• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SnR is A-OK

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
SnR is not "the bad forum," where uncivil threads are moved and left to die. Instead, it is a more lightly moderated medium for continuing heated debates.

Typically, heated debates involve issues that people feel passionately about. When debates become particularly heated, moderators have a couple of options: lock the thread or move it to SnR. If the debate truly us something that you care about, wouldn't you rather the discussion remain open, even if in a new forum? Is the developer audience really the only reason for the debate?

In sum, moving a thread to SnR is not a form of punishment. It does not constrict discussion--it broadens the threshold.

F

Fayled Dhreams

pfffft!

Gripes, Rants and Venting. No matter where you stand, prepare to meet people to challenge your opinion. *Note that EAMythic does not participate in this forum.
:thumbsup: supposedly ... that's the "theme" for posters choosing to post >here<

Not being able to "handle" the topic in another section of stratics ...
MAKES this the "time out" corner ...
When it is uprooted and placed here.

Your "It is A-OK here" ...

is just a failed jedi mind trick ...

Like the crap thread started here
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-spiels-n-rants/237553-fyi-about-advice.html

First, free advice is not a God-given right .../failed jedi mind trick
Second, if you think that this thread is about you, you're wrong: this thread, like most things, is not all about you. .../failed jedi mind trick
:thumbsup: that is a >troll< ... /failed ... but a troll nonetheless.
states a premise based in a >personal perspective< ... ergo: personal attack.
co-premised in a "religious" manner
God has not been proven to "give" ANYTHING to human kind / universe et al.

back to this thread
Who you talking to?
The "forum" at large?
SnR is A-OK :talktothehand: pffffft!
OTnhb >was< A-OK
until the failed wannabe jedi "masters" :)eyes:) started moving stuff around to suit themselves ...

>themselves< ... NOT "the posters" ... the public ... the anonymous herd of the 'net ...

Oh! there WAS a "mission statement" ... yadda yadda yadda ...
:)eyes:)
/failed to date

*shrugs*

blasé :danceb: blasé

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you for writing. I've sent your message to our linguistics department. As soon as they get me a translation, I'll have a response for you.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A better name for this sub-forum would be "Trash Can."

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A better name for this sub-forum would be "Trash Can."
We already have one of them, and it is far less pretty than this forum is :)

If there is any desire to make this forum more than it is, then it is well within the realm of possibility for this forum to be that.
The first step would be the attitude you bring to this forum. If you consider it to be a "trash can", then the way you post will reflect that, and as such the forum will maintain that tone.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We already have one of them, and it is far less pretty than this forum is :)

If there is any desire to make this forum more than it is, then it is well within the realm of possibility for this forum to be that.
The first step would be the attitude you bring to this forum. If you consider it to be a "trash can", then the way you post will reflect that, and as such the forum will maintain that tone.
k

good luck

N

Nevyn

Oh, SnR, have you fallen? Used to be a fun forum on occasion.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:lol:

:scholar: soooo ... why ain't it? ... :lol:
The environment of a forum is largely down to the attitudes of its posters, and the manner in which that attitude shapes their posts.
It seems that a lot of people come here with the express intent of tearing down the things said by other posters, which is not really a solid foundation for a community. It not only discourages further participation by those that may want more, but also fosters an air of reinforcement of that behaviour.

At the risk of making more work for Kimi and Syrus, on a forum it's not really my place to do so on, perhaps if you desire something different from this forum, you should make that known to them.
I'm sure they'd appreciate your inputs :)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spiels And Rants.

Spiiiiiiiiiiels. And RAaaaaaants.

Where people come to rant shouldn't be assumed to be a happy-go-lucky land of flowers and sunshine and hugs and kisses.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Spiels And Rants.

Where people come to rant shouldn't be assumed to be a happy-go-lucky land of flowers and sunshine and hugs and kisses.
:thumbup1: well put.

At the risk of making more work for Kimi and Syrus, on a forum it's not really my place to do so on, perhaps if you desire something different from this forum, you should make that known to them.
:gee:
NOOB !!

:danceb: noob :danceb: nooba :danceb: noob :danceb: noobie​

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spiels And Rants.

I don't think there's a single person with their thumb in the SnR pie that believes there should be hugs and kisses.
I wouldn't object to some, but my thumb is holding station just within meddling range.
Nothing gets resolved if you keep it bottled up, so why not state your case for what you feel should be changed with SnR?

:gee:
NOOB !!

:danceb: noob :danceb: nooba :danceb: noob :danceb: noobie​
To tell the truth, I prefer "newbie", it just looks nicer as a word :)