So what does this say about support?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
B

blackash

lmao i was on the phone with them today and kelsey told me to page a gm.so i could get that page.. ohh well canceled acount going to buy pong so i get a game with better game mecanics.....

R

Remyi

Doesn't seem like they answer UO questions on their support site anymore. UOgamecodes.com refers you to the EA support page, if you wish to order in excess of 2 game codes in a one month span. I wanted to order a couple more soulstones from EA, rather than some random person, and after a week of waiting for a response I canceled the order.

C

Chrissay_

Would you be able to let me know the steps you used to get those results? I was able to go to http://support.ea.com and type in "Ultima Online" in the search box and it produced several pages of UO support.

Please keep in mind if you choose a platform other than PC and/or choose a specific game category you may not yield any results.

Chrissay

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2008
Great Lakes
lmao i was on the phone with them today and kelsey told me to page a gm.so i could get that page.. ohh well canceled acount going to buy pong so i get a game with better game mecanics.....

LMAO. THis is just funny. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2008
Great Lakes
Would you be able to let me know the steps you used to get those results? I was able to go to http://support.ea.com and type in "Ultima Online" in the search box and it produced several pages of UO support.

Please keep in mind if you choose a platform other than PC and/or choose a specific game category you may not yield any results.

Chrissay

Really they should just fire the GM's because they are worthless. Automate the canned response everytime someone pages so the people fix things themselves like theyre doing anyways.

I've yet to see GM's provide some sort of useful function. At least when it was Origin they'd show up.

R

RichDC

Chrissay
Confirmed...845 links to be precise

J

JocelynofSonoma

Ok here's my tale - I decided to open a third account - yes I'm nuts. I ordered the code through the UOStore. I received and email from EA congratulating me and welcoming me. That was nice.

I then proceeded to go to the new account area and gave my info - acct name, pw, billing info. When I tried to log in i got some message about 'suspended' or 'banned' (I don't remember the exact wording but those jumped out at me!.

I called support. First surprise was UO wasn't metioned by name - it was in "other" category. Didn't wait too long to get someone to help. As we were going over wht had happened - he asked me to "verify" my password. (bells, whistles and red flags all started up in my head) I asked if he actually expected me to give him my password. He said "mmmm well, it looks long and randomly generated - is that right?" I didn't say much at that point.

From there he "discovered" my billing info was missing. He then put all that in and said i was good to go. Excitedly I again tried to log on. Yep, got the same no-can-do message as the first time. I called support.

This time after rechecking all info --- -and never being asked to "verify" my pw btw --- i mentioned that as i was looking at the subscription page that Mondain's wasn't registered. He asked for my key. After I gave him that he asked, "Where did you get this key? This is an invalid key". hmm Where did I get my key? UOSTORE you *&^%$!!!! No I didn't say it that way but i was tempted. I merely said UOStore - he gave me a new key which I used. He stayed on the line while i logged in - it worked!

The entire process took approximately an hour and a half and 2 calls to support. I've played several games. I have NEVER taken longer than 5 minutes after setting up an account to log in. I've NEVER had to call support in another game to get an account set up. My main acct in UO is almost 5 yrs old. My 2nd acct is about 4 or so. When i set those up it went slick and clean.

What the heck is up? Seriously?.... :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends

Chrissay
Chrissay, same thing happened to me as the OP ~~ going to EA Games thru Google search, type 'ultima online' into any of the search boxes on the main page and you get the 'no results'

using firefox, don't think that matters, just thought I'd mention it

of course, it's an easy matter to select the 'online games' and work your way to what you need, but I can see the point of this .... should get a hit on typing 'ultima online' in *any* of the boxes on the main page

disappointing that on the 'online games' page there are two trailers for Warhammer, two for Battlefield, one for Scrabble ( ! ) and no pics or pretties for Ultima Online.... really, just put yer face out there.... would anyone even notice Paris Hilton if she didn't pose?