• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So what has everyone been up to lately?

C

Cymidei Fier

Role-playing that I am not a role-player!
It's fun to think outside the box and get to know different kinds of people.
Doing crazy stuff in other games.
Repeating the never ending cycle of school, game and work.
Wondering how life is on Baja these days? Anything fun going on?
All the hot spots seem deserted these days.

Jixxa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there!!!! I don't think we ever really leave Baja I keep checking in now and again and sometimes even think of coming home... But for now I'm hanging out in Lord of the Rings...not bad at all for a free game. Always good to see you!

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's my absinthe-drinking nemesis!

Speaking from our side of the Baja family, we're doing well, just started script editing for our next play, which is... in a word... ambitious. Kita and Thorin are around, though our folks are a little spread out on different commitments but we try to get together Monday nights at the tavern in a semblance of regularity.

We've heard from some of the alumni. Leyf and Simon Pilgrim came in to say hello again for a bit, Pasque and Grey Holland are around here and there. Pasque even ran into Bub'Ger a couple months ago! Haven't heard from Ursula or Joshua in a while but something tells me they've both got an eye on us. Some new folks in our neighborhood--Fern always keeps things interesting and Skats the dog has been keeping us company lately.

That's the holiday card from Golden. Glad to hear you're trying new things--always good to push new limits. I've tried a few of the other things on the market right now and they either don't seem to interest me or are too buggy to be worth my time. Plus, I tend to be a sandbox player, so UO has a lot to offer.

Brytt

C

Cymidei Fier

Hey there!!!! I don't think we ever really leave Baja I keep checking in now and again and sometimes even think of coming home... But for now I'm hanging out in Lord of the Rings...not bad at all for a free game. Always good to see you!
Hey Jixxa! Always good to hear from you. I play LOTRO too sometimes. I have a level 50ish minstrel on Arkenstone.

C

Cymidei Fier

There's my absinthe-drinking nemesis!
There's a sign of a good barkeep he can always remember your favorite drink, even if it's been awhile! So you guys are around on Mondays? :thumbsup:

C

Cymidei Fier

Howdy Cym!

Been a while since we've heard from you!
Yep! Well as far as gaming, my year off from UO started off good. I was hanging out with a crew of true old school, trash talking UO/Eve-Online PKs and destroying other people's property in another game. These guys were really old school as in...they only play games in which you can make people "sad cry". Most fun I have had since, forever!

We were were an unbeatable team for a long time and crushed guilds three times our size and took down opponents 100:1. Then the Devs of that game made it unplayable for everyone except huge guilds, hard-core farmers & scripters so most of the Eve guys quit.

What the Devs did to us was the equivalent of releasing Trammel and AoS at the same time in UO terms. :cursing:

S

siyeng0

I have been banksitting at WBB for hours each day and skipping between hotspots (Golden, Dawn, Avalon) every half hour or so, waiting in vain for a roleplayer to come along.

No idea where the rest of you are getting all this RP, but you're sure keeping it well hidden.

Edit: oh there it is never mind

C

Cymidei Fier

I have been banksitting at WBB for hours each day and skipping between hotspots (Golden, Dawn, Avalon) every half hour or so, waiting in vain for a roleplayer to come along. No idea where the rest of you are getting all this RP, but you're sure keeping it well hidden.
Same here! Its hard to find anyone from the RP crowd.

I did get lucky and run into some old friends though, some are role-players and some aren't. Most of my friends who RP moved on to shards where the role-play community is more inviting and active.

I saw Wildstar and some Dawnies at the WBB. Ran into Mama Faith out fishing. Ran into the leader of Hearthfire Village. I think it's all luck and being on at the right time.

T

Town Guard Leithia

Are YOU THAT woman??? *glares*:sword:

My backside has finally healed so I can finally sit down without being in pain.:cursing:

I've gotten lazy and fat and my uniform no longer fits since we cleared out the red caps.

Hope you are well Cym.
Merry Christmas!

*salutes with the arm in a sling*

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering where you went. I'm glad to hear that life is going well and that you're OK. Many of us are still playing but with all the lands and things to do, we're scattered far and wide. It was good to hear from you and I hope to see you ingame.

C

Cymidei Fier

Are YOU THAT woman??? *glares*:sword:

My backside has finally healed so I can finally sit down without being in pain.:cursing:

I've gotten lazy and fat and my uniform no longer fits since we cleared out the red caps.

Hope you are well Cym.
Merry Christmas!

*salutes with the arm in a sling*
LOL! :p I should come chase you guys around to help you town guards work off your holiday sweets.

I decided to sell my luna vendor house and cut back; if you are interested in owning something nice inside the Luna walls one check out my post here: http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-baja-trade/231389-baja-selling-luna-vendor-house-inside-walls.html