• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Small warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I happened to post a sale thread a few pages back on this section of the forum that completed before the revert which sadly get all screwed up, the seller was a friend of mine and the buyer was a regular poster here. The sale was made on Napa and the gold was paid on ATL.

Long story short the seller is now out the gold and the buyer is up one item. Both myself and the seller have contacted the buyer and have been effectivly told to "pound sand" or something to those words. I'm not going to bother outing the guy but he is a regular trader here and you can search for my sale thread, it's currently on the third page and he is the only one who replied. 200 mil is a small amount of gold to bother with but it has come down to this as there is nothing else one can do.

Be warned, if something goes wrong when you are dealing with certain people there is a chance that they won't step up once things are sorted out.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Welcome to the club, during the beginning of December I sold billions in rares on pacific accepting gold on atlantic. These items were sold to 3 Sakura/Yamato shard collectors... none of which have/will repay me or even acknowledge what has happened.

It sucks.. but what can be done?...

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing other than leaving small referals to people so the same might not happen to them. It's a shame to see that an event like this would also be a time for people to screw others over pixel crack but really I'm not shocked.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Welcome to the club, during the beginning of December I sold billions in rares on pacific accepting gold on atlantic. These items were sold to 3 Sakura/Yamato shard collectors... none of which have/will repay me or even acknowledge what has happened.

It sucks.. but what can be done?...
I am just interested in them
may I do help your communication
Can you give me the them name? PM or icq

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I too am interested. I keep a journal on reported scammers. I take detailed notes down and a lot of people ask me about other sellers, I tend to check my notes. Please feel free to icq or pm any info my way, be as detailed as possible --thank you.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you aren't talking about me Picus, but just to put it out there. If anyone had any deals with me like the above (I don't recall any, but I'm not perfect... ), please contact me directly to let me know.

I'm sorry to hear the above happened to members of our community. Hopefully folks will have an attack of conscience and make good on their debts.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's me! i owe someone 200m no idea who. icq me at 567700354 or pm me here seller. I did 10+ deals over revert period and a few for same exact prices.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ah, there ya go ^_^ Goodmann has always been a man of his word

btw *coughs* goodmann you *cough* owe me a castle! You just have a crappy memory and don't remember *glances sideways*:eyes:

Last edited:

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It's me! i owe someone 200m no idea who. icq me at 567700354 or pm me here seller. I did 10+ deals over revert period and a few for same exact prices.

I can vouch for Goodman. We had a deal for the exact amount above and after i got back from my trip he made good on the reverted gold.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I can post a pic of the conversation him and I had with "Goodmann" this morning when he told me piss off and mind my own buisness. The same conversation also directly mentions that he was aware of the deal, who did the deal and that the seller was out of town the last few days so I'm sure he read his messages. I said that I did not wish to post this thread as it only makes the whole forum and all the traders look like the thiefs that people in U-Hall tend to call this area. At no point during the last two weeks did he reply to my friends ICQ messages.

It's a shame, a simple reply and the gold is all it would have took.

Keep the gold and the item, it's been written off to a thief.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay wait, has he said he won't pay you? Why are you writing the item and gold off to a thief when it looked like things were being worked out? I talked to Goodmann about this after you posted, and he said that he got mixed up, that he thought he already paid on the pillar, when in fact he paid some other guy for a different item... I am baffled because I have always had good deals with Goodmann and have known many who also have. I am talking in the billions of gold...

Last edited:

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have to agree with Decadence. I know I do not post much here and mostly do my deals via ICQ with ppl I know in the game but it seems that it was just a case of 2 ppl having the same scenario (including out of town trips) and he did pay me back the 200 mil. And for not responding to ICQs I can tell you from experience that there have been times that authorizations have not gone thru and I do not receive the other party's msg till dealing with board PMs. I just think there was a misunderstanding and I hope all parties involve will get it settled in a reasonable fashion.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I can post a pic of the conversation him and I had with "Goodmann" this morning when he told me piss off and mind my own buisness. The same conversation also directly mentions that he was aware of the deal, who did the deal and that the seller was out of town the last few days so I'm sure he read his messages. I said that I did not wish to post this thread as it only makes the whole forum and all the traders look like the thiefs that people in U-Hall tend to call this area. At no point during the last two weeks did he reply to my friends ICQ messages.

It's a shame, a simple reply and the gold is all it would have took.

It's funny the seller has NOT contacted me and I really don't even know who the hell you are beside some scrub that wants to cause trouble. Simple case there was a mix up on items. If the seller would like his item back that is fine CONTACT ME. If he wants gold that is fine CONTACT ME. I could name 10 people at least on this forums that would lend me billions of gold to hold and have no fear of losing it. I doubt you could say the same......

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If he wants to reply to my friends messages that is fine. I will update this thread if such is done but the conversations that we(my friend and I) have had in our ventrillo had come to the conclusion that the gold was lost and that Goodmann was not going to step up. Personally I don't care, I know what I would have done if I was the buyer. My friend had asked me to post this thread a few days ago but I had said "send one more message, send one more message". I should have just posted and been done with it all.

10 deals is not a sizable enough number to have forgotten whom one delt with. I do deals with far greater numbers of people than that every day not over two weeks, for real money in real life and I do not simply forget to get things right. A reputation is all one has in these silly online venues and one should attempt to keep it clean. To step up once this thread is made is great but silly. I'll let the two of them sort it out.

Thanks for all the replies.

Calling me a scrub does little to cement you as a stand up guy but nice job all the same, you knew exactly what I was talking abou this morning when I said that I would post this and you didn't care. People tend to react that way when know they are busted, having a temper tantrum does nothing to absolve you.

While I would love to reply more I shall just leave Mr. Goodmann's reply to speak for it's self. Really a top notch guy. I think shakespeare said it best "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Last edited:

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny the seller has NOT contacted me and I really don't even know who the hell you are beside some scrub that wants to cause trouble. Simple case there was a mix up on items. If the seller would like his item back that is fine CONTACT ME. If he wants gold that is fine CONTACT ME. I could name 10 people at least on this forums that would lend me billions of gold to hold and have no fear of losing it. I doubt you could say the same......
I would love to lend ya billions, but I am poor, trying to scrape up 125mil for Nabin, anyone wanna donate?

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did I hurt your feelings calling you a scrub? If you walk in a bear's cave don't cry when your attacked.
Keep the good fight of delivering false information in matters you have no business in. If you hurry you can go troll a thread in Uhall. Now where is my ignore button :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.