• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So golem training is going away...

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wow. I guarantee UO has lost more subs due to harassment from players like yourself than they ever have due to "unintentional training methods". Just because there's a forensic evaluation skill doesn't mean it's your job to play detective..

If you seriously have nothing better to do than harass people then maybe it's time you quit instead of trying to drive other players off.

..and people talk about the harassment in fel. HA!
Another misinformed pitchfork bearer of UHall. Well done on being completely wrong on your assumptions in every way possible. I did not release the dragon.

Thanks for playing.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does this affect me? Each of my toons took months to train by hand, were limited by in game timers as well as by the mana each character possessed. Creating slayer (scrapper) spellbooks, building sdi suits, funding...to be out dps'ed literally 3 to 1 by a two day old character in a cookie cutter suit with cookie cutter weps?

Was it wrong to release a dragon onto someone training afk? Didn't bother me or the guy training at all, although you might want to ask the tamer who let it go.
I don't follow how any of this thread actually did any damage to you. Everyone has spent gold and time making new guys and suits, you are no different than the rest of us. Even if a person was AFK they are still limited by all the same stuff you mentioned here. I have built guys by hand and it never took months, me thinks you are doing it wrong.

Really it seems that you are mad that the char whom you spent so much effort building was not correct for the task at hand. That is a bummer but a learning event all the same.

It seemed implied that you released the dragon, clearly this was misread by everyone given that you wrote it and all...

Last edited:

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sorry Bob but I completely disagree.

A huge majority of players have always appeared to have nothing better to do then complain about what other players may or may not be doing. Whether it affects them or not.

This board itself is proof that most people cannot just live and let live.

I could copy and paste a hundred posts abut people complaining about nothing more then blues sitting afk in Luna bank. Seriously?
Most of them blues that are just known pvmers or bank-sitters. Not even pvpers wearing off counts.

Its just plain sad how many people feel entitled in this game just because they have been around awhile :(
What you see here isn't the majority, what you see here is a small minority of usual complainers and naysayers. You aren't incorrect in your thoughts about what happens around here, in many ways I agree with what you see. Again, stratics is not the tell all of the UO community.

As you mentioned, there are people around here with a sense of extreme entitlement. Some feel they have a right to be heard based solely on the amount of time they have been here on the boards, while others feel the same based on how long they played the game. Truth is, neither group are deserving of being the motivating factor of change in this game.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How does this affect me? Each of my toons took months to train by hand, were limited by in game timers as well as by the mana each character possessed. Creating slayer (scrapper) spellbooks, building sdi suits, funding...to be out dps'ed literally 3 to 1 by a two day old character in a cookie cutter suit with cookie cutter weps?
So you don't like golems cause you are bad at UO? I mean now days those "cookie cutter" templates, suits and training methods were available to anyone. So you have a character from the old days that was much harder to train... Sorry that it isn't 1998 anymore. I still don't see how the fact that someone trained on a golem in any way forces any change in anyone else's gameplay.

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't follow how any of this thread actually did any damage to you. Everyone has spent gold and time making new guys and suits, you are no different than the rest of us. Even if a person was AFK they are still limited by all the same stuff you mentioned here. I have built guys by hand and it never took months, me thinks you are doing it wrong.

Really it seems that you are mad that the char whom you spent so much effort building was not correct for the task at hand. That is a bummer but a learning event all the same.

It seemed implied that you released the dragon, clearly this was misread by everyone given that you wrote it and all...
It seems to me that regardless of how I present things, you will forever disagree with my opinion based solely out of spite. While I am confident that you won't ever admit this, years of being your guildie have lead to this conclusion.

Cheers mate, enjoy playing the game with other like minded individuals. Something tells me late night general chat will suit you just fine.

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So you don't like golems cause you are bad at UO? I mean now days those "cookie cutter" templates, suits and training methods were available to anyone. So you have a character from the old days that was much harder to train... Sorry that it isn't 1998 anymore. I still don't see how the fact that someone trained on a golem in any way forces any change in anyone else's gameplay.
I think you need to go back and start over. Unless that is you enjoy playing the part of asshat based on stuff you didn't bother to read.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you need to go back and start over. Unless that is you enjoy playing the part of asshat based on stuff you didn't bother to read.
I read just fine... To paraphrase you... I worked hard to make my character and some 3 old character is better than me... My response was on point.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems to me that regardless of how I present things, you will forever disagree with my opinion based solely out of spite. While I am confident that you won't ever admit this, years of being your guildie have lead to this conclusion.

Cheers mate, enjoy playing the game with other like minded individuals. Something tells me late night general chat will suit you just fine.
I don't actually know who you are...can't spite what I don't know.

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I read just fine... To paraphrase you... I worked hard to make my character and some 3 old character is better than me... My response was on point.
Nothing you mentioned was on point. I made no mention at all to the disapproval of golem training. You then took my comments deeply out of context. This was when I said you should go back and reread what I actually said.

At this point, it is probably best to write you off as being inept or perhaps just too stubborn to get it.

Either way, the label of asshat is beginning to look more appealing and well founded.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Merus said:
Wouldn't releasing a dragon on a bunch of players be against the rules? In truth unless you are a GM asking for a response you don't know if someone is afk or just ignoring you. You can assume they are afk if you wish, I would still like an explanation of how it hurts your gameplay if someone is standing there mindlessly training.​
Bob said:

How does this affect me? Each of my toons took months to train by hand, were limited by in game timers as well as by the mana each character possessed. Creating slayer (scrapper) spellbooks, building sdi suits, funding... (I worked really hard on my character) to be out dps'ed literally 3 to 1 by a two day old character in a cookie cutter suit with cookie cutter weps? (and some new guy is better than me)

It is exactly what you said. I took nothing out of context.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since golem training is not being made impossible, merely becoming slightly more difficult, isn't this discussion a tad pointless?

Given the nature of the change golem training is rather unlikely to actually go away.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Merus said:
Wouldn't releasing a dragon on a bunch of players be against the rules? In truth unless you are a GM asking for a response you don't know if someone is afk or just ignoring you. You can assume they are afk if you wish, I would still like an explanation of how it hurts your gameplay if someone is standing there mindlessly training.​
Bob said:

How does this affect me? Each of my toons took months to train by hand, were limited by in game timers as well as by the mana each character possessed. Creating slayer (scrapper) spellbooks, building sdi suits, funding... (I worked really hard on my character) to be out dps'ed literally 3 to 1 by a two day old character in a cookie cutter suit with cookie cutter weps? (and some new guy is better than me)

It is exactly what you said. I took nothing out of context.
You are as obtuse as they come. Again, I specifically made no mention to my qualm being with golem training. I did however express my concern being elsewhere. Had you taken the time to read...yes read...you would not be trying to argue with me a moot point.

Some facts...
1) A thrower can acheive 120 throwing, 100 tactics, and 100 anatomy in the tomb of the kings with no resistance from monsters at all and in 25% of the time it takes to train on a golem.
2) The area people do this in is well known, yet the spawn has NEVER been adjusted to combat this type of cheating.
3) I don't care what the next guy does to play this game in their time, as long as it is within the confines of the rules I had to agree to in order to play myself.
4) Jealousy has never been my motivation for posting here, fairness however has always been the motivator.
5) You have no interest in a factual discussion.
6) I am no better than anyone else here, however I am entitled to play the game without my progress being hampered by cheaters/trolls.

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are as obtuse as they come. Again, I specifically made no mention to my qualm being with golem training. I did however express my concern being elsewhere. Had you taken the time to read...yes read...you would not be trying to argue with me a moot point.

Some facts...
1) A thrower can acheive 120 throwing, 100 tactics, and 100 anatomy in the tomb of the kings with no resistance from monsters at all and in 25% of the time it takes to train on a golem.
2) The area people do this in is well known, yet the spawn has NEVER been adjusted to combat this type of cheating.
3) I don't care what the next guy does to play this game in their time, as long as it is within the confines of the rules I had to agree to in order to play myself.
4) Jealousy has never been my motivation for posting here, fairness however has always been the motivator.
5) You have no interest in a factual discussion.
6) I am no better than anyone else here, however I am entitled to play the game without my progress being hampered by cheaters/trolls.
That was a quick change to number 5, troll indeed lol pots and kettles here

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those saying that training on a Golem was slow, have obviously never trained a Golem up to GM Wrest/Tact, then trained on him. Gains you above GM alot faster than just some freshly tinkered Golem.

Say hello to the new form of Golem Training! Charmed AoLs also work for it too. :p
Btw, that Wolf Spider has GM Wrest/Tact. Bet you'd gain alot faster beating on him with that Kryss, than you would hunting down monsters in a dungeon.

Attachments

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least fixing the golem didnt create a revert..or maybe it did dupe dupe dupe!!