• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Snooping can reveal!?!?

Q

Quilnn

I heard from another player that if you run with 100.0 Snooping, 100.0 Hiding, and 120.0 Stealthing while snooping another player who has no detecting skills, you retrieve a chance of being detected.

I thought that if you were at 100% of those 3 skills, they cannot detect you at all! What happened?!?! Is this true or false? Reply Please! :cursing:

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard from another player that if you run with 100.0 Snooping, 100.0 Hiding, and 120.0 Stealthing while snooping another player who has no detecting skills, you retrieve a chance of being detected.

I thought that if you were at 100% of those 3 skills, they cannot detect you at all! What happened?!?! Is this true or false? Reply Please! :cursing:
If you have 100.0 Snooping, you have a 100% chance to snoop undetected/revealed. (You don't even need Hiding or Stealth, just Snooping.)

Not sure what that other player was talking about.

(You probably didn't get any replies to this because you should be posting the pvp thief forum about these questions.)

K

kleos

I think snooping reveals, but that is not the same thing as being detected.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
It doesn't reveal until you attempt to snatch something. At champ spawns, when folks start on the champ, I use shadowjump to open everyones' packs at once. Then, I simply stay hidden and watch to see who gets the highest scroll. When I see it, I target it, shadowjump to the appropriate pack, hit my steal macro, hit wolf form, and get out.