• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slot Count Issue

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Working on training one up. Started as a 2 slot. Advanced it once which should have carried it to a 3 slot right? But according to the lore menu it is now going from a 4 to a 5... yet... my follower slots are only at 4 even though I am mounted.

o_O

Thoughts?

Naj.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I swear I lost an advancement on my rune beetle.

Um its 3 slots or you'd be at 5 on your screen.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Um its 3 slots or you'd be at 5 on your screen.
That is what I was thinking. Hoping the 4 => 5 on the lore page is inaccurate. Was excited to get a 2 slot Naj so I could advance it a few times but it looks like I will only get two swings at it instead of three..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is what I was thinking. Hoping the 4 => 5 on the lore page is inaccurate. Was excited to get a 2 slot Naj so I could advance it a few times but it looks like I will only get two swings at it instead of three..
A 2 slot Naj would be OP.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I misread a 4->5 on the Lore screen this morning, put all my remaining points in HP so I could progress to the next round of training.

But once I did that, the training options disappeared. I was already at 5 slots.

Sent from mTalk

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend had a frost mite that did the same thing.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The other one I was training had less hp's when freshly tamed.. but this one being a 2 slot fresh tame? Hmmm.. gotta figure out how to get around the sudden jump from 2 to 4 on the lore page...

If the were going to make pets jump a couple of levels at any point.. shouldn't they have made the jump that level once they are tamed? Or am I just being moronic lol

fresh tame.jpg

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah... another post :D :D :D :D

Figured out how I will roll.. at least until they "fix" it lol

Two of them.. one 4 => 5 and the other 2 => 3... add in "As One"... 1771 hp's and errrr :D

how i will roll.jpg

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we would first need to know what the Dev's put into the system to calculate how and when a animal jumps up a level.
it could just be a issue of your 2 slot was just a point or 2 below the 3 slot level and once you added your points it bumped it up a level and a couple points to make it go yet another level.

im pretty sure i had this happen to one of mine in the first week.
i knew how many jumps i should have had but one dropped off.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This pet slot mess is one of the worst design flaws of an otherwise fun and interesting system.
They should just have made the slots fixed for each type of pet.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This pet slot mess is one of the worst design flaws of an otherwise fun and interesting system.
They should just have made the slots fixed for each type of pet.
They love doing **** like this. They can't just do things simply.

If they had just left pets slots based on type, and updated the pets that were OP for their slots, this system would have been 10x better. If slot base had not been changed from type to stats, you could still be rewarded by hunting high end stat pets, and you wouldn't have any of this confusing nonsense of pets going up in slots merely by gaining a few points of int or something, and none of the 1 slot pets being counted as 2 because they were given necro skill they don't even use.

This was brought up in test, but oh well.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They love doing **** like this. They can't just do things simply.

If they had just left pets slots based on type, and updated the pets that were OP for their slots, this system would have been 10x better. If slot base had not been changed from type to stats, you could still be rewarded by hunting high end stat pets, and you wouldn't have any of this confusing nonsense of pets going up in slots merely by gaining a few points of int or something, and none of the 1 slot pets being counted as 2 because they were given necro skill they don't even use.

This was brought up in test, but oh well.
I fully agree with you there.
They love to overcomplicate systems that could be near perfect otherwise. Refinements, I am looking at you.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Working on training one up. Started as a 2 slot. Advanced it once which should have carried it to a 3 slot right? But according to the lore menu it is now going from a 4 to a 5... yet... my follower slots are only at 4 even though I am mounted.
check the pet's skills. I have a pre taming patch rune beetle that was bumped from 3 slots to 4 slots without undergoing any training at all. It did have maxed out skills (all gm, poisoning at 125+, eval at 111+) though and I believe that skills are somehow part of the pet slot calculation. This would also explain why sometimes certain pets skip a training slot and go from 3 to 5 for example - could it be that during the training the pet gained so much skillpoints that it's slot requirement was bumped up?

If my asumption is correct and skill level is really a part of the slot requirement calculation then we have a problem. For example if I decide to only take my rune beetle to 4 slots, train it up and then all of a sudden max out it's skills and it gets bumped up another slot I might be screwed and can't ride my ethy anymore.

@Bleak @Kyronix could you maybe shed some light on this or look into the issue?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
check the pet's skills.
The Naj does have high skills when freshly tamed. The resist spell on this one was like 130 (can't check because Atlantic is dead this morning lol) and the fighting skills were in the 80 range if memory serves.

Pet is now 5 => 5 .. but still only 4 slots follower count and strangely enough still has the option to "begin animal training"..

hmmmm.jpg

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Naj does have high skills when freshly tamed. The resist spell on this one was like 130 (can't check because Atlantic is dead this morning lol) and the fighting skills were in the 80 range if memory serves.

Pet is now 5 => 5 .. but still only 4 slots follower count and strangely enough still has the option to "begin animal training"..

I had two dire wolves go from 1-2 from just getting thier str/dex to 125, but i had them out at the same time as a 3 slot and it didn't say anything, so I'm assuming there's some kind of bug.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If my asumption is correct and skill level is really a part of the slot requirement calculation then we have a problem.
Pretty sure it is. The only thing that changed with dires and HH's is that they both got 60-80 points worth of necro/ss/hiding, and they are both 2 slots now.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so I went back to the stable and checked my rune beetle again and it's the same as the situation described above: it still says 4-5 pet slots but when I open my statbar it says 3 control slots taken.

I then risked loosing a pet and claimed my nightmare who had also been bumped up 1 slot according to the animal lore gump and funnily enough I was able to control both pets, had 5/5 control slots in my stat bar and when I lore them they still say 4-5 for the rune and 3-4 for the nightmare.

So it really seems to be a bug with the animal lore gump...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so I went back to the stable and checked my rune beetle again and it's the same as the situation described above: it still says 4-5 pet slots but when I open my statbar it says 3 control slots taken.

I then risked loosing a pet and claimed my nightmare who had also been bumped up 1 slot according to the animal lore gump and funnily enough I was able to control both pets, had 5/5 control slots in my stat bar and when I lore them they still say 4-5 for the rune and 3-4 for the nightmare.

So it really seems to be a bug with the animal lore gump...
The numbers in the lore gump are only supposed to take effect once you start the training process.

Rune beetles and Cu are good examples of this: a fresh tamed RB will be 3 control slots regardless of what the lore gump says. However, if you hit the blue begin training dot, the slots in the lore gump take over and most of them immediately become 4 slots. Cus go the other way... fresh tames will be 4 slots, but hitting the blue button will drop most of them to 3. I believe this is working as intended (the idea was to leave original pets as they were slotwise).

The rub is when the gump says 2-5 so you start your training as a level 2... but before you finish the training the pet jumps to level 3 because it gained a few dex points from fighting. Then when you finish the training you jump to a level 4 pet.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would nice if they would fix the slot count although I'm afraid they just nerf the 2 slot pets up to 3 slot

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok so we have two separate issues we're dealing with here...
Yes before training, a pre publish nightmare is 2 slots. So, that would be an issue if they "fixed" it. Cus lose a pet slot when you start training.

They should have made all trainables have a set slot count. But I think we are past that point.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Our High Plains Boura also went from 2 to 3 in the Lore info DURING it's training towards 100%. Aze now walks around with 5 follower slots but 6 in theory. We wonder, did you stable the Naja and claim it again since it "jumped" one level? Curious whether that affects the control slots on you...

And also curious when our HPB reaches 5, whether he will also still have a "begin animal training" or not, we doubt so as we expect him to go to 4 with completing the first training. Thanks for sharing your info!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We wonder, did you stable the Naja and claim it again since it "jumped" one level? Curious whether that affects the control slots on you...
Interesting story on the Boura..

I stabled it a few times along the way and was not looking to see if that is when the slot count jumped and was no longer the same as the "follower count", I just knew the slot count on the pet was one more than my follower count was. I did stable him yesterday and the slot and follower count both are now a 5/5.. but according to the lore menu he is still in an active training in the 100% mode training (even though he is not 5 => 5 but he has not gained even a .01 even though I have fought with him quite a bit since that point.

Kontamination.jpg

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having the same issue with my Frost mite. I set up all my skill and when I hit the Begging training it just to 5/5, but can't gain any progress. Wonder if their a bug on the pet that can jump slot. It was a 2/5 and was careful the in training progress.