• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

+Skill Gear

X

XCodes

Just how much can you boost bard skills with gear? Aside from Rings and Amulets? Also, where might I get a hold of such items?

R

RichDC

Just how much can you boost bard skills with gear? Aside from Rings and Amulets? Also, where might I get a hold of such items?
Well youve got, +10mark of travesty for 2music skills(head slot)
Talisman with bard skills, dont remember exact numbers.
Arms with +10music
Axe with +5music.

The arms and axe can be crafted by a tailor(arms) and smith(axe). The arms can only be worn by elves the rest is universal.

The talisman comes from the library turn in or a player vendor.

The mark comes from the peerless boss Travesty

X

XCodes

Hmm, I see. Alright, in that case I'd need to do soulstone shenanigans to get my idea to work unless I manage to find some really uber jewelery.

R

RichDC

The talisman give +5music and +5provoke, may i ask what was your idea?

X

XCodes

The talisman give +5music and +5provoke, may i ask what was your idea?
I wanted to pack the following skills all onto one character:

100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
92 Magery
100 Fishing
120 Musicianship
120 Provocation
120 Peacemaking
120 Discordance

The Magery is at 80 real and uses a +12 Magery spellbook to bring it up to 92, which should give 100% success with most of the important utility spells, and even Energy Vortexes if I pack some scrolls. The music skills will probably all be in the 90's for real skill, depending on what kind of gear I can get to boost them.

Leaving out either Discordance or Fishing makes it easy, as does having a couple soulstones (I could switch out Cartography and Fishing that way, depending on what I needed). For now, I'll probably leave Discordance behind and skill up Fishing to help fund those soulstones. I should be able to bard everything short of Leviathan and Ancient Wyrms spwaned at level 6 chests.

Given that there isn't much outside of the above listed items, I'd need rings with a few double-digit bonuses to bard skills to even get close.