• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So I attended an event on Atlantic....

L

Lord_Deimos

The message was clear on where the event was going to be held....We all gathered at the counselors hall in Serpents Hold. Lanterns around the land + the EM website + proper announcements made it so a lot of people knew.

The event was held promptly at 6pm EST Saturday night. The event took us to a cave where pirates were held up eventually leading to a battle with Pirate Shadowlords. The various pirates dropped "Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum", and the shadowlords had Cloaks of Silence as loot. After the event the EM as "Lady Dawn" took us back to the EM office (which if you guys haven't seen, the Atlantic version looks FAR superior). The EM later showed up letting us know what dropped at the event, and to keep our eyes out for future events.

So why cant Chessy be like this?? The scrolls in yew are the first ive seen advertising this "Battle Royale". And they plan to hold it on a SUNDAY at 11pm est?! Are they for real?

A: Personally I work on sundays but theres nothing they can do about that
B: Sunday at 11pm est is kind of weird especially since alot of people started school again
C: Parents of Children also now have to start being up early becuase of school so again....the choice of 11pm est on SUNDAY seems odd.

Most other shards are getting events that

1: Are on Fridays and Saturdays when MOST people are off
2: Are held at reasonable hours 6pm-9pm ... Not 11pm or 3am trivia contests
3: Events where there is an actual reward

The Atlantic event was packed...But it was tons of fun. Everyone was Civil (I was VERY surprised), the EM repeated everything to make sure people heard, the event was fun, the story was easy to follow,and the EM was very pleasant to talk to. I think I will be attending more Atlantic events than chessy from now on...Which frankly...Makes me a little upset.

Just thought some people would like to read someones opinion on the events on other shards....

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So why cant Chessy be like this?? The scrolls in yew are the first ive seen advertising this "Battle Royale". And they plan to hold it on a SUNDAY at 11pm est?! Are they for real?
Last time I checked this is your guilds prime time? Ok MAYBE after midnight. My badd. :thumbsup:

Or are you upset it said no dragons? :bored:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS: Everytime the 2 members of my guild (Monty & Myself) get on chessy at 3AM to see whats going on after pvping on other shards; your guild has at least 6-10 people chasing us around; you included. So it sounds like your time zone perfectly (If you still work til 11pm at night). :thumbsup:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to derail your thread; but while 4 of us just dropped 8 of YOUR members [FOA]; their fearless GM was posting on stratics. Hooray! :danceb:

L

Lord_Deimos

Sorry to derail your thread; but while 4 of us just dropped 8 of YOUR members [FOA]; their fearless GM was posting on stratics. Hooray! :danceb:
Wrong again Loxxie, I was there *winks*

And you admit derailing the thread, your post should have been in the pvp thread. =]

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was definitely at yew gate, and yes I admit I did die.

Its not my fault you don't know my characters.
Well in that case; hi bubbles v2. I'm sorry I dont know all your chars; you buy to many accounts && I play on more than Chesapeake. Spend some of the money on transferring the chars to a shard that has pvp. :thumbsup:

PS: Jen Says Hi! :dunce:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well in that case; hi bubbles v2. I'm sorry I dont know all your chars; you buy to many accounts && I play on more than Chesapeake. Spend some of the money on transferring the chars to a shard that has pvp. :thumbsup:

PS: Jen Says Hi! :dunce:
What does my accounts have to do with it? My character is on my main account, and I already play on Atlantic thanks Loxxie.

PS: Sami Says Hi! :dunce:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does my accounts have to do with it? My character is on my main account, and I already play on Atlantic thanks Loxxie.

PS: Sami Says Hi! :dunce:
I should of guessed you would of went to the only east coast shard we aren't on and "claim" to be pvping there lol. And that would of been a mediocre comeback; if you used her real name. Fail. :bored:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't use peoples real names unless I have their Ok first =] But im sure anyone who knows her already knows it.

Now now Loxxie, how about you stop derailing my thread?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
friday and saturday nights are good for events? so everyone younger than 30 can't play then right? It's pretty insane to find people available for anything friday night beyond after work relaxation at the bar.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LMAO promanthia.. That pic proves what exactly? U can say all kill with uber leetness! All kill NO skill.....

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Atlantic's EMs are awesome and they seem to have a good working relationship with the GMs. The first time Atl. EMs handed out cloaks of silence, it was a nightmare - surprise, surprise.

Second time, they came with a GM. They had us form a line and whoever got rowdy, the GM ported them to the back of the line.

Ever since the second cloaks of shadows give-away, EM events have been refreshingly mellow.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LMAO promanthia.. That pic proves what exactly? U can say all kill with uber leetness! All kill NO skill.....
His pic isn't even true lol. I have 3 Lox's and all 3 have neon hair. So basically he killed a noob char and put my name above it's head. He wishes he could kill me; even with a dog rofl.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought the Sig I made was pretty obvious it wasnt a real in game action....lol was something I made for the sig duh

N

Nastia Cross

I thought the Sig I made was pretty obvious it wasnt a real in game action....lol was something I made for the sig duh
So you put it in your sig cause you know you can never actually do it in game, is that it?

T

Tay M'real

Yeah - ever since we got our new GMs, the events have been great...no stupid cheese races and stuff like that...it's been a mix of adventure (fighting) and just the other day we had a fishing contest that yielded some nice items....

Nestor and Eris (sp?) have been amazing and very much available to the players..

I think it's funny that people apply to be EMs and when they aren't around they tell everyone how busy they are. If you're too busy - then that's good, do what you have to do - but realize that your volunteering is making a commitment to hundreds (possibly thousands) of people...you're not going to volunteer at the soup kitchen and not show-up leaving a line of hungry people, right?

If they can't meet the times - they should go ahead and step down - I for one wouldn't blame them. I have children, I know life is busy (which is why I didn't apply for an EM position).

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
So you put it in your sig cause you know you can never actually do it in game, is that it?
I'm going to put it on my sig because I can do it. I will pull his power plug
out on his computer then kill him.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More like he doesnt play mages anymore on chessy, just Havoc *winks*

Dont worry Nas, Im sure I could make one of your dead body! Thats not hard to do at all!

N

Nastia Cross

Yeah, just have Bambaclatt throw another conflag at me while I'm a fresh res at the battle royale.. not hard at all!!

S

Satejrat

The message was clear on where the event was going to be held....We all gathered at the counselors hall in Serpents Hold. Lanterns around the land + the EM website + proper announcements made it so a lot of people knew.

The event was held promptly at 6pm EST Saturday night. The event took us to a cave where pirates were held up eventually leading to a battle with Pirate Shadowlords. The various pirates dropped "Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum", and the shadowlords had Cloaks of Silence as loot. After the event the EM as "Lady Dawn" took us back to the EM office (which if you guys haven't seen, the Atlantic version looks FAR superior). The EM later showed up letting us know what dropped at the event, and to keep our eyes out for future events.

A: Personally I work on sundays but theres nothing they can do about that
B: Sunday at 11pm est is kind of weird especially since alot of people started school again
C: Parents of Children also now have to start being up early becuase of school so again....the choice of 11pm est on SUNDAY seems odd.

Most other shards are getting events that

1: Are on Fridays and Saturdays when MOST people are off
3: Events where there is an actual reward

The Atlantic event was packed...But it was tons of fun. Everyone was Civil (I was VERY surprised), the EM repeated everything to make sure people heard, the event was fun, the story was easy to follow,and the EM was very pleasant to talk to. I think I will be attending more Atlantic events than chessy from now on...Which frankly...Makes me a little upset.

Just thought some people would like to read someones opinion on the events on other shards....

I have seen more events done by EMVladimere and EMDudley in the last 6 months then I have seen in about 8 years.

Just because they are not around when you are does not mean that their is none

Since you will attend more events on Atlantic why dont you buy a token and transfer your chars there then you wont have to worry about the Chessy shard

*Waves Bye* to the :loser:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you will attend more events on Atlantic why dont you buy a token and transfer your chars there
How else would I have attended the event on Atlantic? I have characters on both shards.

BTW Atlantic actually UPDATES their event website...its so nice

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More like he doesnt play mages anymore on chessy, just Havoc *winks*

Dont worry Nas, Im sure I could make one of your dead body! Thats not hard to do at all!
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. LISTEN MR TAMER. I KNOW YOU DID NOT JUST CALL ME OUT WHEN YOU PLAY A BUSHIDO TAMER 95% OF THE TIME, A DRAGON TAMER 3% OF THE TIME, AN ARCHER 1% OF THE TIME, AND A MAGE 1% OF THE TIME. LOL!!

Please play on more than chesapeake before you even attempt to judge my playstyle at all. "CLAIM" you play on ATL all the time and stuff, thats fine. What do you play there? Ohhh.... I didn't think so...

SO AGAIN, for the 4th thread now, 1v1 me? K Thx. :danceb:

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Atlantic EM site went stale for a while. Then the EM's switched. It's all good now.

But I was at the pirate cave and I was told it's over by Dawn, got ported out and then I felt flat. I wish I knew that they were having a chat afterwards. I didn't even see any special drops and didn't understand the whole story. Oh well, next time.

R

RichDC

I like hearing other people getting on well with there EM's.

Great lakes has been lucky and has had great EM's all the way through...although, things recently havbe seemed to slow down a tad.

Also, i have noticed that majority of GL events are story/role play orientated. I have no problem with the roleplay element but have heard from a few shards that they recieve items for these events. Now again i dont mind as such, it would be nice to be fairly even is all. It appears the rule on no items has been lifted so shouldnt all shards be handing out rum like rewards?

Another problem for me personally and has nothing to do with the great EM team who do a fantastic job! Is time zones, stupidly i play ona shard 6 hours behind me! so even 10pm on a friday/saturday is 4am saturday/sunday!

Final note..

Great Lakes EM's ROCK!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IDK why everyone is bagging on the chessy ems? I get on the shard like 2-3 times a week, and usualy see an event thing locked down in Luna, or at Yew gate, or see Vlad just chilling at the bank. And this is coming from a PVPer who is hardly on the shard. I thought that was good? :bored: