• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So what did your governor accomplish?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry Kyronix, but your system of "Governors can do things through the EM, which is far more flexible" turned out to be a total disaster just like I and many others predicted.

EMs simply do not have sufficient time to fulfill the requests and probably have their hands tied way too much by Mesanna. On Europa, none of the requests have been fulfilled and as you can see from this thread, many other shards are in the same situation, as I don't see any pics of anything useful that has been accomplished.

I propose you go back to the drawing board and build features for us governors that DO NOT RELY ON EM's OR MESANNA TO WORK.
I disagree with your assertion that it is a "total disaster" as evidenced by the fact that its working quite well on many shards where the Governors are actively engaging the citizenry, holding events, and adding dynamism to the every day lives of Britannia's citizenry.

I also disagree with your assertion that "none of the requests have been fulfilled" as some of the most asked for features, including the ballot box, message board, and Herald donation functionality were the result of requests for those features throughout the game.

This should have been made more clear at the onset, but becoming Governor is not merely about making requests for new buildings or being able to decorate the city. I've seen you post elsewhere that you wish to be able to place plots to decorate in the City, spawn mobs, or lock things down within a city. I'm sorry if this is not the answer you wish to hear, but honestly, those features are outside of the scope of what we felt comfortable with allowing players to do. A lot with that can go wrong very quickly and making the effort to put in checks to prevent malicious behavior quickly outweighs the benefit of granting that ability in the first place.

On a final note, congratulations to all those Governors-Elect throughout Britannia and look forward to the upcoming term! :)
To view the original post, please click here