• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill loss of pets

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
So the official site says all skill can be gained till 100, unless it's above a 100, then whatever it's at is its cap. Fine, but when a pet dies it loses 0.1 skill points of all skills upon Resurrection...the guide then says these points can be regained. However, I now have a turtle dragon that does indeed regain lost skill except for magery. It started at 113 and is now 112.3... not gaining at all. Someone on chat said dragon turtles don't gain magery, which is why people don't use them? Is this true? Bug or feature? I thought they're supposed be greater dragons with different graphics... so greater dragons can't regain magery as well? What's the deal here?

Also, where can I find the pet rating everyone mentions (4.0, 4.2,...)?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
First I have heard of it honestly. I will check it out to see if I get those same kind of results. Also, have you tried using the Whisper mastery deal on it?

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Yes, I've used that. All skills raise fine, except for magery. Perhaps it doesn't raise as quickly, because it's very high.. but then again, I did 2 hours of training, using that whispering mastery twice..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
wow... shouldda picked up at least a dang .1 during that time for sure.

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can try to discord it to lower its skills, and use it to cast on a swoop stuck on the ledge or something. I don't know if it will work but I use discord on my pets that have dropped below 120 skills like resist, poisoning, and wrestling before.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I have many chars, even a bard, but only with provo. I'll try it in time, though. I'd like to know whether what that person sold me in help chat is true, though.. perhaps dragon turtles are bugged?

And where can I find this pet rating in-game that people keep talking about? "Selling 4.2 dragon".. 4.2...?

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use the method odin described above, and have had success with my pets, I have not tried with DT, I will try this evening.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When you say you had success, you're saying they gained specifically in magery skill above 100?
Yes specifically Greater drags, I wait till swoop fly's up on rocks then I grab a satyr get them to disco GD then attack swoop. Doesn't take long after that point.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
My dragon turtle finally gained quite a bit of magery skill. In dungeon Doom. Before that, fighting dragons and greater dragons did nothing for magery...somehow.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
All mine always regain it back to their cap.
When they are stubborn to gain it back, I just toss them against Navrey and by the time Navrey dies they will have gained a few points back.