Slasher of veils - can we solo?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

kim_m007

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 3, 2007
Hey all, I tried to solo Slasher recently with my sampire. I wasnt doing too bad until he started to drop those stones on my head, from there I kept dieing over and over again.
Anybody knows if there is a specific tactics or place to stand to avoid the stones?
I also had my bard there for discor and songs but that didnt help once the stones started to drop.

Any help is much appreciated! Many Thanks

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
https://stratics.com/community/threads/warrior-challenge-sep-2014-slasher-of-veils.320564/

That thread has a lot of info about soloing slasher as a melee char. I think the popular template according to that thread was a discorder sampire template. It would be very difficult to solo slasher as a pure sampire though because of the rocks. A sampire with anat & healing might work well against it, as you can heal with bandies/use pots while your stunned and getting hit by the rocks.

I personally use a Mystic Fencer to solo him. Takes about 20-30mins. Use stone form to boost resists to 75's and stop curses/bleeds etc. I use a leaf blade for AI and Feint (which helps reduce the damage from the rocks). Heal with anat/healing and healing stone. If your ever in any trouble Sleep the enemy and heal up. Can also use Rc's to help take some damage of you.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
My ninja has been out of use for some time and I am considering turning him into a mystic fencer. What do you rin? Was thinking
Mystic
fencing
tactics
an at
heal
focus/ rests.
what do you run??

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
I would try
120 weapon/mystic/focus
120 bushido
60-120 parry
90-120 chivalry
100-120 tactics

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
Is the 60-120 value and 90-120 that you listed indicating to use items to achieve? ? Ta could you elaborate a little on set up please.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
No. 60-120 means some value between 60 and 120. I suggest you to get 60 skill on jewels.

For example,
1) 120 bushido, 60 parry, 120 chivalry, 120 tactics (780)
2) 120 bushido, 100 parry, 90 chivalry, 100 tactics (770)
3) 120 bushido, 60 parry, 90 chivalry, 120 tactics (750)
etc

With 120 chivalry you can get 15 SSI bonus.
With 100 parry Evasion and CS are more effective

You may even drop bushido to 80 and go without parrying: 80 bushido, 90 chivalry, 120 tactics, 120 anatomy
There are a lot of possibilities. 120 weapon/mystic/focus are must. You need 100+ tactics (specials and DI) and at least one of 80 bushido and 80 chivalry (damage bonus). Other is your choice.
You needn't Resisting Spells. I suggest you to have protection on. And I heard that refinement bonus doesn't work with Stone Form (though I don't know).

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
Excellent. So basically run with stone form and close woundd/ confidence for healing? And healing stone and the odd cleansing wind. I'll play with numbers and see what I can do.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
Thinking jewels are tricky. Assuming i need 15/15 hci /dci
Then if I go with 15 skill Inc on each for last 2 mods would I go 2/1 fcr and fc?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
If you are going to solo Slasher it's better to have 120 parry for max block (vs Stone Rain). But I don't sure you will be able to survive it without healing skill since you haven't damage reduction from dragon barding. But because you have a slayer against Slasher you can replace chivalry with healing via Solestone for this concrete monster.
There is -2 FC penalty in Stone Form but I don't know if it can get you to negative value. As I heard people use protection+stone form without any FC items (but I don't know).

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
My build is:

120 mystic
120 focus
120 fencing
96 tactics
74 (100) healing - +26 healing on jewelry
90 (100) anatomy - +10 anat on talisman
100 bushido

Use Feint to reduce damage against the stone rocks. Healing & healing stone is more than enough to survive against it if you have Feint active. I don't use chivalry but honor & a daemon slayer weapon gets to max damage.

The suit is kinda tricky to gear. This is what I run with.

---- Jewelry----

10SSI
15DCI
15HCI
25DI
+13healing

Tinker legs
cleanup talisman with +anatomy
prismatic lenses
crimmy
despicable quiver
conj robe
legendaries :)

If your using a leafblade you need 30SSI on ur suit/weapons and 150+ stam(something like that). I run with the items above so I can get away with having 0 SSI on weapons, enabling me to get to 96 mana leech. I use protection too so FC/FCR isnt needed. The only spells I really use while fighting are RC and Sleep.

Reactions: SpellBreaker

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 3, 2004
California
If you are going to solo Slasher it's better to have 120 parry for max block (vs Stone Rain). But I don't sure you will be able to survive it without healing skill since you haven't damage reduction from dragon barding. But because you have a slayer against Slasher you can replace chivalry with healing via Solestone for this concrete monster.
There is -2 FC penalty in Stone Form but I don't know if it can get you to negative value. As I heard people use protection+stone form without any FC items (but I don't know).
can't go neg :)

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
Excellent input guys. Liking the set up there and like idea of having healing also, I got a ton of arties to choose from and I got a nice ssi set between think legs; jewels; and cloak I can get to 40 ssi ( with town bonus)

guess I will do a ton of tmaps and put suit together then play around with skills.

Thank you very much.

Also I was wondering at the 96tactics. I thought the damage boost wwent in 10 skill increments? ??

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
yea I think you are right about the tactics increments. The plan was to have 90 tactics but in the end I had 6.0 skill points left over. Wasn't sure what to do with those extra points so I just stuck them in tactics for now heh. Might change it around in the future but for now the template works like a treat. Managed to solo Corgul and Scalis using that template too ;)

As for knowing when Slasher is gna use his stone rocks.. well, you don't. Slasher is pretty strong and with only healing & healing stone to heal myself with, I normally keep feint on 100% of the time. It has a duration of about 5 seconds or so, so just cast it again after every 4 or 5 melee hits

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
Dude I am totally stealing your template. Only will have 90 tactics and 80 healing :p

suit might take a few days to gather arties but my archer suit will work ok to start pit and will just change out the studded pieces to legendary as I get them. Do you run lrc?? Ta.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Margaritaville
I run a pretty simple set up:
120 Mace
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Resist
100 Healing
80 Bushido
60 Parry

I use a war axe with (demon slayer, hit life and mana at 75%, DI 30, and HSL 44%).

I prefer maces because I beat his stamina to zero in about 2 minutes or less.

I use a barded swampie, with mount set to mouse wheel (I use UOA in 2d). I can easily heal through the rocks and take him down in just under 20 minutes toe to toe.

Reactions: SpellBreaker