• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So EA Put in a punkbuster type system?

D

Der Rock

And also play 48291512.32432 hours a week to even compare to other players!
?
YOU have to compare to nothing,NOTHING.
you have to find your own playstyle,the way you like to play this GAME

if you 1 of those players who think "you MUST have ALL what you want instantly" then you are simply in the WRONG game.

YOU cant be the best PvP-PvM-Smith-Taylor-Imbuer-Scribe-Thief-Rare collector-Alchemist in ONE Person.

IF cheating is the only playstyle you are good in, then simply GO AWAY ;)

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those who think Punkbuster can stop scripters know nothing about programing.

This being said, I created a tailor 2 monthes ago and began playing the BOD system.
Let me tell you this: IT'S SILLY!
I had to buy 0.1 tailoring on 4 other characters to fuel my tailor with enough trash BODs to keep him crafting for longer than 10 minutes straight (remove the timer already!).
I turn so many BODs in that my mouse spits at me when I enter the room, and for what?
Tons of stretched hides, bear rugs and colored sandals.
YEAH!
I got 2 spined sewing kits so far, as it goes I'll get a horned kit by the time my beard grows white (which is not that far away, TBH :) )

I'm all for banning scripting and cheating, but some activities in UO are beyond silly and seriously need being looked at.

X

XLaCeDX

"I turn so many BODs in that my mouse spits at me when I enter the room, and for what?
Tons of stretched hides, bear rugs and colored sandals."

Go to: http://www.towerofroses.de/

You never need get another stretched hide deed if you don't wish to.

Would probably be smarter to skip the stretched hide large bod and individually turn in the 4 or 5 smalls you need to fill the large for 4 or 5 new bods.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be interesting though if it is true to see how many pvps will quit and even the hard core trammies IMO there are alot more scripters than people realize and once the prices of everything starts going up again I'd like to see how many people really like that.

I never understood the argument that having a game free of cheats, hacks and scripts would loose subscriptions.

I mean, what good is a game where some participants cheat, hack and script to gain an edge over other fellow players ?

I do not know others but personally, I DO NOT LIKE nor enjoy playing a game where others use cheats, hacks and scripts to gain an edge over me.

I would find it logical then that either a game was made FREE of any and all cheats, hacks and script by banning this ability OR, simply give these tools to ALL OF THE PLAYERS.

What I find wrong is the fact that only "some" players are capable, whatever the reason, to use them.

So, while I'd rather MUCH prefer to see an extreme fight, zero tolerance policy towards hacks, cheats and scripting in Ultima Online, I could also understand an alternative path "if" it would make cheats, hacks and scripting available to ALL OF THE PLAYERS, equally.

What needs to end is the ability for only "some" players to use those tools.

Either NOONE should use them or EVERYONE alike.

That's how I see it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your obsession with cheating is borderline psychotic my friend.

I don't know about that, I just see how, for example, in sports, cards games and a number of other things cheating in general is pretty much unwelcomed......

That is, it is my understanding, gaming and cheating are, generally speaking, not seen as a nice mix......

Am I such a psycho not to want it in Ultima Online, a game I play (and pay for the service...) ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And also play 48291512.32432 hours a week to even compare to other players!

There is a simple fix that would take care of that and bring more balancing between powergamers and casual gamers.

It is called "daily CAPs" at least for high end items highly wanted.

Put a daily CAP on the, per account, and players WILL be more on an equal basis, whether casual or powergamers.

Not to mention that daily CAPs would deal with scripters for good...........

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this is indeed true, then I predict a legion of cheaters coming to U.Hall and making up stories about how they were banned unfairly.

This will be followed by all the U.Hall posters, the same ones who complain 24/7 about why EA does nothing about cheating, blindly sympathizing with them and cursing EA. Eventually, EA will abandon it because it is not worth the grief.

This will finally conclude with the U.Hall posters resuming their routine of complaining about why EA does nothing about cheating.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still don't agree with Punkbuster. Using hardware serials to identify banned people puts those who might purchase used PC parts at risk of being banned for buying an item. Which isn't an issue for higher end games, but seems much more possible in an old game like UO.

I'm glad it at least appears they are going another direction, as I hoped they would.

I wonder, realistically, how many real cases would happen of a Ultima Online player buying a used hardware part from another Ultima Online player who got banned, previously ?

What are the odds ? One in a thousand ? One in ten thousand ?

I would imagine that they would be so low that they could be then investigated in depth on a one by one basis by a live representative.

I do not think it would be much of an issue.

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I understand it wouldn't just be players of UO, it would be people who have been banned in ANY punkbuster game, which makes the possible scope of the problem that much larger. And while yes, this is a very slim chance of happening, I don't think taking the easy & lazy route denotes a good service. Hence why I'm opposed to punkbuster. Now, before someone mentions it, I know that this doesn't mean punkbuster is coming to UO. Hopefully it means something that ISN'T punkbuster is coming.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rofl... punkbuster... why bust the hackers if you can simply prevent the hacks.

I'll most likely never find my answers as to why I abused so much and never got banned. I would scam people with the feedback loop. On click stole their whole backpack and I would tell them...

Go for it, call a GM, heh. Not one ever came...

They were thinking about gold only, making sure only the "elite" get their part of the cake...

Too busy...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I understand it wouldn't just be players of UO, it would be people who have been banned in ANY punkbuster game, which makes the possible scope of the problem that much larger. And while yes, this is a very slim chance of happening, I don't think taking the easy & lazy route denotes a good service. Hence why I'm opposed to punkbuster. Now, before someone mentions it, I know that this doesn't mean punkbuster is coming to UO. Hopefully it means something that ISN'T punkbuster is coming.

Yet, it would have some good aspects. I mean, it would work as a deterrant to players to cheat in "any" game out there.

It would finally be a wonderfull world of "free from cheating" gaming ??

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no way EA would do this. If EA truly wanted to remove scripters they would have done it a long time ago.
Now is a good time to start as any. Remember, they've always had rules against illegal 3rd party apps, cheats and macroing programs. And unless everone is lying about them being unfairly banned in mass bans, having perma banned chars that cannot enjoy the "return to britannia" program etc, bannings are very real and not some conspiracy.

If folks still think EA would not do this, look at the clilocs again. What? Folks won't believe until it hits them in the face? Very well, they are welcome to continue their disbelieve until it hits you in :D

People that use scripts for faming and making money have LOTS of accounts to farm with, 3,4,5,6 or more. So
If ea put in a punk type system they would loose so many accounts they would have to up the monthly cost for us to play to make up for the banned accounts.
These people normally use throwaway accounts to script. Certain things can still be scripted using trial accounts. These are not the accounts that a company is looking for in the long run.

They are also many legit players that have 3,4,5,6 or more accounts.

An analogy would be banks having crime lords as, drug lords, illegal weapon dealers, money launderers, terrorists etc as their customers. They may bring in good money, but it's not the customers you want because it'll ultimately drive away other customers.

Would be interesting though if it is true to see how many pvps will quit
Because they can't pvp without cheats? Or because they can't pvp fairly against cheaters running speedhacks? If it's the the latter, let me put it this way, if no one can cheat, all the pvp'rs will be on even ground again. Meaning no one would need to run a cheat just to compete on the same level, yes?

Now if they quit because they can't pvp without cheats, erm... well... I have nothing to say... or at least nothing good...

and even the hard core trammies IMO there are alot more scripters than people realize and once the prices of everything starts going up again I'd like to see how many people really like that.
You have to counter balance that with the number of gold farming scripts. Without a continual mass influx of gold, it will become scarce. If resources becomes expensive, people cannot afford to pay the high prices and buy them. This in turn will make sellers lower their prices.

When UO began, players without any 3rd party programs were selling ingots at 6 per. To undercut the NPCs who were selling them at 7 gp by 1 gp. At Britain forge, you could even get people selling at 4 or 5 gp to undercut other miners.

That's more of what I expect in a normal working economy. Not the millions of gold you need now.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too, am opposed to punkbuster itself for a variety of reasons. I have always been a proponent of an engine coded directly into the UO client. That seems to be exactly what they have done, and I fully support it :D

So, like the OP's title, it's a cheat detection engine like punkbuster, but not punkbuster itself (unless they have a license agreement).

R

RavenWinterHawk

I hope EA keeps everything secret.

Remove those that get caught. Don't feed us any information that will be BS debated here.

Dont give scripters any information. Just remove players.

As for all the silly discussions now about all the scripters leaving...

They will find a different way to sell.

You all just dont get it. Gold was once worth $20 bucks a million gold pieces. Scripting came into play and duping and gold plumetted to $1 per million. Items went up from 100k to 1 million. Its all relative.

Without scripting the quantity of cheap crap will go down.
The average player will have plenty of crap they can buy from each other or get themselves.

People will still buy gold. Maybe gold goes to $3 per million. People will still by rares and uber items. Maybe they do it through ICQ.

SELLING SELLING SELLING WILL STILL GO ON. That doesnt harm the game. Script abuse and exploit abuse does. SURE ITS driven by desire to win or get RL cash.

My opinion... bounce the scritpers out.

OH and the arguement. "LALALA just make selling illegal." Please open your eyes. Scripting is illegal. And it goes on.

Putting something in writing does nothing. Bouncing the cheats out is were it is at.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would lol if when people turned on their speedhacks it would cause "I AM SPEEDHACKING!!!" to be spammed over their heads.
Now that actually did make me laugh out loud before 7:30 and on only one cup o Joe. Toooooo funny.

Scripting must go. Its been killing a game that has had enough going against it for too long.

I don't know about yall but I'm feeling a bit of a shift in the wind here.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My memory of how it was going to work in UO was that it would detect certain specific programs they told it to look for (I think many of us here know the one or two or three they have in mind), and then notify a GM who would review the information, and the account.

I don't know if I have that right or not....But what I'm a lot more sure of is that I don't recall anything about it Punkbuster in UO using the general Punkbuster list. Which wouldn't make sense for UO, and the team would've known that.

At any rate....Whatever this is, it isn't Punkbuster, it's something in-house. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they had bought, or at least licensed, some of Punkbuster's code.

-Galen's player

U

UOKaiser

The wishes for the economy to come down won't happen it will take another 12 years to get back to the prices that were 12 years ago. There is massive amount of gold out there and its just exchanging hands it's not going anywhere. Then no one can stop a dupe from happening plenty of time for one to come along before then. Thats if UO survives.

Im kinda worried that one of the big reasons that uo return back to brit program is reactivated is because they saw a massive unused accounts in a short time because of scripting being down even with the new expansion. Which means it's bad numbers for the EA accountents. I hope am wrong but just got one of those bad feelings you know?

R

RavenWinterHawk

The wishes for the economy to come down won't happen it will take another 12 years to get back to the prices that were 12 years ago. There is massive amount of gold out there and its just exchanging hands it's not going anywhere. Then no one can stop a dupe from happening plenty of time for one to come along before then. Thats if UO survives.

Im kinda worried that one of the big reasons that uo return back to brit program is reactivated is because they saw a massive unused accounts in a short time because of scripting being down even with the new expansion. Which means it's bad numbers for the EA accountents. I hope am wrong but just got one of those bad feelings you know?
Nah. They are inviting people back because they are proud of SA. The best way to get people to try it is email all the people that had accounts. Thats just smart business.

It wont go to 12 years ago but it will adjust. Dont forget lots of gold goes to vendors and sits there. When accounts are banned the vendor gold is lost. But for the most part your right. Lots of gold and resources to be used up.

U

UOKaiser

Nah. They are inviting people back because they are proud of SA. The best way to get people to try it is email all the people that had accounts. Thats just smart business.

It wont go to 12 years ago but it will adjust. Dont forget lots of gold goes to vendors and sits there. When accounts are banned the vendor gold is lost. But for the most part your right. Lots of gold and resources to be used up.
I sure hope so of being proud. Though in the back of my mind the nagging feeling is that uo is a businees and if they released a new expansion it makes sense they wouldn't want to offer free time whiout a investment like you know new account with 30 days free. I don't know it just contradicts each other I hope is because they are confident of there work and wish for old vets to return here is hoping on the bright side. Lets cross our fingures.

We just don't know what is going on and only time will tell. Either way I am enjoying SA immensely and have to be the best expension so far though I wish gargoyels were a little better but still it was amazing work.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I am actually having the most fun I have had in the game in the last 5 plus years.

I mapped the world. Fought stuff. Collected ingredients. And did the vending thing.

Now Im taking my thief in and looking.

Im going to start working imbuing and a new characture.

Lots to do.

And I did place a house in SA so I am going to open it up to free vendors. So anyone needs a vendor let me know. Atlantic.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh, I agree it won't go to what we had 12 years ago. But it will gradually normalize.

The impt thing is, prices of resources will not skyrocket just because there are no more resource scripters like certain posters projects. The reason is because there will also be no gold farming scripters bringing in gold to keep these prices afloat and continually rising.

T

Toptwo

I can agree with you, the search websites are a god send! Ea needs to incorperate something like this. It is by far one of the best advancements in uo. Now with that being said, i dont agree with using 3rd party programs, but im more than happy to use the website :)
Think about what your saying....EA can't possibly incorporate something like this. Why would they do something that only benafited what...40-50 players per shard? I am not one of the "lucky few" that have a vendor sitting in luna....so, no the BAD BAD scripters that you (and prolly 97% of the people here at stratics reading this post) lean so heavily on to bring you this "shopping service" don't show my vendor shop either...but if EA was going to start doing this, I would demand (and so would everybody else in the game that has a vendor) that EA also show MY vendor. Why should I pay the same monthly fee as the "lucky few" and not be represented??? Why should EA help make the "lucky few" richer, and not me?? My prices are consistantly lower then Luna prices...but, I sell much fewer items then the "lucky Few"..so why would you allow EA to only help the "lucky few" and not you? You all sit here and bash on scripters, but yet 97% of you are more then likely reaping the benifit of them on this ONE service alone! You get to compare prices, then go right to the shop and buy, took you what...all of 3 Min?? Before this "service" was offered it took you what? 2 Hours to search every vendor in Luna, and then maybe for nothing, because nobody had what you were looking for. Gimme a break!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People cheating just don't bother me that much I guess, what bothers me the most to be honest is EA won't fix the tamers and other issues regarding pvp but thats something for a diff topic. so any how!
Really? Let me get this straight. You are ok with people hacking the client/scripting to get an advantage, BUT you have issues with Mythic because of perceived problems with PvP?

Huh?

Would be interesting though if it is true to see how many pvps will quit and even the hard core trammies IMO there are alot more scripters than people realize and once the prices of everything starts going up again I'd like to see how many people really like that.
This has to be one of the...well, I'll refrain from the rest of that comment.

If prices rise, 3 things will happen.
1. People will pay the price.
2. People will get the resources themselves.
3. The price will drop.

Nice fear tactic... are you into politics?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "if scripters are banned, prices will rise and players will hate that" argument is...terrible.

People are always looking for a way to make money, if the prices of resources rise, then new players and those who don't have 100m suited characters who can go do peerless solo or whatever will start gathering resources to make money. If prices keep rising, many more people will gather resources or pay up. If it gets bad, people will complain on the boards and something will get adjusted.

I would give up everything I own in UO if it would mean scripters would be gone for good from the game. Skills, items, pets, houses, the whole shebang.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Really? Let me get this straight. You are ok with people hacking the client/scripting to get an advantage, BUT you have issues with Mythic because of perceived problems with PvP?

Huh?

This has to be one of the...well, I'll refrain from the rest of that comment.

If prices rise, 3 things will happen.
1. People will pay the price.
2. People will get the resources themselves.
3. The price will drop.

Nice fear tactic... are you into politics?
Prices wont go up. I agree.
Its a game. Its all relative.

Look gold at $1 per million. Its easier to buy it for some.
Gold goes up. It easy to acquire it in game. That means players will just acquire what they need, chopping, mining, buying, collecting whatever.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where does it even say that a system like punkbuster is being implemented? also if EA was smart, instead of banning tons of accounts and losing customers, why not just make it so that if the anti-cheat program detects someone using a 3rd party program, it simply kicks them off, and every time they try to use it it kicks them off constantly, then they wouldn't have to worry about banning the wrong people and such

E

ElRay

Not enough to replace all the scripter accounts. Would still be a revenue loss.
Oh well, im sure when people hear how UO isnt a cesspool of cheaters it will help with soaking up some of that revenue loss.

Seriously, letting cheaters run rampant in your MMORPG game is not doing your job properly.

Bravo Kudos Props to the Devs

E

ElRay

Well the issue with punkbuster is, many (im sure im not the only) Players have played other Punk Buster games, Me I played Americas army, Well i used an "aim bot" which banned my Hardware 100%, so that means I am banned from ALL punkbuster using games. Which in the case of UO is BS. Im not going to risk my accounts using crap programs that prob lead to half of account hackings in uo. My .2$
Im sure if you read the TOS of Punkbuster, it would of told you that.

C

Connor_Graham

My prices are consistantly lower then Luna prices...but, I sell much fewer items then the "lucky Few"..
That's on you and not EA. My vendor house isn't in Luna, yet I make just as much as a Luna vendor house does. Even when my house wasn't in Zento and was out in the middle of nowhere, Malas, I made just as much as a Luna house. If you're not getting sales then you're not advertising or not maintaining your vendors well enough for people to return. Period. Don't blame it on a 3rd party site.

E

ElRay

Hey everybody an old game called Ultima Online has a new expansion out called Stygian Abyss!

For $49.99 (and $10 per month thereafter), you can enjoy 30 days of the thrill of being a lesser* player!

*fine print*

*To be an 'equal' player requires that you download and install several or possibly even many questionable programs to your computer's hard drive.
Suspect. Check.

T

Toptwo

I would give up everything I own in UO if it would mean scripters would be gone for good from the game. Skills, items, pets, houses, the whole shebang.
Since you run vendors you can honestly say you have NEVER EVER looked at F***UO or S*****Uo or any of the other services like these to help you with pricing items on your vendor to keep you competitive?...or used ANY of those search services to look for a item?

E

ElRay

i'd rather doubleclick every vendor in Luna than watch some idiot toon skip across my screen like a flat rock across a still pond

nothing more frustrating than fighting someone who is cheating, and cheating blatantly and obviously without fear of retribution

it makes you feel like a moron for following the tos
Devs, I hope you put this post near and dear to your hearts, if/whilst implementing anti-cheating

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you run vendors you can honestly say you have NEVER EVER looked at ****UO or *****Uo or any of the other services like these to help you with pricing items on your vendor to keep you competitive?...or used ANY of those search services to look for a item?
I looked at one of those search sites to see what the big deal was. But I don't use them. I ask other people going prices or I got to luna and check around. It's not hard to keep currant, I'm even pretty good at guessing prices.

I think if those site didn't use cheats they would be great. I love the idea of an EA sponsored vendor pricing website that listed every vendor on every shard and what they are selling, kept current every couple hours or so.

Might want to edit your post btw, would be a shame to get a warning for mentioning illegal sites here. ;)

E

ElRay

If this is indeed true, then I predict a legion of cheaters coming to U.Hall and making up stories about how they were banned unfairly.

This will be followed by all the U.Hall posters, the same ones who complain 24/7 about why EA does nothing about cheating, blindly sympathizing with them and cursing EA. Eventually, EA will abandon it because it is not worth the grief.

This will finally conclude with the U.Hall posters resuming their routine of complaining about why EA does nothing about cheating.
Its a good thing we have UO moderators who are brimming with positive energy!! Why dont you do your job then and moderate when that happens eh?

T

Toptwo

That's on you and not EA. My vendor house isn't in Luna, yet I make just as much as a Luna vendor house does. Even when my house wasn't in Zento and was out in the middle of nowhere, Malas, I made just as much as a Luna house. If you're not getting sales then you're not advertising or not maintaining your vendors well enough for people to return. Period. Don't blame it on a 3rd party site.

Connor, you might try actually READING a post for its complete content rather then for something you can attempt to pick on. At NO POINT was I complaining about how much/little I sell...my post had NOTHING to do with that. O only to mentioned it in passing..I am NOT blaming anything on the 3rd party site...I am TRYING to explain why EA wont ever implament a UOSearch type of engine. Because it wouldnt be fair to the masses NOT in luna. You might try actually READING and UNDERSTANDING a post before you start typing and make a fool out of yourself!

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got an interesting PM in Q this morning.

The story on the web site is that the code maintainer for "that" program is ill. 7 weeks now...yea..right. Anyway...

The rumor is that hes stalling because he can't find a good way o get "that" program either working at all or working without being detected.

If this is the end of the road for "that" program I am quite sure that I would rejoice and grab some popcorn , for all of those poor poor lazy cheating losers will surely come here to whine about it or try to defend their actions behind the veil of "omg UO will lose so many subs!!". I see some of those posts here. We know why you are sayng what you are saying. You arent fooling anyone.

You cheat? Dont let the door hit ya...

T

The Fallout

If EA has any plans to try and make this game popular (or at least semi-popular) again they will try their best to get rid of scripting and duping.

T

Toptwo

I looked at one of those search sites to see what the big deal was. But I don't use them. I ask other people going prices or I got to luna and check around. It's not hard to keep currant, I'm even pretty good at guessing prices.

I think if those site didn't use cheats they would be great. I love the idea of an EA sponsored vendor pricing website that listed every vendor on every shard and what they are selling, kept current every couple hours or so.

Might want to edit your post btw, would be a shame to get a warning for mentioning illegal sites here. ;)
Excellent! Then I have all the respect in the world for what you said about giving everything you own up!!! :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent! Then I have all the respect in the world for what you said about giving everything you own up!!! :)
It's true, but it's not a hard thing for me to say. I mean, having stuff is nice, but getting it is more fun than having it. Not that I'm about to go strew my junk all over brit bank floor and start over broke. :p

C

Connor_Graham

Connor, you might try actually READING a post for its complete content rather then for something you can attempt to pick on. At NO POINT was I complaining about how much/little I sell...my post had NOTHING to do with that. O only to mentioned it in passing..I am NOT blaming anything on the 3rd party site...I am TRYING to explain why EA wont ever implament a UOSearch type of engine. Because it wouldnt be fair to the masses NOT in luna. You might try actually READING and UNDERSTANDING a post before you start typing and make a fool out of yourself!
:dunce:

I did read the post, and understood it quite well. I quoted the basic gist of what you were trying to say, which was complaining that you don't make as much as Luna vendors because of the search sites. I merely showed how incorrect that assumption was. :twak:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it works like the game guard in L2, it's irrelevant what you are doing in terms of logging onto one account or another. It is just checking to see what programs you have in use when the system runs.

In L2, a screen comes up initially that checks what programs are running. If everything is okay, the program boots and runs. If it does detect anything wrong, it won't even go to the log in screen.
Could this be the reason it takes so long to load the Enhanced Client. UO checking to see what I have running. UMMMMMMMMM

T

Toptwo

:dunce:

I did read the post, and understood it quite well. I quoted the basic gist of what you were trying to say, which was complaining that you don't make as much as Luna vendors because of the search sites. I merely showed how incorrect that assumption was. :twak:

Well, there again, I guess for some ppl it is impossible to make things clear, they will always take things out of context and attempt to make themselfs look superior. If you truley believe that was the reasoning behind my post Connor, then more power to you. You, however, are apparantly the only person that thought that. Since 97% of that post was talking about why EA wont ever make a search site for buying/selling goods, and 3% was a handful of words about my vendors you got the "gist". It must be nice to be as intelligent as you and be able to see through any smoke screen. WOW, how do you do it connor?? Divine Gift???

D

Dai FHA

OK Here is my own personal opinion, which i know doesnt mean much, but here goes. To the developers that may or may not have put punkbusters or something like it in effect.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ;-)

To those of you complaining about it..... grow up..

god forbid you might have to do some work to build your chars up or find/obtain the resources manually. My best friend has always call me a grinder because I have ALWAYS done things, the right (hard)way. I must say that is one nick name I am quite proud of. ;-)

R

RavenWinterHawk

OK Here is my own personal opinion, which i know doesnt mean much, but here goes. To the developers that may or may not have put punkbusters or something like it in effect.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ;-)

To those of you complaining about it..... grow up..

god forbid you might have to do some work to build your chars up or find/obtain the resources manually. My best friend has always call me a grinder because I have ALWAYS done things, the right (hard)way. I must say that is one nick name I am quite proud of. ;-)
well said

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm rather baffled that the usual UHall response to the request that "UO should make a vendor indexing system like the websites that are currently out there" tends to be "I wouldn't want UO to make a vendor indexing system because it would be ABSOLUTELY EXACTLY like the current ones and would ONLY EVER INDEX LUNA because clearly UO itself does not have access to EVERY VENDOR IN THE GAME and the devs would be COLOSSAL IDIOTS and ONLY INDEX LUNA and furthermore CAPS LOCK." It is, essentially, a strawman argument.

Also:
I would imagine that they would be so low that they could be then investigated in depth on a one by one basis by a live representative.

I do not think it would be much of an issue.
Are you completely new here?