I want a huge stock on hand so I don't have to bother with hunting them. It's an annoyance and intereferes with my other gameplay to do that.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi my name is Oriana and I am a plant addicted. I had a stock pile of green thorns, 2k give or take a few. So I'm good on those but been getting my orange petal producers back up and maintaining my cocoa trees. I need to start a new group of the new plants for personal use, mostly need the cypress cause I sold all those I grew. But yea I'm excited about the new black white and fire seeds, going to be interesting.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I found a stack of 400 thorns so I'm good for a couple days.:)I plan to take a day soon and just farm the heck out of peculiar seeds. I want a huge stock on hand so I don't have to bother with hunting them. It's an annoyance and intereferes with my other gameplay to do that.
I found it was easier to buy the seed from players than hunt them myself. It works fine, I now have almost 400 plant seed, plan to start around 20-30 new plants aday.

Sure I could hunt for them myself but if I'm out hunting, it's not monsters who are my target. When not out hunting, I like to duel, craft, grow plants, maintain my Guild and my vendors.

I hope the prices won't drop to much but even when I paid the hunter a good price for the seed, do I expect to make good money from it.

If the white and black plants sell, I may pay newbie stealters for doing the quests for me.

N

Ni-

*calmly walks in front of a bright green, pointy, menagerie*

nothing!

Y

Yalp

Hi my name is Oriana and I am a plant addicted. I had a stock pile of green thorns, 2k give or take a few. So I'm good on those but been getting my orange petal producers back up and maintaining my cocoa trees. I need to start a new group of the new plants for personal use, mostly need the cypress cause I sold all those I grew. But yea I'm excited about the new black white and fire seeds, going to be interesting.
give me a shout... i've got extra cypress you can have...

and is there EVER enough green thorns and orange petals in stock?

F

Flora Green

Ah, yes. I stealth to do the mutant quest. I'm too lazy to become a friend though I suspect I need to now with the addition of black and white plants. I'm not paying for peculiar seeds, though. People are asking 200-1000gp per seed and the plants are only selling for 3-5k on my shard. Some people are selling for less than 3k. :( I'm capable of hunting, I just have to make the time because hunting and a toddler don't go well together. Her bedtime = my playtime WHEN I can stay awake. :)

If I could find a way to manage time, I would place a house and grow on my secondary shard. I KNOW the plants are still selling well there. Since you are on SP, Freja, I bet the prices there will stay up awhile and maybe they'll finally settle higher than Origin's prices have.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If I could find a way to manage time, I would place a house and grow on my secondary shard. I KNOW the plants are still selling well there. Since you are on SP, Freja, I bet the prices there will stay up awhile and maybe they'll finally settle higher than Origin's prices have.
I don't know how long the price will stay up but I had been selling Cypress trees for 25k, henge, small trees and some of the flowers for 15k. the less wanted plants sell for 2-5k.

Even with paying 1k each seed, it should pay off. 100 seed will cost 100k but I only need to sell 4 cypress trees and one to 15k to get my money home used for seed and regs. the rest = 95 plants will be profite and even if I only got 5k each, that would be 475k but more likely around 1 mill if the prices stay up.

D

Desert_dionysus

I am starting to grow more than the normal few plants a week again, and realized I don't have any more bright green snake plant seeds. Does any one on Chessy have one or two they can spare me?

B

Beastmaster

I should have some Friday. I planted all I had and they should reach day 8 today. Send me your ICQ via PM if you like or we can arrange a meet via PM.

F

Fink

I don't have Growing Thorns Fever, but I do have the Growing Bonespurs Malaise.. :(

I love the thorns. I use them whenever I remember I'm carrying them. Every now and then I get into a "let's grow 1200x thorns/petals/leaves" kick, even though I'm far from being in danger of running out.

As for the new plants, I haven't managed to sell all of the first two batches I grew, just the trees and the hedges. I think I should charge more for them as the cost is roughly 4 times that of growing a single seed given you can't choose precisely what you grow.:eek: