• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So pirate hunting sucks, and Tanivar needs a new boat

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The arrows led me to a juicy merchant near the shore. I pinned it, and starting firing away. Even though I only had enough shot for one battle, I assumed I could restock from the merchants hold. Then I hovered over it, 0 items?!

Then I realized it wasn't a merchant. It was Tanivar. I guess he left his boat out.

After resupply from Ru, I sailed from Minoc to Jhelom. Then I circled Zento. After an hour on the water I only saw orcs with no pirates. And not a single actual merchant.

I think the boats and cannon are cool, but what a huge waste of time.

Sorry about your boat Tanivar.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure where all the merchants sailed to, only found pirates at my normal places. Saw one merchant ship and about twenty Orc ships last night.

After work tomorrow I'll see if I can find out where they got to and let you know.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get this man some glasses!
hehehehe
poor Tanivar!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You know, I just tried again, thinking it was bad luck. I spent 45 mins circumnavigating Tokuno, then sailed Minoc-Serps-Nujelm-Moonglow-Ice-Minoc.

I saw THREE ships total. All player owned. That is some straight up BS right there. High Seas can officially eat a bag of d..ks

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The arrows led me to a juicy merchant near the shore. I pinned it, and starting firing away. Even though I only had enough shot for one battle, I assumed I could restock from the merchants hold. Then I hovered over it, 0 items?!

Then I realized it wasn't a merchant. It was Tanivar. I guess he left his boat out. ...

... Sorry about your boat Tanivar.
Thought the entire crew was just in town partying at the tavern huh? :D

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the change in repairing ships! About 500 boards and 70 cloth to 100% repair in two permanent repair actions. :)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry again. Last night I actually tried again, why I don't know, and did not see a single boat from destard to jhelhom and then over to fire. I also tried zento, one player boat. ZERO npc boats of any kind.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merchant ships have gotten rare the last several months. Maybe we were enjoying them to much. *shrugs*

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My two cents worth: Sara Dale is very knowledgeable on the high seas. Maybe seek her council on where the roughians might be hiding!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My two cents worth: Sara Dale is very knowledgeable on the high seas. Maybe seek her council on where the roughians might be hiding!
* walks off the island shore lost in thought considering the idea ,,,*