• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So what's in YOUR stable?

• Thread starter PlayBoy. Inc.
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
P

PlayBoy. Inc.

Hi All,

So I decided that it would be fun (hopefully?) to see what all types of pets you all have stabled away on your tamer character(s)!

I'll share mine first... and this will probably prove how pointless some of my slots are being used up I guess. Ha.

First, the pets that I use most to hunt with:

1 pure white cu sidhu
1 dread war horse
2 greater dragons

The remaining pets that I have that I no longer use or am keeping to experiment with:

1 neon pink hell dog leader (old and no longer spawns)
5 neon hell predator hell cats (horray for pack instincts!)
2 purple hued bunnies (from Easter '08)
1 white wyrm (nearly 7x GM... I use to hunt with him a lot before all these other pets surfaced!)
1 rune beetle
1 squirrel

So what all critters are in YOUR stable? :)

Attachments

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
1 GD
1 bake
2 mares
1 rune beetle
1 Cu
1 White Worm
1 blue beetle
1 Dragon
1 hyru

Thats what I currently have

S

Sweety

Not totally sure if this is correct. Don't feel like logging on.

List:
1 rune beetle
1 greater dragon
1 white cu
1 red cu
2 black cus
1 blaze cu
1 ice blue cu
2 dreads
1 fire steed
1 pure mare
might be a white wyrm
can't remember last one could be another mare or a beetle

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Account 1:

1 white cu
2 regular cu's
1 white wyrm
1 greater drag
1 dread horse
1 nightmare
1 rune beetle
2 bake kitsune
1 unicorn
1 greater chicken

Account 2:

1 red cu
1 regular cu
4 frenzied's
1 dread horse
1 nightmare
2 bake kitsune
1 greater drag
1 unicorn
1 rune beetle
1 dragon

Account 3:

3 greater drags
1 white cu
1 grey cu
1 rune beetle
1 bake kitsune
1 nightmare

I think that covers it.

P

PlayBoy. Inc.

Account 1:

1 greater chicken

Eh?! o_O

Just curious... what do you use the unicorns for? Do you actually still hunt with them or are they GM'd in skills and you don't have the heart to release/get rid of them?

-Bunny

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see.... Grand totals for my 32 tamers:

1 Bake Kitsune
29 Cu Sidhe (11 are the normal color; the other 18 are other colors, nothing notably rare though)
10 Dragons (5 red, 5 gray)
5 Dread Warhorses
4 Fire Steeds
6 Frenzied Ostards
37 Greater Dragons (21 red, 16 gray)
45 Hiryu (20 are the normal color and 25 are other colors)
41 Nightmares
26 Rune Beetles
7 Unicorns
24 White Wyrms

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

1 Bake Kitsune
29 Cu Sidhe (11 are the normal color; the other 18 are other colors, nothing notably rare though)
5 Dread Warhorses
4 Fire Steeds
6 Frenzied Ostards
41 Nightmares
26 Rune Beetles
7 Unicorns
24 White Wyrms
lol now thats a addict

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh?! o_O

Just curious... what do you use the unicorns for? Do you actually still hunt with them or are they GM'd in skills and you don't have the heart to release/get rid of them?

-Bunny
When I tamed the unicorns, they weren't nearly as powerful as other stuff in my stable, but they were exceptional examples (4.2-4.6 Pet Calculator), so I trained them up anyway. They fight well, I'll occasionally take them to the Chicken Fight Club, and sometimes even go kill things with them just to be different. That's whats great about being a tamer, I don't HAVE to use the same pets as everyone else (read that as gdrags...YAWN). Same with my chicken, I'll fight him at CFC, but I've actually taken down an ogre lord with him lol, just to do it. I keep pets for various reasons, some practical and some sentimental. I'm more inclined to roll a bug/bake or bug/mare combo than the gdrags every other tamer wannabe is running.

P

PlayBoy. Inc.

1 Bake Kitsune
5 Dread Warhorses
4 Fire Steeds
6 Frenzied Ostards
41 Nightmares
26 Rune Beetles
7 Unicorns
24 White Wyrms
lol now thats a addict
Wow! :eek:

Ok, I only have ONE tamer haha. Why so many regular hued pets btw?

- Bunny

P

PlayBoy. Inc.

Eh?! o_O

When I tamed the unicorns, they weren't nearly as powerful as other stuff in my stable, but they were exceptional examples (4.2-4.6 Pet Calculator), so I trained them up anyway. They fight well, I'll occasionally take them to the Chicken Fight Club, and sometimes even go kill things with them just to be different. That's whats great about being a tamer, I don't HAVE to use the same pets as everyone else (read that as gdrags...YAWN). Same with my chicken, I'll fight him at CFC, but I've actually taken down an ogre lord with him lol, just to do it. I keep pets for various reasons, some practical and some sentimental. I'm more inclined to roll a bug/bake or bug/mare combo than the gdrags every other tamer wannabe is running.
Ahh I see. Thanks for answering! :D I'm trying to give hunting with 5 hell cat predators a go after I GM their skills. (I have 1 cat left to GM!) I wish I had more stable room, but err... 14 IS an awful lot that I should be grateful for. I might just start another tamer char. ^_^

-Bunny

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rune beetle
Bake kitsune
3 cu sidhe (holding 1 for my wife, 1 is my "main" and the other is a lovely gray)
2 greater dragons
nightmare
dread war horse
a reptalon (this one is about to be set free)

A

Asahina Yajinden

out of 14 slots i currently have

greater dragon
rune beetle
reptalon
dread mare
9 hiryu's
poison
purple
ice blue
green
strong cyan x2 one w/ 108 wrestling and one 105 ish
bronze
agapite
blue and yellow? looks all blue to me but...

Z

Zodiac19

My main tamer has:

Greater Dragon
CU - plain
CU - White
Squirrel
Hiryu
3 Bakes
Rune beetle
Nightmare
2 Dread Mares
Blue Beetle
Swamp Dragon

T-Hunter
Greater Dragon
CU
2 Bakes
Nightmare

Week old Tamer
2 nightmares
2 Bakes
Horse

M

MoneyMaker

not a 100% sure. (since I am too lazy too log in tonight)

1 Plain Cu
1 Red Cu
1 Bake Kitsune
2 Rune Beetles
2 Greater dragons
1 White Wyrm
1 Dread War Horse
2 Nightmares
1 Blue Beetle
1 Ice Worm (Just to see if I could add more poison damage w/ rune beetle)
1 Fire Steed

Mainly, I use the Bake/Rune Beetle combo. I feel that, damage wise, they do alot faster take downs than a GD, but the GD does have its uses. It just depends on what I am hunting.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! :eek:

Ok, I only have ONE tamer haha. Why so many regular hued pets btw?
I'm not terribly fond of cu sidhe. Not sure why, since I do love dogs in "real life." Most of my tamer characters are also human. As a result, the majority of the cu sidhe they own were tamed by someone else, usually a guildmate who excels at taming them. He's also the person who has given me most of the hued cu sidhe. Unfortunately the poor things rarely leave the stable and really need training.

The hued hiryu .... well, I wish I had more of them. I like hiryus and I enjoy taming them. However, there just isn't enough time in the day to farm for the hued ones on every shard where I have a tamer. Maybe someday all my tamers will each have a nice hued one with good stats. In the meantime, the first hiryu(s) each tamer gets are the ones with the best stats and resist I can find.

A

Asahina Yajinden

I'd be glad to give you the strong cyan i have on origin w 105 wrestling if u want it.
it would free up another stable slot, and sounds like it would go to a good home.. look me up if interested.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 Hellcats - 2 Neon Red, 1 Neon Pink, 2 Normal Red
2 Kirin
1 Greater Dragon
1 Rune Beetle
1 Cu Sidhe
1 Nightmare
1 Dread Warhorse
1 White Wyrm

B

Belanos/Icicle

blood red imp
meat eating unicorn
sigil bunny
greater drag
red cu
purple hiryu
dread warhorse

O

Old Man of UO

How are the Hell Cats to hunt with in a pack? I remember some using frost spiders... is that still done? Seeing everyone using the same pets is getting boring.... this sounds like fun!

W

Whinemaker

Hi,

1 Greater Dragon (Brown)
1 Dragon (Red)
1 White Wyrm
2 Nightmares (both "pure black"; one's "pre-patched" from the old days)
2 Firesteeds
1 Dread War Horse (Wish they'd spawn again... want a replacement as his Cold Resist is crap)
1 Frenzied (Dark dark dark purple; Have had it since T2A came out, sentimental value)
1 Giant Beetle

Trying to add an Ice Blue Hiryu, an Ice Blue OR Black OR Blaze Cu-Sidhe (well ok maybe a bit too ambitious with the Blaze; also an extra Cu-Sidhe for adventuring if the coloured one has poor stats) and a Rune Beetle to the mix.

I'll probably swap the Giant Beetle for a Reptalon, a functional Hiryu or a Kirin if they don't increase the number of stable slots for tamers in the future.

P

PlayBoy. Inc.

How are the Hell Cats to hunt with in a pack? I remember some using frost spiders... is that still done? Seeing everyone using the same pets is getting boring.... this sounds like fun!
I really want to know the answer to this, too!! I haven't taken my own pack out to hunt yet. Mainly b/c I am still training them at the moment. :) Several others on my shard (Pacific) have started to train up neon hell cats, too, now, so hopefully I'll have some more input to share with everyone! :D

-Bunny

P

PlayBoy. Inc.

1 Frenzied (Dark dark dark purple; Have had it since T2A came out, sentimental value)
Would you mind posting a screenshot? It'd be cool to see it! :D

I'll probably swap the Giant Beetle for a Reptalon, a functional Hiryu or a Kirin if they don't increase the number of stable slots for tamers in the future.
Do NOT swap to take on a Reptalon. Reptalons are so... pointless. I think they take up 4 ownership slots, too! :(

-Bunny

P

PlayBoy. Inc.

LOL, Belanos/Icicle, I only noticed your signature with the reptalon AFTER I made my last reply to Whinemaker! (Sorrie >.o)

-Bunny

W

Whinemaker

Would you mind posting a screenshot? It'd be cool to see it! :D
Here, it should be the darkest shade of purple/blue available; really nothing special though, I think they still spawn.
Just for comparison the robe and crim are tokuno-dyed (I think), and the colour of the hat is probably just from the vet reward special dye tub.

Attachments

P

PlayBoy. Inc.

Here, it should be the darkest shade of purple/blue available; really nothing special though, I think they still spawn.
Just for comparison the robe and crim are tokuno-dyed (I think), and the colour of the hat is probably just from the vet reward special dye tub.
Ahh - Thanks so much for the screenshot! I use to LOVE that same dark, dark blue-ish/purple frenzy color, too! (Err I apparently have UO amnesia after a long day at work, but I totally remember what color hued frenzy you have! >.o)

Someone's going to flame me/call me out that I am being greedy for wanting this, but I wish I had more stable space! lol I decided to train up hell cats instead of a pack of frenzies to try and be a bit different these days. As for my problem with stable space, I've created a second tamer finally! (YAY!)

I've filled her stable up so far with the following pets:

1 greater dragon
1 pure white cu sidhu
1 bright green hiyru (from my original tamer's stable actually passed back to me from a friend)
1 reptalon (yes - you read this right. Also the original reptalon I had tamed with my original tamer when they were first introduced. Friend passed this back to me, too since it was cluttering up his stable. haha)

I'm still working up my second tamer's skills for more stable slots, so stay tuned... :)

-Bunny

M

MoneyMaker

Someone's going to flame me/call me out that I am being greedy for wanting this, but I wish I had more stable space!
-Bunny
I don't think that any of the old or new tamers are gonna call that greedy.
There is just so many possibilities and combos you can make, but never enough stable space for them.
There is no such thing as a every situtation pet, and besides who would want to play a pet like that anyways. :coco:
I just hope that the new SA will give us a bit more stable space.
If not, EA could make a nice little code to sell for additional stable slots *hint hint*. (but moderately affordable!!!) :D

LittleSkyWalker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
32 tamers.. that sound bit extreme.. we have total of OSI 26 shards... are you saying you have at least 1 tamer from each shard.. :) Or you have multiple uo account with multiple tamers across shards..?