• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, if they announce SA as KR only this weekend

• Thread starter MoonglowMerchant
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

MoonglowMerchant

do you quit, switch to KR, or play SA in KR and use 2d for everything else?

R

RavenWinterHawk

No. I applaud.
As long as 2d is around for my vending...

I can play KR with new expansions.

Its time to move on. Its time for something anyway.

To much stagnation.

Time for EA to go or get of the pot.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Well saying at the last Town Hall just last month that this WILL NOT be the case , I think your post was a waste.
You have a quote that EA said at town hall that SA will not be KR only?

That is amazing since they haven't said anything at all about SA in at least 6 months.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play KR and 2Dweeb......I wouldn't quit because OF THAT, too childish, may as well hold our breaths too.

Post what you will, regardless of what others think, that's what it's here for.:scholar:

M

MoonglowMerchant

I play KR and 2Dweeb......I wouldn't quit because OF THAT, too childish, may as well hold our breaths too.

Post what you will, regardless of what others think, that's what it's here for.:scholar:
You think it would be childish to quit a game if you are forced to move to a client you don't like or that isn't functional?

I'd call it consumer choice.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd call it childish to quit the game for the release of an exapnsion that isn't required to play or enjoy the game for a game client you don't like for whatever reason.

I mean, you obviously didn't quit because of Third Dawn (since you're still here to complain). It's literally the same thing.

M

MoonglowMerchant

I'd call it childish to quit the game for the release of an exapnsion that isn't required to play or enjoy the game for a game client you don't like for whatever reason.
I could call it childish to play a video game or waste time posting on a board about a video game or have a little picture of an elf next to a made up name.

But you know what, I'm not going to because I'm trying not to insult anyone today.

:)

It was a question, not a complaint. Why don't you save the insults and answer the question?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could call it childish to play a video game or waste time posting on a board about a video game or have a little picture of an elf next to a made up name.

But you know what, I'm not going to because I'm trying not to insult anyone today.

:)

It was a question, not a complaint. Why don't you save the insults and answer the question?

Have I ever made a claim anywhere that I thought I WASN'T childish? I'm not quite THAT oblivious.

Also, I have no problem with others personal views.. I just make a point of speaking my mind rather than keeping quiet. Trust me when I say that if it's intended as an insult, it's generally far more obvious. And there's usually more swearing.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, careful 'fore I gets me ol' pappy in here ta cuss up a storm!

F

Flora Green

I would continue to play 2D and not worry about the expansion.

C

Ceridwen

I would continue to play 2D and not worry about the expansion.
Same here - I will not be forced to play a client I do not like. :) So I'll just keep on doing whatever I can/want to in 2D and wait for the same to happen as with Ilshenar. :)

G

Gwendar-SP

I have yet to find much in KR that would encourage me to play in it. I upgrade it, look, get sick, and go back to 2D. Course it might be a moot point with the last two rounds of bans.

E

Eslake

It could be next year (if ever) before we hear any more about SA.

But if they were to say now that SA will indeed require KR as they said before, and that it was coming out next month or something.. I suspect you wouldn't be able to post a topic in these forums and have it stay on the first page long enough to get a responce.

Because 10,000 users would be on here screaming about the need to fix 200 major flaws with the KR client and 1000 minor ones. :p And every other one of them would start a new thread rather than adding to existing ones.

I will not use KR as it is now, period. Even if you ignore the actual Bugs, the memory leaks, and misallocation of resources, there are gaping wholes where you simply cannot do things that you might do in 2D.

Just a quick&easy example, go try to do an exodus puzzle in KR.
There are probably 50+ things missing from the KR client like that.

A

Azazel of LA

You have a quote that EA said at town hall that SA will not be KR only?

That is amazing since they haven't said anything at all about SA in at least 6 months.
Well Im NOT going to dig through to find it , but I know it was said.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would personally be extremely upset if they diverted resources to something like SA, when there are countless bugs and game imbalances that need to be addressed first.

L

love2winalot

I have a darn good win vista PC. Yesterday, on 3 different shards i did a in game speed test between 2d an kr. Rode an ethy between the 2 caves in Ish. The one to twisted weald, and the harpy cave. I was between 5.2, and 5.8 seconds, "SLOWER" going between the 2 and back in KR than i am in 2d. I guess if SA ever actually comes out, and if it was KR Only as stated over a year ago, i could just move to the closes server, and rent an apartment next door.......hehe