• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So what do you think about the update

T

tanls

Like the title says. EP mobs are giving over 50 exp a kill now. I was in 2 level sync'd partys and merited on my WHM during 1. The cost of Dynamis and Limbus is great, and I heard that relic stuff is dropping like mad. So far it seems to be an interesting update.

I was in a level sync'd party in Yhoater Jungle as a PLD, and got checked by a BST who popped question marks at me. Guess it looked funny to see a full AF PLD tanking a lvl 28 party. Was cool though, lol. I got 10k exp doing it.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in a level sync'd party in Yhoater Jungle as a PLD, and got checked by a BST who popped question marks at me. Guess it looked funny to see a full AF PLD tanking a lvl 28 party.
LOL, I guess so, if you were in your big kid gear.

I haven't messed with anything yet. We always spend that first night hunting for NMs. We cleared Gustav Tunnel of the Wyverns \o/

T

tanls

Hate camping NMs, but yeah, I was in my big kid gear, lol. I didn't bring all my macro gear though. Didn't know how it would respond. I figured that most of it would have been nerfed anyways, so no real reason to bring it. I was wearing my Sattva and Bomb Queen ring though. Only real bad thing about the deal was being a wiffing, limp hitting weenie again. I ate tanking food and it sucked. Had to borrow a sushi from the dd just so I could do some damage. Also had to get used to not having all my abilities/spells to keep hate. Still, was fun!

I do hope that in a future change, they will actually list what stats your gear gets nerfed down to. As it is, you have to guess right now. Plus all your best stats are gone. I missed Haste ;;

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, if we have time before the TT event tonight, we're gonna do our weekly trip to Monarch Linn. That'll be my first experience with nerfed big kid gear. It would be nice if it changed on the description similar to the way they showed the example. I'm rather surprised it doesn't. How are merited things in these cases, do you know yet? Like, I know I can't use Devotion, but is there still an increase in barspell potency, if you have merits in it? I may find out the answer before you reply, lol... I friggin love those barspell and cure cast time merits.

Oh and edit: It's not camping NMs. It's running to where they pop, seeing if they're there, and killing if so. heh I hate camping NMs too. But now I've lost ToD on Shikigami (sp) so I'm gonna have to :(

B

Bumbledogswirls

The update inturrupted my life for like three days, it was kinda annoying. OMG, just wondering, are the items in stores now only available to those who's levels are up to bar with the items? Becuase all the items I used to see arn't there, and spells that are above my levels are no longer available should I want to buy them early. o_O I switched to WHM for now, since BLM is a little hard to solo, especially in Windurst, in Caitsith. o_O Trish I know you are, but is anyone else in Caitsith?

T

tanls

Items are usually available depending on conquest placement. Did your country drop in the conquest ranking?

As far as BLM being hard to solo, you just have to know which mobs to go after. Ever since ToAU came out, BLM became relegated into a solo job for exp. What I would suggest is that you melee from level 1-10 at a minimum, your spells are not strong enough to take mobs down by themselves. Spells should be used to assist you in taking mobs down faster, but should not be relied upon exclusively. Also, soloing BLM is much more difficult with out /NIN.

You should be trying to party BLM as much as possible.

B

Bumbledogswirls

^^ Sometimes I wish there were actually people in Windurst. I need help getting the subjob. My WHM is at 19, my BLM is 14, and my MNK is 12. LOL. I'm gonna wait for ninja. LOL. I'm training MNK for the items to get the subjob. I have the bloody robe, and I still need the grass thing from bull Dhalmels, and the Mighty Rarab item. LOL. Which one should I go for? The dhalmel one, or trying to get the magicked skull from the goul things? :( Oh, and thanks for the bit on the status thing. You were right. It went up again. Windurst fluxed down for a while.

T

tanls

Your best bet is to try to get a party in Valk Dunes. You usually exp on the mobs that drop the SJ items. The quests are slightly different. If you need a skull from a Ghoul though, you'll want to get higher level help to get that done. Those mobs can be very difficult and even with a full dunes level party you won't want to try to take one on. So best advice is to get some help to finish your SJ quest. You'll be ready to party in Jeuno/Qufim in no time!