• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So I tried the EC for a week straight....

• Thread starter Renyard Foxenwyle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
R

Renyard Foxenwyle

four weeks ago and haven't logged back into the classic client for anything other than organizing the vendor I dropped in order to get rid of some rares I had laying about. There are a few little problems with the EC that annoy me (you can not pick that up!) and some of the graphics are ugly as sin, but it runs so much better on my laptop than the classic client does, and it's less prone to crashing (this is under windows 7 64 bit) than the CC also. What primarily makes me happy is the functionality of the macro system. I can do almost all of what I used to do with UOA back in the day without having to buy a third party program.

Here's to hoping that we get new male paperdolls, decent art, and many bug fixes in the future. Hopefully EA/Mythic won't abandon this one like they did the Third Dawn and Kingdom Reborn clients.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Glad you like it!! I tell everyone that wants to try it to give it at least 2 or 3 weeks of continual play and then decide if you like it or not!

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad you like it. The macro system is a blessing in my book.

I only use the Classic Client for two things now.

1. Fishing. Due to UO Rudder.

2. Mining. I still prefer the 'stack ore on ground' function of UOA because I don't lose any ore due to my backpack being too full and me to slow in the head to notice it right away :)

I also enjoy boat mining so that takes us back to #1. UO Rudder.

Everything else is EC all of the time.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only use the CC to write in books (since EC books are beyond borked) and to place things in containers so they are organized fo people using that client. (the EC legacy container still has placement issues)

Other than that, EC all the way.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Welcome to the Dark Side™.

The above always seems to be the case when someone takes the time to try out the new client for themselves instead of simply saying "I don;t like it" in the first 3 minutes, shutting it off, then spouting completely made up claims about the client on the boards.

It still has a ways to go (even IMO to get back to where KR was in many areas), but it's pretty solid as it is right now.

Let's see...

Metalstorm:

1. Fishing: I haven't used EC for fishing yet because of the loss of the Atlas functions that KR had (notably the customizeable pins and ingame particle effects) that made plotting SOSs very nice and easy.

2. Mining: I LOVE the EC for mining... especially with a fire beetle and my mine-and-smelt-all-in-one macro (no going overweight and losing digs unless you're carrying a few thousand ingots)

And as an aside... I've never understood boat mining... I've always failed to see what made it so popular, unless there are veins that have about 10x the amount of ore as land veins which makes no sense to me. Seems like it would be a LOT slower of a process having to move the boat around all the time.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dermott of LS,

I can't really explain boat mining except that before random ore placement there were some really good veins along the long stretch of rock above Minoc.

You needed a boat to get it and could spend many hours without too much worry over the occasional pirate that might come along. (this was on Fel).

I totally forgot that I have a fire beetle! A really nice & generous tamer tamed me one when my fledgling tamer (legendary now) was too weak willed to handle the chore himself.

It's time to setup a hotbar with ore linked to the beetle :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You create one.

I can post the exact coding if you want, you'd just have to copy and paste it into the character XML file that would be using it (and probably reset the stored target to your fire beetle).

Basically, it uses all 4 types of shovels/picks (sturdy (x2) and garg picks (both directions) 3 times (with a small delay inbetween to make them work correctly), then attempts to smelt every ore size and color with the firebeetle as the stored target.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
four weeks ago and haven't logged back into the classic client for anything other than organizing the vendor I dropped in order to get rid of some rares I had laying about.
You can switch back to classic bags in the EC by going to User Settings > Legacy for the odd time you need to sort vendors etc; best of all it only applies to bags as they are opened, so you can transfer from an EC backpack/bag into a Classic Vendor Bag.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
One main thing that's keeping me from using the EC is that I can't manage to create a macro that will:

1. Dismount
2. Command pet, "all kill"

Every time I try to make this macro, my character successfully dismounts and says "All Kill," but I do not have a target cursor to target an enemy.

O

Old Man of UO

One main thing that's keeping me from using the EC is that I can't manage to create a macro that will:

1. Dismount

Every time I try to make this macro, my character successfully dismounts and says "All Kill," but I do not have a target cursor to target an enemy.
That is a known bug that is being looked at, and got a Developer response to the complaint. The Dismount command script stops all other commands from running.

O

Old Man of UO

You can switch back to classic bags in the EC by going to User Settings > Legacy for the odd time you need to sort vendors etc; best of all it only applies to bags as they are opened, so you can transfer from an EC backpack/bag into a Classic Vendor Bag.
Better yet, set up a macro command script to switch between CC bags and EC grid view:

script SystemData.Settings.Interface.LegacyContainers = not SystemData.Settings.Interface.LegacyContainers
script UserSettingsChanged()

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

1. Dismount

That is a known bug that is being looked at, and got a Developer response to the complaint. The Dismount command script stops all other commands from running.
Gotcha.