• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So golem training is going away...

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the old golems still 99%? Like you got pre-patched golems that had 100% still?

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
It may be bitter advice but if somebody doesn't like the direction the game is going; or the game, just vote with your wallet. Somebody will come around.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the old golems still 99%? Like you got pre-patched golems that had 100% still?
All golems whether new, or old, will have their poison resist reset to a random number between 80 and 90.

Last edited:

Njjj

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which bug was this intended to fix?

People have asked for this change. Whether it's a bug is semantics.

Seems to me they did a pretty good job by making it still possible for those at their keyboards and more difficult for those afk.

Can we just drop it now instead of shifting the ranting to communication?

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Seems to me they did a pretty good job by making it still possible for those at their keyboards and more difficult for those afk.

That's amazing because after I read your comment I decided to search here for golem to see these threads and the people begging for this fix. Guess how many threads I found in the ten pages golem came up on(not postings but threads)....not a single one.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What people? Why have they asked for this change? Please sight your examples.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's amazing because after I read your comment I decided to search here for golem to see these threads and the people begging for this fix. Guess how many threads I found in the ten pages golem came up on(not postings but threads)....not a single one.
What people? Why have they asked for this change? Please sight your examples.
There are other ways to communicate with UO other than UOStratics.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you ever have any real substance to your postings or is trolling the only way you feel that your contributions add value?
LOL and here we all thought you knew everything there was to know about UO. Did you even bother to go to TC befor you came on here with your whinning?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes Sable infact one of my guys back then was one of the characters who did it.... lets just say the air was royal blue that day.

Picus sweetheart. Petra made a good point and as one who use to keep track of things in game in my bare toes and blue robe... one of the things we looked for was the nonverbal workings of someone like discribed.... The coffee is french roast, and the fact that the complaints of a Dev fixing what in their book is now not ot be done is moot. You might be sitting there talking to guildmates but on many shards that is not the case... not everyone is you my dear one. I cant tell you how many are off doing other things in their RL homes with a book resting on the space bar, we all know its being done.
The object of skills gaining originaly was the exploring and hunting in the game.
The Golems were a nice way to gain but it is now off the list. I am quite sure Mesanna and the Dev team thought it over before adding it to the repair list. I am not being mean to you or anyone, but understand once a mind is made up 99% of the time it stays made. I think they want us to go back to the old way and do it through the normal game play.
I understand this was an easy way, controled and at your pace. I also see the bad end of it... your not out there in one of their revamped training centers (dungeons).

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to burst anyone bubble here but Picus and Merus are right. Nothing of recent that can be found.

Oh there have been complaints but you would have to go back a 2 to 3 years ago on posts like that.

Anyway a dev has addressed this issue already. So it can still be done just has to do somework with it. I used to cast that healing SW spell on a golem and it healed it and used one of my other account to fix it sometimes on my tinker.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes Sable infact one of my guys back then was one of the characters who did it.... lets just say the air was royal blue that day.

Picus sweetheart. Petra made a good point and as one who use to keep track of things in game in my bare toes and blue robe... one of the things we looked for was the nonverbal workings of someone like discribed.... The coffee is french roast, and the fact that the complaints of a Dev fixing what in their book is now not ot be done is moot. You might be sitting there talking to guildmates but on many shards that is not the case... not everyone is you my dear one. I cant tell you how many are off doing other things in their RL homes with a book resting on the space bar, we all know its being done.
The object of skills gaining originaly was the exploring and hunting in the game.
The Golems were a nice way to gain but it is now off the list. I am quite sure Mesanna and the Dev team thought it over before adding it to the repair list. I am not being mean to you or anyone, but understand once a mind is made up 99% of the time it stays made. I think they want us to go back to the old way and do it through the normal game play.
I understand this was an easy way, controled and at your pace. I also see the bad end of it... your not out there in one of their revamped training centers (dungeons).

You have a very short memory. Ever since i started playing UO waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1998 everyone has took the fastest easiest way to train skills. Even way back to the bone wall, where many people stood AFK training

Me thinks you have a selective memory.

Golem training is not now off the list, they just require more healing, which with a well placed macro or script still makes it a viable way to train melee skills

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please don't generalise. 'Everyone' didn't do these things. Some people have always trained through normal game play. Some people always will. They consider training to be a part of the game, not something to be gotten through as quickly as possible.

For me, for example, training means working out which are the best mobs to fight at the level I'm currently at, then go fight them, rotating them out as I get bored with that particular mob and where possible also gathering resources for later or for other characters. Currently my bard can gain skill in Shame, bringing home items to unravel into fragments, in Exodus dungeon, gathering keys to share with friends for the encounter, or doing mini-champs - especially the ones with lava elementals and fire daemons spawning, gathering essences - mostly order.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are just being pedantic for the sake of being pedantic. It human nature to take the easiest and fastest route, just like a river winding to the sea. If you don't fall into that category then you are one of the few who like to make life harder than it needs to be. But please do go making us have a hard life just because you enjoy it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm objecting to the assumption that 'everyone' does things the same way. Please do not generalise. Maybe it's me but I hate it when people speak for me, lumping me in with 'everyone' when what ever I'm being told 'everyone' does is something that I don't do.

I don't consider I do things the 'hard' way, I prefer to think of it as the 'intended' way, and for me, the enjoyable way.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same for me. I dont train anyting just for the training. I want someting useful to be gathered while im doing it. Hide,s bones, Exodus keys(detect hidden) loot for unravelling.. But if I were nothing but a PvPer.. maybe I would think different. New players I think miss lots of fun and experience if they use golems.. Alternatives are a great thing about UO. We are all different.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No your wrong! I can say everyone, cause everyone I played with wanted to max there characters as fast and as easily as they could. You can nit pick over any word I type as much as you like and try and make an argument over it. When I say Everyone its in a context that im talking about, which may not include you. You may not like the idea that im talking about things in my context but that’s human nature again for you isn't it. So please don't got taking single words out of context and try and argue over them when im talking about things that are relative in my world.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same for me. I dont train anyting just for the training. I want someting useful to be gathered while im doing it. Hide,s bones, Exodus keys(detect hidden) loot for unravelling.. But if I were nothing but a PvPer.. maybe I would think different. New players I think miss lots of fun and experience if they use golems.. Alternatives are a great thing about UO. We are all different.
I teach all new players to kill monsters at there level of skill. Not for the sake of training the hard way, but a new character/player needs to learn how to use each skill and what works and what doesnt.

After 13 years i already know what special does what and what spell to use on each creature. I dont need nor do want to whack lizard men all day long.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i was thinking about this and i think they changed it to cut down on the GM's work load. I was golem bashing a few months back and in a the space of 3 days training, i had 3 difrent GM's turn up and tell me how nice the weapon i was using looked.

So no more golem bashing = no more GM calls about AFK macroing at luna
Sounds like a winner (I mean, this post is my favorite, and the most plausible).

I wanted to read this whole thread but stopped after a page. My thought is get over it. Should I still be crying about the Bone Knight Wall? The RC Ankh? The way to train skills has changed multiple times over the course of the game. Trust me, we'll find another "exploit" (100% fire golems, etc.). I'm not crying about the blade spirit exploit that got me GM parry in a few hours back in 2002 or so, or the day meditation was bugged and I GM'd med on all my mages within an hour. This game was easy then and it's easy now.

To the guy who said training skills really takes 3 days rather than 45, yeah. Have the power gamers died? Most skills in UO aren't too hard to max out, you just have to have the right suit. And it's easy. You can get armor pieces with like HPR 9 now. It's kind of ridic. Plus self repair weapons.

I don't understand how people think--or why people think--UO is, at any time, getting harder. They keep adding easier ways to suit up and more options to train. Put on HPR/self repair--or go into dog/cat form--and it's just as safe as golem training.

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My goto for weapon skills/$$$:

0-60 New/Old Haven
60-80 Lizardmen (Tokuno Champ)
80-120 Shame LVL 1
$$$ Citadel Ninjas trap (right side, 2 ninjas. req. sarakki/brit quest)

once you can cure poison go to the Tomb of Kings for $$$

Last edited:

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look up ^
:D
I agree !! To the whiners who didnt like my post. You are lazy bones! So what you loose the golem... big deal. Learn what the majority of us know... its more fun to do it the natural way. So get a life and learn to be your character's skill base.
It dont take rocket science to train a skill... with a good set of jewelry and a good idea of what to go hunt you and a friend can go have a hell of a time wacking a bunch of trolls.
Or what ever will help you gain.
Beleave me alot of people do it the natural way.
Don't sit there and tell people to get a life because we train differently than you do. Our golem training in no way interrupted your gameplay. For some of us, this training technique was the best for our gameplay. Who are you or anyone else to dictate how we play our game or raise our skill? We pay the same subscription fee as you do. I for one use the golem training to squeeze in some gametime while the kids are having free time. This fit my Life better than working the skill the slower, "natural" way. They need to just leave the golems alone and let people play how they WANT, not how people think they NEED to play. And no, I never AFK'd the golem. I'm always there 100% of the time my character is actively hitting on it, as are most of the others using this technique.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Winker
I was there and no I do not have a selective memory... that bone wall was well visited by myself and alot of other players . It was one of many places used to socialize.. not to mention alot of Counselors and GM's to catch the sleeping ... I agree with you on that each of us plays our own way. I like Petra do my own thing when I raise a character, but you will never catch me away from the keyboard when doing it. Oh I do agree alot of players today do take the easy route with the golem. But thats out of habit for the years we have been given the oppertunity to do so. I made a pretty penny on selling golem kits and GM made one's over the years. So yea I do understand. Its gone now so go find your new way and stop pancakes at the rest of us who understand the why and so forth.
Theophania
It is not our intention to down play your way of doing things ..rather its just we know there are different ways to do it now that the golems are gone for this use. Old methods that worked and now the new aditional ways provided by the game. We were just offering you the different ways you now have to change over to. The Dev are not going to change their minds to give you back the Golems. They want you in their dungeons and out there in game using the spawns to get your gains. Period. Many players sat at a golem and followed the rules and did their training on them ... thats a given. Its gone.
Petra do you remember the lich invasion of trinsic? We on many shards wiped them out beat them and kept the city clean but had the Dev declair that the city fell on every shard.
They did it many times when the players won and the Dev said we lost. They had a game plan and followed it no matter how many of us yelled and had temper tantrums. Dev have said this is the end of golem training.
The dev are not asking you for your input on IF they do this, they told you its gone. Learn to live with it and move on.
I'm Felucian, my chars are born there and live that lifestyle. This means we train and gain with in more ways then one. I dont just hunt, I gather. Petra and I train and use that time to gather things we will use or need or sell in our shops. We are not alone in this. All we offer you is info to replace what is lost to you with a way to do it now. Many above gave excelent ways to do so.
:eyes:
I dont know what now the Golem will be for... perhaps what it originally was made to do. We shall see.

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I personally would like to see the Devs. fix the throwing training spot. People AFK there all the time and are able to skill up to 120 throwing, 100anat, 100 tact with no effort at all.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Storm,

You are right, the Devs didn't ask... perhaps that is the problem.

I doubt UO ever suffered a subscription lose because a player saw someone whacking a golem. But I am certain UO has lost subs because people get tired of the grind. Removing the ability to whack a golem to gain skill has no positive impact on the health of our game. IMO it is a very short sighted change to suit someone's pet peeve, someone who works on this game but probably hasn't really played the game in over 10 years.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally would like to see the Devs. fix the throwing training spot. People AFK there all the time and are able to skill up to 120 throwing, 100anat, 100 tact with no effort at all.
While I agree people shouldn't afk train, if someone is attended using that spot to train how does it harm your gameplay at all? It's hard for you to watch? They stealing your kills? What is it?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Winker
I was there and no I do not have a selective memory... that bone wall was well visited by myself and alot of other players . It was one of many places used to socialize.. not to mention alot of Counselors and GM's to catch the sleeping ... I agree with you on that each of us plays our own way. I like Petra do my own thing when I raise a character, but you will never catch me away from the keyboard when doing it. Oh I do agree alot of players today do take the easy route with the golem. But thats out of habit for the years we have been given the oppertunity to do so. I made a pretty penny on selling golem kits and GM made one's over the years. So yea I do understand. Its gone now so go find your new way and stop pancakes at the rest of us who understand the why and so forth.
Theophania
It is not our intention to down play your way of doing things ..rather its just we know there are different ways to do it now that the golems are gone for this use. Old methods that worked and now the new aditional ways provided by the game. We were just offering you the different ways you now have to change over to. The Dev are not going to change their minds to give you back the Golems. They want you in their dungeons and out there in game using the spawns to get your gains. Period. Many players sat at a golem and followed the rules and did their training on them ... thats a given. Its gone.
Petra do you remember the lich invasion of trinsic? We on many shards wiped them out beat them and kept the city clean but had the Dev declair that the city fell on every shard.
They did it many times when the players won and the Dev said we lost. They had a game plan and followed it no matter how many of us yelled and had temper tantrums. Dev have said this is the end of golem training.
The dev are not asking you for your input on IF they do this, they told you its gone. Learn to live with it and move on.
I'm Felucian, my chars are born there and live that lifestyle. This means we train and gain with in more ways then one. I dont just hunt, I gather. Petra and I train and use that time to gather things we will use or need or sell in our shops. We are not alone in this. All we offer you is info to replace what is lost to you with a way to do it now. Many above gave excelent ways to do so.
:eyes:
I dont know what now the Golem will be for... perhaps what it originally was made to do. We shall see.

FYI the golems work fine still. They just need a litte more healing now, which spellweaing covers just fine at lvl 6 focus. FYI I and most of the other people dont do AFK training, we just prefer to do it without getting our suits bashed up and with out having to wait for spawn to respawn or run around like a mad man looking for something to kill. Standing hitting a golem = most bang for buck :next:

All golems whether new, or old, will have their poison resist reset to a random number between 80 and 90.
So it looks like your the one who is going to have to learn to live with the fact that Golem training is here to stay.

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be a view point here on stratics between those who play this game to "win" and those who play to "have fun". The "winners" are evil cheating people who will use every in game option to "win" while the "have fun" people will stop at nothing untill everyone is stuck doing as the "have fun" people see fit. It's odd because the "win" people don't care what the others are doing and just want to play the game but the "have fun" people seem to spend a fair amount of time worrying what others are doing and how this impacts thier game play. It's odd or so it seems to me.

I'm sure I am wrong because no one really cares what everyone else is doing, right?

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
There seems to be a view point here on stratics between those who play this game to "win" and those who play to "have fun". The "winners" are evil cheating people who will use every in game option to "win" while the "have fun" people will stop at nothing untill everyone is stuck doing as the "have fun" people see fit. It's odd because the "win" people don't care what the others are doing and just want to play the game but the "have fun" people seem to spend a fair amount of time worrying what others are doing and how this impacts thier game play. It's odd or so it seems to me.

I'm sure I am wrong because no one really cares what everyone else is doing, right?
Conveniently, I am unable to comment on my experiences with you as a guildie without breaking any rules myself. So with that in mind, lets just agree to disagree on what your idea of a *winner* implies. Second, most could not care less about what other people are doing in game. That is unless someone happens to do something that has a negative effect on the game itself.

Don't think ehem *winners* matter to the overall health of the game? I can picture 10 *have fun* people leaving for every *winner* who stays. Don't think that figure is correct? All you have to do is look at the population, and the answer is staring you back in the face.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No your wrong! I can say everyone, cause everyone I played with wanted to max there characters as fast and as easily as they could. You can nit pick over any word I type as much as you like and try and make an argument over it. When I say Everyone its in a context that im talking about, which may not include you. You may not like the idea that im talking about things in my context but that’s human nature again for you isn't it. So please don't got taking single words out of context and try and argue over them when im talking about things that are relative in my world.
Lol, nice back-peddling attempt. First it's a general "everyone" and now it's "everyone I played with."

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
While I agree people shouldn't afk train, if someone is attended using that spot to train how does it harm your gameplay at all? It's hard for you to watch? They stealing your kills? What is it?
The answer, 95% of them are not at the keyboard 100% of the time. This is by definition against the rules of the game people agreed to follow. If you don't agree with the rules, the simple answer is not to play.

How can I tell people aren't attended? Because they don't move when a dragon is released...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The answer, 95% of them are not at the keyboard 100% of the time. This is by definition against the rules of the game people agreed to follow. If you don't agree with the rules, the simple answer is not to play.

How can I tell people aren't attended? Because they don't move when a dragon is released...
Wouldn't releasing a dragon on a bunch of players be against the rules? In truth unless you are a GM asking for a response you don't know if someone is afk or just ignoring you. You can assume they are afk if you wish, I would still like an explanation of how it hurts your gameplay if someone is standing there mindlessly training.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Conveniently, I am unable to comment on my experiences with you as a guildie without breaking any rules myself. So with that in mind, lets just agree to disagree on what your idea of a *winner* implies. Second, most could not care less about what other people are doing in game. That is unless someone happens to do something that has a negative effect on the game itself.

Don't think ehem *winners* matter to the overall health of the game? I can picture 10 *have fun* people leaving for every *winner* who stays. Don't think that figure is correct? All you have to do is look at the population, and the answer is staring you back in the face.
Talk about me as a guildie all you want, never have I tried to hide my views on this or any other issue.

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Talk about me as a guildie all you want, never have I tried to hide my views on this or any other issue.
Considering the roundabout way chosen to make a point, I would hardly call the posts forthcoming. I suspect that honesty in this case might have an effect on the ability to post here as well as play the game.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There will always be the "best" available method. Long live the powergamers, long live the notos. Same as it ever was.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow. I guarantee UO has lost more subs due to harassment from players like yourself than they ever have due to "unintentional training methods". Just because there's a forensic evaluation skill doesn't mean it's your job to play detective..

If you seriously have nothing better to do than harass people then maybe it's time you quit instead of trying to drive other players off.

..and people talk about the harassment in fel. HA!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Considering the roundabout way chosen to make a point, I would hardly call the posts forthcoming. I suspect that honesty in this case might have an effect on the ability to post here as well as play the game.
I play the game just fine, in any form or fashion I choose to do so. Thanks for coming out.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the evil devs, made training weapon skills harder...No biggie, adapt..Move along, next thread.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way: Did I say that the best training grounds IMHO is the Cavern of the Discarded? Melee-Skills easily up to 120 (very nice: second wave and bosses) + Tons of Abyssal Cloth, Blackrock, Seeds - even nice Arties like the Basilisk Hide Breastplate... Go down there with a radiant scimitar, whirlwind them and you get gains garins gains... They take much damage but they don´t deal much...

Archers: Devourer-Spawn = very nice Traininggrounds from 80+ on... Easy up to 120 + Resources + a Chance for the Leggins of the Insane Tinkerer...

Thats why I simply do not understand why anybody would train with a golem... I went down there with no good warriors and ZERO gold - and came up some weeks later with 120 fencing, 120 archery, 120 maces, 120 swords and 150+ mio gold from selling arties and imbuing stuff...

THIS however, does not mean that I don´t understand why some people are upset. It´s quite comfortable to do it on golems. But for me, far too boring and not at all rewarding... No, not at all, my precious :pint:

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two different points:

1) I have spent less than 1 hour in game over the past 7 weeks....too busy IRL...changes in how I was enjoying 'free' time, etc. This change bums me out as I don't think I ever 'exploited' the use of the golems being 100% poison resist, but I had been looking forward to using my shard shields in the future to explore other shards. I have been on GL for 15.41 years and looked forward to getting out more with Golems traveling to other shards. Guess not now.

2) I used to enjoy logging in to any shard and seeing a few golems being whacked in Luna, as I saw it as a sign of UO subscription strength/expansion in player base. I don't need to see someone hitting skeletons in a graveyard or spiders or , or , or.

Johara

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry Bob but I completely disagree.

A huge majority of players have always appeared to have nothing better to do then complain about what other players may or may not be doing. Whether it affects them or not.

This board itself is proof that most people cannot just live and let live.

I could copy and paste a hundred posts abut people complaining about nothing more then blues sitting afk in Luna bank. Seriously?
Most of them blues that are just known pvmers or bank-sitters. Not even pvpers wearing off counts.

Its just plain sad how many people feel entitled in this game just because they have been around awhile :(

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don`t think fixing the golem exploit is the end of the world. I`ve played on and off (more on) since 98 and in those years,not once have I ever had the NEED to use a golem for training. Got several fighter types,from swords/throwing to fencing and macing. I know there are plenty of other area`s like trogs in painted caves for example that give great gains in melee skills AND parry AND healing,anatomy etc,etc....... but alas..... you have to be in attendance for skill gain there. :(

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there really need to kick it off again Mitz? Everything that can be said, from either side, has been said.

Last edited:

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wouldn't releasing a dragon on a bunch of players be against the rules? In truth unless you are a GM asking for a response you don't know if someone is afk or just ignoring you. You can assume they are afk if you wish, I would still like an explanation of how it hurts your gameplay if someone is standing there mindlessly training.
How does this affect me? Each of my toons took months to train by hand, were limited by in game timers as well as by the mana each character possessed. Creating slayer (scrapper) spellbooks, building sdi suits, funding...to be out dps'ed literally 3 to 1 by a two day old character in a cookie cutter suit with cookie cutter weps?

Was it wrong to release a dragon onto someone training afk? Didn't bother me or the guy training at all, although you might want to ask the tamer who let it go.