• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Anatomy] SLOOOWWWW Gains

R

Rocklin

I have been grinding away in the Yomatsu Mines. With the time I have had to play this week I am at 106.8 Swords, 120 Parry, with GM Tactics etc. What is moving SLOW is Anatomy. I am worried my Swords is too far up for me to gain decent in Anatomy. I recall in times past you didn't want skills to get to far apart. I can't remember if it was Tactics and weapon skill linked or if this matters. The end result though is Anatomy is CREEPING SO SLOW. Any thoughts?

A

Arch Magus

Go whirlwind some spawn, you'll see some gains I believe.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For fast anat gains use a 2nd account to trap a box or wear cloak of corruption.

On your sampire use bandaids on him, use anat between gains, and beat on an ogre lord or golem. You will go up really fast.

A

Arch Magus

For fast anat gains use a 2nd account to trap a box or wear cloak of corruption.

On your sampire use bandaids on him, use anat between gains, and beat on an ogre lord or golem. You will go up really fast.
That seems like a great way to do it.:thumbsup:

I doubt that your average player has a second account ready to go, though.

K

korak

I was having the same problem with anat going slow but it gm'ed before I hit 120 swords so if your not in a huge hurry it should raise fine (at least mine did but it was slow also).

C

Connor_Graham

You could also head down to the 3rd level of Despise and beat on Ettins and Trolls for a while.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gaining anatomy is not based on the skill of your targets. (Other than tactics) You dont need to be in a hurry to take it en par with your fighting skill. If you are really desperate for anatomy gains, you could sit somewhere and use the skill over and over again onto some npcs. (Easy done with kr macroing but stupidly boring to watch.)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can you gain anatomy while hitting your own blue pet (non-guilded)? I know I've used this method for bushido (endless lightning strikes) on my pet rabbit. But I've never had anatomy set to go up during that training. If it works, that might be a good method.

Another option would be to go somewhere like yew crypts where you have an endless supply of skeletons. Since the difficulty of the monsters doesn't matter you just need to keep swinging and hitting. I used to use this method for lumberjacking (back in the day) and it worked well for both LJ and anatomy.

-OBSIDIAN-