• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So about this Ram.....

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One of the first pets I tamed from the new publish was the Ram in Deceit. Friend helped me control spawn, I appreciated that it was a bit of a challenge.

But that was easy considering how challenging he has been to train. His stats are so low initially that everything just tears him up, 14% fire resist means that anything that can cast will FS him for a bunch.

If I could get him to the first level I could bump his resists up, but I'm still at 13% on the progession bar.

Anyone successfully trained one of these, and how did you get past the initial level?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the first pets I tamed from the new publish was the Ram in Deceit. Friend helped me control spawn, I appreciated that it was a bit of a challenge.

But that was easy considering how challenging he has been to train. His stats are so low initially that everything just tears him up, 14% fire resist means that anything that can cast will FS him for a bunch.

If I could get him to the first level I could bump his resists up, but I'm still at 13% on the progession bar.

Anyone successfully trained one of these, and how did you get past the initial level?
Used a trained pet that couldn't be killed to be the tank/meat shield and put the ram on as secondary for the first round of training until I could put 80s resist, stam, dex and HPR and some HP on him. Then let him go in Glow Cem to get his wrest and tact into the 60s.
This is the 5th one I have trained up and working his skills the rest of the way up now, also the best build as I avoided the mistakes with the previous. With the Rams it is better to go for balance rather than tankiness or all necro heavy or atleast how it seems to me. This one is good all around and can handle most stuff now. Should be very effective after the skills are max.
DR1.jpg DR2.jpg DR3.jpg DR4.jpg DR5.jpg DR6.jpg DR7.jpg DR8.jpg

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you ditched Battle Defense? Seems like that would help him tank after getting his skills up. No success with that set of skills? How much life leech is your trained one doing?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Side note for taming if you are Knight of honor you can get 3 tamed before you honor runs out per honoring. Just honor self walk in aggro the ram and lead him into the hallway tame him park him or transfer to a friend, run back in and repeat. Don't go for a 4th the honor runs out and every damn thing in the room targets you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I don't like skilling. You can train unskilled pets at the crazed mage in shame. Just pull him from the other stuff.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you ditched Battle Defense? Seems like that would help him tank after getting his skills up. No success with that set of skills? How much life leech is your trained one doing?
Toughest thing I have put him on is Miasma and while I don't know the numbers he life leeches and never needs a bandaid. I left battle defense on two of them and they tank better but for me it comes down to the big AI hits and ending the fight faster or defense and the fight dragging out, for me and what I hunt ending the fight faster is more important. What I really wanted to lose was the disarm, disarm is just not compatible with one of my main activities......... Never! Never Ever Disarm the Dread Pirate LOL.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ask your friend if you can go boating with him and get your % from the DPs before he kills them 2-3 1 pirate = 100% 3 2 pirate = 100% 4 4 pirate = 100% 5 4 pirate = 100% and the gains are faster than anything else. .7 1.5 2.5 1.25 per slot level 11 Dread pirates and you have 2 to 5 slot done and if your friend is whom I am thinking he is much better at the pirates than I am so it would be very fast.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh I had him on a dread for a little while as my trained cu tanked, but everyone else was done so we moved on. I'm curious to see if disarm will work against blackthorn captains, or if the life leech will just get the Ram killed that much quicker

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I had him on a dread for a little while as my trained cu tanked, but everyone else was done so we moved on. I'm curious to see if disarm will work against blackthorn captains, or if the life leech will just get the Ram killed that much quicker
LOL Forgot I had left battle defense on the one I am currently training and he disarmed the pirate and died shortly after. No idea about the captains, they are not on my hunting list. I have gotten very leery about disarming monster types after the bad DP and Medusa experience :)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Tyrath, 2 questions: What exactly happens when you disarm them (DP and Medusa)? We saw you mention that a few times but except Death for all it remained vague what happens. We can't imagine how they become more powerful after being disarmed? We do believe you, just that we cannot picture it.

And more importantly, how do you get rid of skills like Disarm and Battle Defense? We read before you can only add things, not remove them? So this is very interesting!

And as a side note, thanks for sharing all your knowledge based on aaaaallllll your training!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The weapon has lower damage on it than their wrestling does... like they are GM in a weapon... but 500 in wrestling... plus without the weapon they aren't trying to use that anymore now they do other specials and such 10x more.... which are FAR more damaging... I believe it's like that seen it a couple times... crazy stuff on Medusa.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyrath, 2 questions: What exactly happens when you disarm them (DP and Medusa)? We saw you mention that a few times but except Death for all it remained vague what happens. We can't imagine how they become more powerful after being disarmed? We do believe you, just that we cannot picture it.

And more importantly, how do you get rid of skills like Disarm and Battle Defense? We read before you can only add things, not remove them? So this is very interesting!

And as a side note, thanks for sharing all your knowledge based on aaaaallllll your training!
What Malagste said they become super powered wrestlers with endless special moves and uber defense. They are nearly unkillable like right up there with a Crimson Dragon. When you add something like Armor ignore the Battle Defence goes away. Now to be honest Battle Defense has a place it is very worthwhile to keep it on a Ram but you lose the Dread pirate training option. You can take the Ram the 2-3 training but after that unless you dropped the battle defense and Disarm the pirates are out for Ram Training for 3-4 and 4-5 unless you want to Rez them a lot :)