• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So mad, just got hosed on my house

T

truth10k

Was trying to resize, have never done this before. From reading the stratics instructions on this site for resizing, I understood it would all go into a moving crate you could resize. Guess not. My goods dropped and did not see it and placed the new house and it wiped out all my goods. Vesper museum replicas, 100,000+ ingots, doom and mondain artifacts, thousands of gems, thousands of regs.

I am so pissed right now I ready to quit UO.

Just ranting. I have not been this mad in a long time. May have to take some time off with this. :cursing:

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the stuff stacked under the house sign. Stuff drops to the ground when you resize, the moving crate is only good for stuff that gets in the way of customizing a plot not resizing a plot. Well if you placed a new plot all the stuff should stack under the house sign. You'd have about 2 hours to get it back inside and locked down or secure. Hope this helps.

T

truth10k

Unfortunately, the plot landed right on top of the items, completely covering them. When I removed the new plot they were all gone, except for a stupid dye tub. They did land under where the sign was, just as I was placing the new plot and whoosh, they were all gone.

F

Flora Green

It sucks that that happened to you, but you should report it. That's a pretty nasty bug.

T

truth10k

So, you are saying I lost all of that to a bug. Crap, that sucks. I lost millions and millions of gold worth of items and resources. I will report it, I bet EA will help me get my stuff back, right?! :lol::bs:rolleyes:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you won't get your stuff back. The moving crate is just for when you customize, I really think they should change the name of that thing considering how often people think it means they can pack up their belongings and actually move.

It's weird everything poofed, it should have just all gone under the new house sign and stayed in that spot. Often when you use ctrl + shift to get item tags all of the stuff is piled on that one tile and can look like there's just one item there.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did it say on stratics that stuff would go in the moving crate when you resize? I got this from the FAQ:

You need to move everthing out of the house first. Move it to another house, bank box, beetles, boats, friends, etc. When you resize you home it is like an IDOC. Everything falls to the ground and is freely lootable.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Double checking the walk through instructions on Stratics, it says in several places that all your items will drop if you do not remove them.

NOTE: This is an actual "demolish" - if you have grandfathered houses, resizing your house will condemn them just like placing a new one would. Also, Items will behave just as though you demolished the house - they will drop to the ground and will be free for grabs by anyone passing by.

Empty your house completely. Saying "I wish to resize my house" while standing under the house sign demolishes your house as though you'd used that option from the house sign and items will behave just as they would if you demolished the house - they will drop to the ground.

The "I wish to resize my house" command will not work with items in your moving crate. You will receive the message "You cannot resize your house at this time. Please remove all items from the moving crate and try again".

Checklist

Just before you will attempt the upgrade, go through the following checklist:
  1. Is your house empty? Check for any add-ons
  2. Is the moving crate of your house empty?
You need to move everthing out of the house first. Move it to another house, bank box, beetles, boats, friends, etc. When you resize you home it is like an IDOC. Everything falls to the ground and is freely lootable.

I am sorry this happened to you though. I agree with Sarsmi they really do need to rename that moving crate.
What shard are you on? Maybe some of us could help you out?

T

truth10k

I did not see some of that info when looking. I was thinking it dropped into the moving crate, especially since there is no reasonable way of actually moving chests that weigh 14000 plus stones.

The biggest bummer is all special items lost, special deeds and such, replacing the regs and ingots, and some runic hammers, and a bunch of the old style potted trees and flowers. Oh well, kind of calmed down now.

I am on Atlantic. Seems my luck is staying true to form lately. It is only just a game, right?! Never should have bought Ultima 3 when I was 16 when it came out, hard to believe I been coming back to Ultima for about 25 years.

S

Sweety

That really stinks. I resized my house last month. I left some of my stuff in it when i demoed but it went all went under the sign when i replaced. Wonder if there is a new bug?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have much on Atlantic, I don't play there, but I have characters there still with soulstone fragment tokens and heritage tokens, you're welcome to them to help get back on your feet. Just PM me if you want em. :)

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, I feel your pain. I have played UO for 8 years, took a 2 year break. I have lost so much stuff over the years. My first episode was the move to AOS. I got a 18x18 right when the expansion launched and they open the doors. There was the chest bug and such and I lost all my vet rewards everything from someone walking in my house and stealing it.
It took me years, but I finally replaced everything and many old school rare items as well. Recently though,I lost it all again, both my houses and it wasn't that long ago. Even though I wasn't playing I kept paying the account, but I got behind and I lost everything again! My Zento house (The Inn of the Last Home) right by the moongate on LS. It had like 200k visitors. I just hated losing that house, the other house had all my rare items and just sentimental things I had collected over the years also on LS in Malas behind the orc camp, near the starry stuff right beside the mountain.

And here I am, back for more. Though, It absolutely kills me when I think about it. I guess it will be fun to start over. So, I definitely know how you feel. So sorry, it sucks.

T

truth10k

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and help offers. I got it going again, I had gold in the bank so got stuff to get going again. Mainly annoyed at the lost hours getting things, and the vet awards and such lost, not to mention the runic fletching kits and hammers, and nearly 19k ingots of verite!

I did have some stuff in the bank, so that helped. Funny thing is, I don't know what most of this stuff is worth, like the rubble items, I just pick it up and hold on to it, a bit of a pack rat, the whole reason I was resizing the house in the first place!!! :wall:

I did save the stuffy bear, though!

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Did you resize your new plot twice? I learned myself the hard way that its an easy way to remove items from an idoc that you dont want to stay in game.
First time it comes under house sign if you then dont accept and place a new spot one tile to the left most of the stuff under the old house sign will dissapear.

T

truth10k

Did you resize your new plot twice? I learned myself the hard way that its an easy way to remove items from an idoc that you dont want to stay in game.
First time it comes under house sign if you then dont accept and place a new spot one tile to the left most of the stuff under the old house sign will dissapear.
I think that is exactly what happened and not what I was expecting.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

A complete version here, always worth a read from time to time...

X

XLaCeDX

Was trying to resize, have never done this before. From reading the stratics instructions on this site for resizing, I understood it would all go into a moving crate you could resize. Guess not. My goods dropped and did not see it and placed the new house and it wiped out all my goods. Vesper museum replicas, 100,000+ ingots, doom and mondain artifacts, thousands of gems, thousands of regs.

I am so pissed right now I ready to quit UO.

Just ranting. I have not been this mad in a long time. May have to take some time off with this. :cursing:

Is it possible your stuff got sent to the cavern of the discarded or whatever it's called in the Stygian Abyss?

If everything went under the house sign, as it did before SA came out, it all stacked and yes maybe all was there for awhile underneath the dye tub you did see.

I don't have SA yet and have done no idocs lately and I do see trash at Luna bank, so it's just a guess that maybe discarded items that are left for X amount of time get sent to the cavern?

Just a thought.

J

JL from Europa

Just a note about the stacking items under the signpost, sometimes (when there's a lot of items) the stuff doesn't go under the signpost but ends up under the plot or under the floor of the plot. You can call a GM about that and they'll raise the items from under the floor. You can only see the items with transparancy circle turned on or using ctrl+shift to see all the labels, you can't see the items with larger plots because the circle of transparancy is too small (usually the items end up in the middle of the plot).

T

truth10k

Well, think I am back on my feet again. Camped three IDOCs yesterday, now I have more than I know what to do with. Someone hoarded very high end items and rares, and grabbed a million gold check. Then found a spot for a 17x18 house and placed that. Now, I just need more ingots. Going to have to put some of the things up for sale.