• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] So i made a mystic bard...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made a maxed out luck suit and took it to Wrong dungeon and provoed a bunch of stuff on each other, killed a lot but it felt like i was missing something, like my sampire could of just did what i need in a 1/5th of the time.

What do you guys use your bards for in the new revamped dungeons? I even went down to shame and provoed the two high hp mages on each other and then one on one of the uev's, it took forever and the loot was on par with everything else i've seen (junk) despite my maxed luck suit.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strangely enough I find my best loot on Level 2 between the clay golems and the mud elementals.
Occasionally I go down to level 5 and do wind elementals and UeVs. I find that in either case I get alot of junk, but with the mud elementals I get a WHOLE lot of junk that I dont even consider picking up and the really rare 1-3 property max/over capped item. With the harder critters I find I get a larger amount of junk and a few pretty powerful items with alot of properties, but usually not the right ones, or there is some weird combination that just don't go together.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Strangely enough I find my best loot on Level 2 between the clay golems and the mud elementals.
Occasionally I go down to level 5 and do wind elementals and UeVs. I find that in either case I get alot of junk, but with the mud elementals I get a WHOLE lot of junk that I dont even consider picking up and the really rare 1-3 property max/over capped item. With the harder critters I find I get a larger amount of junk and a few pretty powerful items with alot of properties, but usually not the right ones, or there is some weird combination that just don't go together.
Weird properties that don't go together? whatever could you mean?!!?

*cough* (dmginc... sdi...) or maybe it will drop a cool 2% enhance pots tunic! yea!... it just seems like ep was supposed to be 5-10-15 not 1-2-3... lol

As a former worker, do you have any more real insight on how luck works? like the real formula? lol

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm as in the dark as anyone else. Phoenix is the best to ask about that.

Retlaw of Vesper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am working on a mystic/bard that can clean through mob faster than my ABC archer did. So far its Discord, RC, repeat. I haven't gone to the new dungeons yet but had hoped to be pretty powerful once skills are maxed. :(

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thats exactly what i am/was doing. id go into an area, provo some stuff onto each other, disco one, RC it, disco the next, rc it, rinse repeat.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An elemental slayer instrument should work nicely for the UEVs. Should be dealing about 40 damage/tick with despair before Discord(@2x 120) In addition to whatever your RC does. Having either of the discord spell songs on a target will increase the damage you are dealing to them in addition to lowering the damage they are putting out. Despair drops strength, and Tribulation drops hit chance.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Spellweaving included? A provo/discorder (that mained in discord masteries) with an RC and spamming Word of Death would not be out damaged by much imo...i could see an issue with mana possibly?

Last edited:

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellweaving included? A provo/discorder (that mained in discord masteries) with an RC and spamming Word of Death would not be out damaged by much imo...i could see an issue with mana possibly?
Would be nice to have SW also, so if I try to think about it :

Music 120 (could be 110 plus spell woven song)
Provo 120 real for masteries
disco 120 real for masteries
Mysticism 120
Focus 120
SW 120

With Items you could add 40 to maybe 80 med i would say.

You need on your suit :
100% LRC
40%LMC
as much MR as possible (16 to 18 I think)
as much SDI as possible
70/70/70/70/70(or 75 if elf)
FC/FCR

With all that can you still have much Luck on your suit ? And would the mana regen be enough for mystic+ SW+masteries ?

I'm not quite sure but I know that my mage with 120 focus/med 40%LMC and some MR can be out of mana just by casting chain lightning in shame lvl 1 to kill some earth and mud elem, so I'm afraid the answer is no :/

So I don't know, maybe with pots to refresh mana ?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If the character is human, you could try to use a wraith form scroll to get into wraith form and regain some mana back from the despair damage and WoD damage.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it may work, would have to test it, but then you would be better off drinking pots I guess, seems a more reliable way to get mana back.
Though I guess scrolls are lighter than pots so it has to be considered also :)

Anyway for me I wouldn't go any of those routes. I hate being dependent on items I can loose or run out of at any moment.
I created my first mage when LRC was invented and if I could do without bandies on my warrior I would in a heartbeat :p
But that's my personal preference, I'm not saying it's not a good way to play !