• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Skill window additions

T

Tukaram

I was wondering if any of you wonderful mod'ders might know how to change the settings on the skill window. I would really love to have the caps and modified displayed when the window opens.

I have the skill window open at startup but then I have to go in and display the cap and modified every time.

The skill window from UOA is one of the big things I miss (that and the bags-hotsell, undress etc). The UOA skills window could be arranged by skill points, lock, etc.

Just wondering, thanks.

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering if any of you wonderful mod'ders might know how to change the settings on the skill window. I would really love to have the caps and modified displayed when the window opens.
You have to make a macro or mod UI.

You can make a macro like this
But you can't use macro on startup :(
You have to mod UI to do it too.

Open Skill window
Code:
script if(SkillsWindow.SkillDataMode==0) then SkillsWindow.SkillDataMode=1 end
script if(SkillsWindow.SkillCapMode==0) then SkillsWindow.SkillCapMode=1 end
script SkillsWindow.ToggleSkillsWindow()
Open Skill Tracker
Code:
script SkillsWindow.SkillsTrackerToggleLButtonUp()

T

Tukaram

Cool thanks. Now I get to play with it and see if I can make a mod. I can manipulate code pretty well, I just don't how to write it anymore. (My programming classes were on DOS 1.1.) I have let technology pass me by...

T

Tukaram

I made a macro with each of those in it's own command line box, I made one macro with both in one command line box, and I made two macros, one for each in a command line. I couldn't get it to work.

What do I need to do with these??

I am actually at least halfway computer savvy but I have a long way to go on this UI bit.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think at one point during KR we had it so that the Skills window would open to the last tab that was active... not sure if that holds true for EC or not.

As for setting it to Custom, I think I found it... let me try a quick test... ok, yes that worked.

Grab SkillsWindow.LUA from the Default Source directory and open it in a text editor (Notepad 2 is best probably)

Go to line 121 and change:

Code:
data.activeTab = 1
to

Code:
data.activeTab = 8
Or if you don't have line numbers look down about 100 or so lines till you see:

Code:
-- Set the active tab to "MISC"
	data = {}
	data.activeTab = 1
	data.numTabs = table.getn(tabContents)
	--Debug.PrintToDebugConsole(L"SkillsWindow.Initialize: data.numTabs =  "..StringToWString(tostring(data.numTabs)))
And change the 1 to an 8.

That will open to the custom tab. I'll see if I can throw in the old KR code to make it based on the last tap open.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
for the life of me I cant get this to work I have changed it in every place i can find even the default zip file and it refuses to work! Its not really a big deal just bugs me when i cant get things to work!

T

Tukaram

Thanks Decors!

I figured out a macro for it. Three command lines with one these lines in each:
script SkillsWindow.SkillsTrackerToggleLButtonUp()

Works great! I tried with a mod but it didn't want to cooperate. But clicking one macro is easy enough. :thumbup1:

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologize for the delay. I had a bad cold.

I just noticed actually you don't need if statement.
So you can use single line command.

Code:
script SkillsWindow.SkillDataMode=1 SkillsWindow.SkillCapMode=1 SkillsWindow.SkillsTrackerToggleLButtonUp()
I can't test it right now but probably you can paste it into one command action.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have the skill window open at startup but then I have to go in and display the cap and modified every time.

The skill window from UOA is one of the big things I miss (that and the bags-hotsell, undress etc). The UOA skills window could be arranged by skill points, lock, etc.

Just wondering, thanks.
Good suggestion, i will intigrate a save function for this in my interface, hope to get it ready until the next release.