• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slasher of Veils ( what a joke)

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to run by the Slasher and get froze. I had time to use two bandaids and chug 2 heal pots and still couldnt move so i died. How in the HELL is this possable? Well it is and it is bull****. How in the hell is EA going to put a monster in the game you cant even fight because your froze for more then 12 seconds. If your gonna make it were your froze that long at least make it were you can defend yourself. It is rediculas that you cant even run by him without getting froze and killed. It would be different if i was some noob just starting the game but i have the best of everything with a finished legendary char. i mean come on i have 100 alchemy with 50 ep my pots heal for alot and my aids heal for 30 to 35. I was able to stay alive 12 to 15 seconds but i could not move all i could do was heal.

W

Wonton fooey

My archer only gets frozen for a second but he has 115 resist. Slasher is meant to be a party monster. It wasn't intended for you to go up against him alone. You need other people to distract him while you are frozen or rez you if you die while frozen.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, I feel your pain. Typically, when I'm heading into the Abyss, I'll glance at the map to see which portion I plan to hunt in. If I'm hunting in the western portion, I enter through the Underworld/Fire Island; if I'm hunting in the eastern portion, I enter through the Tomb of Kings/Ter Mur. Not only is it faster, but I don't have to run past Slasher. :D

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i by no means ment to fight the creatures alone. somone had dragged it from its spot so they could use it to kill other monsters i guess. I just happened to be running through and got wacked lol. I am not as mad about it now that i have slept on it. Yeah i guess resist would help some but who can put resist on all chars. i build tight templates and resist is not always an option expecially sense i carry a trap box and have 105 chiv.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you chug an invis pot while you're frozen?
thankfullly many of my chars have hide/stealth so i can stealth through is lair. still get frozen, but at least i'm hidden so he can't find me.
i agree though. being frozen for just long enough to get killed sucks. been killed in the underworld b/c of that, when approaching the trapped hallway to the puzzle room.

E

Evlar

somone had dragged it from its spot so they could use it to kill other monsters i guess.
As far as I know, the Slasher has always been "pinned" to the central town area and can't be lured out of the town. Drag it to the town boundary and it will always pop back to the middle.

It's the other mini-champs that have been fixed so you can't drag the [Renown] critters around...

... I'm gonna miss my hunting partner, the Renown Faery :sad2:

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I feel your frustration with the Hash Slinging Slasher, and have been nailed to the floor by him on several occasions, I find that approaching his area of operations gets my adrenaline running a bit in anticipation. Overall, I am happy that he is a challenge, and view him as such.

C

Cruxshadow

get a piece of invis clothing/jewlery and have it unsured in your backpack for situations like this. if you get frozen, just throw on an invis cape or something

G

georgemarvin2001

My warrior has resist and my mage has stealth, so getting past Slasher isn't even a minor annoyance to me. But I can see how most sampires would have a real problem with him. I would suggest taking an invisibility pot to get past him. Using a trapped box won't unfreeze you? The invisibility earrings are getting harder and harder to find these days. But your alchemist can make the invisibility potions for cheap.