• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slime Sightings!!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please if you find a slime...when they become available to be found....post the location and color here. These are tough lil buggers to find and I would love to give everyone the opportunity to take advantage of these while they last. I'll keep this post updated whenever I or anyone else finds these slimy lil dye tubs lol.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this something that is supposed to arrive along with the Publish 57? How in the heck does a slime work? I'm so lost and noone is offering a map. :blushing:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this something that is supposed to arrive along with the Publish 57? How in the heck does a slime work? I'm so lost and noone is offering a map. :blushing:
LOL Sorry Mama it's from this...

[SIZE=-1]Slime Event[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Slimes are on the move! Driven out of their dungeons by the dark forces corrupting the land, a special variety of slimes are making random appearances throughout the world for next few weeks after publish. Researchers have discovered that these specially hued slimes can dye artifacts and magically enhanced items! They tend to stay in an area for two days before moving to a new location and shifting their hue.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]There are a total of 35 colors: 30 minor Tokuno dyes, and 5 new hues.[/SIZE]
It's the rest of the UO worlds version of the Japanese slime event earlier this year. If you find a slime you can use it to color artifacts and other nifty things (not sure of everything yet)

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent! Thank you so much "Dude". :bowdown: I just had to say that since Ill isn't here to torture you. Will these slimes show up when the publish moves to our shards or is it already active? So many questions....so little time! *grin*

Ack! I read this post before I read your post about the publish going live tomorrow. Question asked and answered. Thank you again Ori!!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Mama. I try to keep everyone up to date. But yes indeed so many neat things so lil time!!

Soo...Who wants to do a Champ Spawn tomorrow night!!!

*raises hand*

B

Biske

LOL Mama. I try to keep everyone up to date. But yes indeed so many neat things so lil time!!

Soo...Who wants to do a Champ Spawn tomorrow night!!!

*raises hand*
Who wants to raid it?

*raises hand*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who wants to raid it?

*raises hand*
Some how I knew that would get you going lol. There's plenty of Spawns to do other places, and Besides if I go to Fel you'll never know it's me :p

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOOK OUT! INCOMING POOFY SLIME! :danceb:

Look how cute the bugger is... Would you kill this little guy for some dye...??? Okay, don't answer that. Heh. :lick:

M

Millie

The Slime are at the Brit cross roads above the farms today. I have found that if you don't have a weapon in your hand it's better. If you hit them with a weapon they pop away. I have found that if you chase them for awhile and then stop they will come back and attack you. That seems to be the best time to click them and dye. If your fast you can get 2 dyes off. They don't seem to do much phy. damage but they do poison you. Have fun running and Dyeing :)

M

Millie

Omg. I didn't have protection cast on me so I couldn't get a spell off and one of the slime chased me all the way to Brit bank and did not stop un till it killed me. I think that I was pet bugged, because it was only the one . Lesson learned for me, Protection spell is a your friend when dealing with these slime.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look how cute the bugger is... Would you kill this little guy for some dye...??? Okay, don't answer that. Heh. :lick:
You bet I will. *LOL* Actually, we don't even have to kill him to make him dye stuff but it's so much fun to watch. I was invis'd and watching slimes run by with numerous players in tow. It made my day and I laughed more than I have in a while.

Millie.....thank you for telling us where the slimes were. It made it so much easier than running all the lands.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Bunches Millie!! This is the kind of team work we need!! I only ghad a lil bit of time to play with the slimes myself, but it was hysterical!! Never found a color I liked though. Maybe tomorrow?

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You bet I will. *LOL* Actually, we don't even have to kill him to make him dye stuff but it's so much fun to watch. I was invis'd and watching slimes run by with numerous players in tow. It made my day and I laughed more than I have in a while.

Millie.....thank you for telling us where the slimes were. It made it so much easier than running all the lands.
It's liked the Pied Piper...except with Slimes and in reverse! I can dig it. :love:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew that you could.:party:
(Now I'll spend the rest of the night trying to remember what movie that phrase came from.) :lick:
Oooh! The first time I heard it was in the movie, The Warriors. So classic! Granted, there weren't any slimes that could hue one's items/clothing (in the movie); still an oldie but goody!

M

Millie

I sure you all ready Know but the slime are in the back corner of Doom today. I wouldn't go alone. In the in closed area they all attack you.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh thanks Millie!! actually i didn't know :( The slippery lil suckers are making me nuts!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case anyone is interested the Slimes are currently in the round room 2nd level in the Sorcerer's Dungeon in Ilsh. It's messy though so be careful, Lots of Paragon LL's, PE's, and Blood ele's. This Thread on Uhall seems to be keeping the locations and colors pretty up to date. Good Hunting!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update: Today 01/08/09: Slimes are in the very back of the Yomatsu Mines. Colors have yet to be determined. I will Update as soon as I can.

Confirmed so far: Deep Forest green, Light Tan

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update: Slimes currently at the Necromancer Arena north of Umbra.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's also a champagne red color that is sort of a deep pinkish hue.

T

The_Ox

What is the secret to finding the slimes i have searched and searched and can not seam to find them. By the way anyone know were they are today?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The slimes will be kick started again after maintenance in the morning. Again check the Uhall thread at the end of it, they have been really good with keeping locations updated.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still at the Necromancy Arena, as of the time of this post.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AS of this morning the slimes are back in the Sorcerer's Dungeon in Ilshenar.

They are in the round room again. It's full of big bad meanies but it never hurts to try.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The slimes are in the Fire Dungeon, Fel, at the bridge. That's in between the teleporters to Despise and Destard, and the Fire Spawn in the back.

Colors I noticed were Light Tan, Dark Forest Green and all the regular colors.

Pretty safe area in terms of monster spawn (there is no monster spawn at all in that area), but that's a high traffic area for PvP so be careful.