• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] So Someone In UHall Says...

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

...that Fishing can be GM'd in 2 days. Would someone please explain to me exactly how? I'm at 76.2 after almost 3 weeks of spending 2-3 hours a day working the skill. I'd sure like to get this done before SA comes out.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just hit 70 tonight and I have to agree. 45-60 was among the worst gain periods I've experienced at that level (and I've done taming through that four times). Once I got over 60 it seemed to speed up significantly. But still, I think that person is talking out their you-know-what or uses "help".

O

Orn Autumnleaf

It could, I suppose but it'd take a fair bit of patience and a fair bit of time in those two days. I'm sure you'd be riddled with sore hands from pressing the same button though! By now you should be fishing along the server line. You can fish along it to the west of Yew so that you can have a continuous slow forward fishing.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm actually riding the server line east of Moonglow. I've never had a problem with my hands getting sore though, since I have a 30 cast macro set up on UOA. That's takes a fair few minutes to run completely. I just make sure to have a good book at hand.

S

Salya Sin

I think that GM in two days is called unattended macroing... I've never seen anyone willing to play 48hrs straight and GM anything. Perhaps I just lack the drive?

Although... those sites that sell 120'd skills can do it in 3 days. I can't figure out how they do it either... I know someone who bought poisoning to GM and the site did it in 2 days...

I'd love to know the secret... my tamer hates Unicorns... :)

O

Orn Autumnleaf

That's actually the same serverline, just that I had trouble with trees in the water on the otherside for some weird reason! Maybe that's just Catskills or a graphic error on my computer though. Weird nonetheless.

C

Connor_Graham

My secret to Taming was GGS gains + almost 7.0 full points worth of SoT's. I went from 113.something to 120 in seconds. :thumbsup:

And yes, the 60ish mil I paid for those SoT's was worth every single gold piece. This method also worked very well for Discord, and will probably finish out Fishing and Ninjitsu for me too. :D

C

Connor_Graham

That's actually the same serverline, just that I had trouble with trees in the water on the otherside for some weird reason! Maybe that's just Catskills or a graphic error on my computer though. Weird nonetheless.
You should try the west side of the server line. There's nothing blocking the path. You can see trees and other landscape that are on the next server over, but they don't affect you on that side.

S

Salya Sin

My secret to Taming was GGS gains + almost 7.0 full points worth of SoT's. I went from 113.something to 120 in seconds. :thumbsup:

And yes, the 60ish mil I paid for those SoT's was worth every single gold piece. This method also worked very well for Discord, and will probably finish out Fishing and Ninjitsu for me too. :D
LOL! Thats awesome! I sort of gave up hammering taming... and yeah... I get my pt everyday... unless I forget. :) I would sooo love to be able to afford taming SOT's. I did have a friend give me a .8 taming sot... I'm holding on to it. I take it out and look at it... stroke it... coo to it. I can't wait to use it to cap me out. :)

C

Connor_Graham

What is a SoT?
Scroll of Transcendence

It gives an automatic skill increase according to the qty shown. Scrolls obtained in Tram give a +.1-.5 total, while scrolls in Fel are +.6-1.0. When used (eaten), the skill increase is automatically applied to your total.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gained in champ spawns, I assume? And do they cover all skills?

C

Connor_Graham

Gained in champ spawns, I assume? And do they cover all skills?
I believe so, yes. I imagine the imbuing scrolls will worth probably 3x what a taming scroll currently goes for, at least for the first 6 months. That will certainly give high incentive to work champ spawns, whether in Ilsh or Fel. 120 Mysticism scrolls will also drop from Fel champs, and those are going to be near the price of Magery for a while due to the demand from PvP'rs and PvM'rs alike.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... I've never seen anyone willing to play 48hrs straight and GM anything.

I've done carpentry in 24 ;-) ... quite mind numbing after a while though ... and it was only in 4 or so hour runs, spread out over a day ...

but fishing ... took me forever ... although, none of my characters have ever gone shoeless or hungry because of it! heh

O

Orn Autumnleaf

It really wasn't so bad for me. It took probably two weeks an hour or two a night (sometimes three). I've done it all three possible ways to gain fishing. On Pacific I did 8x8 back in the day, a couple times on the Siege RoT system, and just recently on Catskills. My goal this time was not to get burnt out by the time I hit GM so I actually wanted to fish more. :)

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I'm in here, I have a couple of Q's...

I use UOA, and have a macro in there for fishing, but I can't seem to get "target relative location" to work for me, so have to stop-start my movement all the time. Is there a trick to this, or am I just borked? :O :p

And at what level do I start fishing up anything other than fish and boots (ie, Big Fish, monsters etc)? Be nice to know when I need to start being on my guard lol.

O

Orn Autumnleaf

I'm not too sure on the macro thing, as I do it the old fashion way. Last object, click the water.

As for when you can catch special items and monsters, at 80 skill you can catch serpents, white pearls, and nets (though I remember catching nets without serpents before 80 long ago but I think that's changed).

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow i sell my taming sots for 1m per full point lol !!! thought i was stealing hmmm

M

Mitzlplik_SP

...that Fishing can be GM'd in 2 days. Would someone please explain to me exactly how? I'm at 76.2 after almost 3 weeks of spending 2-3 hours a day working the skill. I'd sure like to get this done before SA comes out.
I don`t think I GM`d in 2 days but it wasn`t too much more than that. I use my second comp and second account to run a UOA Target Relative macro on my left so I can just listen for a serpent. Sure its macroing,but its not unattended. When they say they GM`d in 2 days I think they mean literally 48 hours and yes unattended for the most part.

Best I can do for advice is stay on a server line,or close to it (11 tiles I think?) to stay in shallow water until 80.Than move out to deep water.All ya can due is juts keep castin hour after hour. I watched a few movies and played on my main comp while I fished for the most part. Invising my main whenever I heard the sea serpent come up from the depths,hehe.

IMO you will induce carpal tunnel w/o macro`ing for fishing. I don`t condone unattended macroing but macroing IS part of UO.Anyone wants to say hi to me while I do it,you`ll always get a WHAT!! hehe well,more like Hello. :p

I think it was a real long road to 80,after that it wasn`t so bad since you start fishing up things of value now and than,helps break up the monotony.