• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slime training etc

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
. What do you train the slimes with at the very beginning when they are very weak? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Riply

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
Never did slime taming, skilling, but looking at the game mechanics, first will need 5 stable slots free to stash them, then 1 week to bond them, then would try training as many of them as possible same time, like all 5, on things like a disarmed Gregorio, after a little time with Spectral Soulbinders in New Haven, possibly try those first. Possibly looking at a slow process but you will end up saving massive time in the long run, when you try to train Healing on different pets, so really not a horrible investment in time. Thinking of getting an EJ tamer or make a tamer out of unused character and get him the 5 slimes, and stash them for future use. Actually you got me thinking, so I might try desert snakes instead, and train them this way on an unused character with some minimal taming.

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did this with five bonded slimes by having them attack a guilded character's unicorn that was told not to fight back. The unicorn was only trained enough to boost it's hit points, hit point regen, and physical resist. Since the unicorn can't be poisoned, it could stand up to the slimes while being supported by consume damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a pet tank the Crazy mage and put the slimes on?

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I assume training refers to advanced pet training and not simply raising skills.

Bond it, then go to the crazed mage and spam poison field with non-poisoning character to keep him casting cure spells. Make sure he attacks your pet and not you, to speed things up. At around 60-70% training, the mage starts to resist poison and one-shots your slime (or any other low end pet). If he kills it and you got GM poisoning on a character, use a soulstone and go back to the mage. Now your poison field spell is upgraded, and he will fail curing more often, preventing him again from casting offensive spells. Your pet will still die 5-6 times until you complete the training round, but it is really fast, especially, if your pet is in power hour.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
. What do you train the slimes with at the very beginning when they are very weak? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Riply
Tank dread pirate with ruddy or lowland Boura, better with provocation buff(no need healing macro) .
If training poison skill only - use Gregorio the brigand with same setup or shadow elemental, or Ortanords.

For advanced training Crazed mage IMO is worst for beetles, slimes or any other weak pet because of one-shot ability.. UEV can be tanked with 2-slot (leaving 3slots for slimes) fresh Triton and not often switch targets.

@mihali
newly created character with 50 taming , 50 lore , 20 vet (total 120)
and jewels +13 taming , lore, veternary (39*2=78)
need to have 2 more skill points to get 200 in animal-related, skills which will give total 5 stable slots. Just buy some more veterinary and you are good to go.
Ring and bracelet no need crystalline black Rock this way. Cheap and efficient.

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I am planning to train 5 slimes to get to the point of training healing on my other pets.
Great ideas here thank you.
I have two accounts with tamers.
One account is currently training my first CU.
The second account has 5 slimes that will be bonded in a few days.
I was thinking of letting the slimes train on my discorded CU with the the command stay stop on it.
Would I need to create a guild so that the slimes would be able to attack the CU?
Gregorio or the unicorn option would sound like the safest way to start as well.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Yes I am planning to train 5 slimes to get to the point of training healing on my other pets.
Great ideas here thank you.
I have two accounts with tamers.
One account is currently training my first CU.
The second account has 5 slimes that will be bonded in a few days.
I was thinking of letting the slimes train on my discorded CU with the the command stay stop on it.
Would I need to create a guild so that the slimes would be able to attack the CU?
Gregorio or the unicorn option would sound like the safest way to start as well.
But your slimes will also train poisoning while biting your Cu . 0 reasons to use Gregorio or Unicorn for this .
They will also train themselves in focus and Med => increased stamina and swing speed.
Also keep eye on wrestling of a victim pet for faster slimes gain to GM . Use fresh tamer Cute or discord your current one if needed

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First thing i did with my 5 Slimes after they bonded, is that i got them up to GM Resist skill with Spectral Spellbinders. Once at GM Resist skill, i allowed the Spectral Spellbinders to continue casting on them, this quickly got them up to 125 STR/DEX. It does take some time though to do this with 5 pets individually. However, getting them up to 125 DEX this way, speeds up their other training since they swing faster.
Once all of them were at 125 DEX, i took them to a disarmed Gregorio, and allowed them to train Wrest up on him, and once they stopped gaining Wrest, i discorded them, and they gained some more Wrest on him (up until at least 80s real skill). At that point, i had another char's pet tank a 80s-90s Wrest Shadow Ore Ele in Yomotsu Mines, and got my Slimes up to GM Wrest on it. Once at GM Wrest, i take them back to Gregorio, and let them GM Poisoning on him.

At 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning, five Slimes (or Snakes) will keep a pet constantly under Lethal Poison basically, which will get a pet up to 110.0 Healing skill. 120 if the Healing pet is discorded.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thing i did with my 5 Slimes after they bonded, is that i got them up to GM Resist skill with Spectral Spellbinders. Once at GM Resist skill, i allowed the Spectral Spellbinders to continue casting on them, this quickly got them up to 125 STR/DEX. It does take some time though to do this with 5 pets individually. However, getting them up to 125 DEX this way, speeds up their other training since they swing faster.
Once all of them were at 125 DEX, i took them to a disarmed Gregorio, and allowed them to train Wrest up on him, and once they stopped gaining Wrest, i discorded them, and they gained some more Wrest on him (up until at least 80s real skill). At that point, i had another char's pet tank a 80s-90s Wrest Shadow Ore Ele in Yomotsu Mines, and got my Slimes up to GM Wrest on it. Once at GM Wrest, i take them back to Gregorio, and let them GM Poisoning on him.

At 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning, five Slimes (or Snakes) will keep a pet constantly under Lethal Poison basically, which will get a pet up to 110.0 Healing skill. 120 if the Healing pet is discorded.
Nice write up this is exactly what I was looking for.
Another quick question on training a pet in the early stages. Is it better to take freshly tamed pet and raise all its skills before pushing the first blue taming button? Will this create more points for other things at the very end of the taming process?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Nice write up this is exactly what I was looking for.
Another quick question on training a pet in the early stages. Is it better to take freshly tamed pet and raise all its skills before pushing the first blue taming button? Will this create more points for other things at the very end of the taming process?
This text was about training 5 slimes without leveling them.
If you want 2slot slimes you need to push blue button and train pet as fast as possible to get to 100% of training. Gaining as less skills and stats as possible. This will give you more points to allocate. Once at 100% points quantity is solid and you can train stats on spellblinders etc... Get 125 Dex , 125 str , then increase stamina.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This text was about training 5 slimes without leveling them.
If you want 2slot slimes you need to push blue button and train pet as fast as possible to get to 100% of training. Gaining as less skills and stats as possible. This will give you more points to allocate. Once at 100% points quantity is solid and you can train stats on spellblinders etc... Get 125 Dex , 125 str , then increase stamina.
Yes yall NOOBs here need to use the proper terms.

Training a pet involves increasing the % to allow points to be added. When the pet is maximum slots there is no more training to be done.

Skilling a pet involves raising skill points the pet has.

They are 2 separate things. A tamer has an ability to help accomplish these one of these 2 things. Whisper is for skill gains. Every 24 or so hours a pet will have increased training gains for an hour. I rarely see that because I train them in one session.

This thread should be called: Slime Skill gains, what are good methods? Or is the OP trying to increase the slots of a Slime?

My Title on the left side tells you how I feel about one of these things.

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking on how to train lethal poison the most efficient way so that I can then use them to train my pets up to 120 healing skill. My apologies for the confusion. Gwen had answered my one question that since I had two separate accounts with tamers I could then train them up just having them attack a freshly tamed CU.
But reading player skilled post, if I wanted to raise the skills of 5 slimes for hunting reasons that is also very helpful as well.
The title of my original post should have read. How do you raise the poisoning skill of 5 slimes the fastest.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I was looking on how to train lethal poison the most efficient way so that I can then use them to train my pets up to 120 healing skill. My apologies for the confusion. Gwen had answered my one question that since I had two separate accounts with tamers I could then train them up just having them attack a freshly tamed CU.
I was going to try that method first.
Thank you both.
account with slimes need no taming skill at all. Slimes are 23.1 so any character can command them . Snakes need more taming.
You can give slimes to your fisher. . They dissolve boots

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you raise the poisoning skill of 5 slimes the fastest.
Yup then I would not have opened the thread. Sounds like the most boring thing in the world to do. :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes to those players who have been taming for many years that’s very true. :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But reading player skilled post, if I wanted to raise the skills of 5 slimes for hunting reasons that is also very helpful as well.
The title of my original post should have read. How do you raise the poisoning skill of 5 slimes the fastest.
Getting Slimes to attack as fast as they can and successfully land hits as often as they can is how you speed up training their Poisoning skill, for this they need 125 DEX/Stam and GM Wrest (which i explained how to do on them). Slimes aren't actually used for hunting, the best 1 slot creatures to use for actual hunting (asides from exploited 1 slot Blood Foxes) is Wolf Spiders.