• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So what colour are people using for the granite walls?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably way too early but curious about those playing around with the new masonry made walls. I really like some of the colours you can create with plant dye, or the natural granite colour, but it all seems very out of place when combined with the rest of the castle. And of course, looking at real castles they don't usually have a whole lot of variation in the stone work.

So what are the early thoughts...keep the castle the same colour throughout? Or are people finding nice ways to integrate some variation? I'm finding different colours just stick out and I haven't see any pics of people pulling it off in a nice way (except maybe with small areas, like a stairwell or something).

Thoughts?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm planning on using plain stone because mining up enough of the other stone will take FOREVER.

That being said, I have ideas for using colored granite - maybe for a bar or other ideas.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've been stockpiling stone for years and got tons for dying... just dunno how I wanna do it yet.
Most of my walls and such are made with the plain - to match the overall castle style. I might make a "secret room" of some sort of color or something - thinking about it actually. Just dunno - so many options. ^.^

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been stockpiling stone for years and got tons for dying... just dunno how I wanna do it yet.
Most of my walls and such are made with the plain - to match the overall castle style. I might make a "secret room" of some sort of color or something - thinking about it actually. Just dunno - so many options. ^.^
What server is this on? Can we visit?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm on Pacific, and yes, the castle is now open to the public.
Yew gate, Trammel, just a hop away to the north and east...

have a thread on it... [Custom Castle] Yew Community Center - Pacific
just haven't been online recently to do much. I still wanna get into the deco contest too! augh!

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
what do you use to dye the walls?? I created natural dye and that doesnt dye it.. tried tokuno pigments and nothing.. tried dye tubs of all kinds and nothing... im confused....

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what do you use to dye the walls?? I created natural dye and that doesnt dye it.. tried tokuno pigments and nothing.. tried dye tubs of all kinds and nothing... im confused....
You can only dye coloured granite (e.g. dull, shadow, bronze, etc) not plain granite.