• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skele Liches

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Please make them bounce back to spawn point like the Grim Reapers did.
Thank you.
That is all.

X

Xel Naga

Thank you.
That is all.
Yes pls, tired of people kiting it far away from the GY or into a private house so they can solo it without risk :(

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they the one dropping the undead talisman with 10 hci, 20 dmg inc?

X

Xel Naga

Would also be nice if devs could actually test the spawning nodes of the GY invasion npcs as almost all of them now end up underneath the floor tiles in several graveyards making it trivial and no challenge at all. In the end, a free kill and easy farmable loot.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes pls, tired of people kiting it far away from the GY or into a private house so they can solo it without risk :(
No risk? Um they teleport people to them. They hit super hard and their magic is nasty. So hence even getting it into a house still would not be no risk. Far from it. Now after the patch today its gonna be super hard to even get to them without an army.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really, we just took down 5 of them jousting with a few mages for heals and summons. took about 5 or so mins. each to kill. Though I would like to know if they are dropping the talisman to packs or on their corpses. The corpse loot doesn't seem to be instanced at all.

C

Connor_Graham

Not really, we just took down 5 of them jousting with a few mages for heals and summons. took about 5 or so mins. each to kill. Though I would like to know if they are dropping the talisman to packs or on their corpses. The corpse loot doesn't seem to be instanced at all.
The talis and books are on the corpses, and yes, the corpses are instanced.

A

Antonio Cataneo

please let them drop something for me.
I'm over 90 liches

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Terry and I were doing these earlier at Jhelom, till one spawned on the roof of one of the graveyard buildings which kind of put a stop to that idea, so we went to Cove. Couldn't find the thing anywhere. Ran into another char who asked 'did you lure it off?' I said 'no, we're looking for it'. Terry then tells me he's found it. He's behind the graveyard and it just spawned inside. By the time both of us got to the gate the other char was there and it was locked on her. We followed at a distance, asking 'want help?' Then we saw where she was taking it. To her boat. We recalled out.

X

Xel Naga

No risk? Um they teleport people to them. They hit super hard and their magic is nasty. So hence even getting it into a house still would not be no risk. Far from it. Now after the patch today its gonna be super hard to even get to them without an army.
I don't know about you but with all 70s and an armored swampy they only hit for about 40. Not exactly hard at all, and they only ever follow up with a pain spike and maybe poison. Another 20 or less damage depending on your magic resist. That's still only 50% of a mage's HP.

So, you get teleported. Unless your computer is extremely laggy it takes half a second to run away from it and that means you only get hit once. He walks really slow and you can kite him so easily it's a joke. Their magic is weak if you're comfortable with mage dueling. the speed at which they cast is sub par and their spell combos are non existent aside from a painspike + poison. You don't even need to heal from a pain spike, just walk away and let it wear off.

Half the archers I see anyway simply stand at the gate with the liche on the other side. They sit there sniping away and 50% of the time when he tries to teleport them to him, they're still on the safe side of the fence quite simply because it doesn't teleport you directly onto him, just nearby. Which means if there's an obstacle on where you would've been teleported you'll be relocated a tile away with a 50% chance of being on the safe side. With archers hitting at 150-200 per shot at a 1 swing per second it's not exactly difficult for them to solo it simply by abusing the teleport bugginess and kiting it around.

Now, pop some dark father skills on him like blood oath casting and we'll have a formidable miniboss on our hands where people have to actually be on their toes instead of just kite him away from spawn and call it a day.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't know about you but with all 70s and an armored swampy they only hit for about 40. Not exactly hard at all, and they only ever follow up with a pain spike and maybe poison. Another 20 or less damage depending on your magic resist. That's still only 50% of a mage's HP.

So, you get teleported. Unless your computer is extremely laggy it takes half a second to run away from it and that means you only get hit once. He walks really slow and you can kite him so easily it's a joke. Their magic is weak if you're comfortable with mage dueling. the speed at which they cast is sub par and their spell combos are non existent aside from a painspike + poison. You don't even need to heal from a pain spike, just walk away and let it wear off.

Half the archers I see anyway simply stand at the gate with the liche on the other side. They sit there sniping away and 50% of the time when he tries to teleport them to him, they're still on the safe side of the fence quite simply because it doesn't teleport you directly onto him, just nearby. Which means if there's an obstacle on where you would've been teleported you'll be relocated a tile away with a 50% chance of being on the safe side. With archers hitting at 150-200 per shot at a 1 swing per second it's not exactly difficult for them to solo it simply by abusing the teleport bugginess and kiting it around.

Now, pop some dark father skills on him like blood oath casting and we'll have a formidable miniboss on our hands where people have to actually be on their toes instead of just kite him away from spawn and call it a day.
wow the most damage my abc archer is doing is 132 and thats with concecrate,eoo,and ls have not honored one yet as they are always damaged or someone gets there before i do and this is with the mischief maker bow normaly i hit for 14 with nothing else but bow with eoo i hit for 32 and with concecrate added 56 to 66 would like to know how they are getting up to 200

N

Nenime

Thank you.
That is all.
Right, we're addressing this and their vulnerability to guards.
Sorry but I'm a bit disappointed how you 'addressed' this. Now the Skeletal Lich in Jhelom teleports back to the enclosed crypt every few seconds - and this from INSIDE the graveyard. Was this intended?

C

Connor_Graham

wow the most damage my abc archer is doing is 132 and thats with concecrate,eoo,and ls have not honored one yet as they are always damaged or someone gets there before i do and this is with the mischief maker bow normaly i hit for 14 with nothing else but bow with eoo i hit for 32 and with concecrate added 56 to 66 would like to know how they are getting up to 200
I'm hitting up to 252 with a crossbow, EoO, and slayer talisman.

C

Connor_Graham

LMAO... thats around what spellweaving WoD does.... looting rights with one shot?... NO FAIR!
I knew someone was going to say some crap like this.

WoD, when I cast it, does minimum 350-500+ damage whenever I've used it.

I've used this same character and hit a creature at the same level of HP's and not gotten looting rights on my archer, yet SW's have no problem getting their rights. Probably because they're doing twice the amount of damage. You're also not taking into account that that particular amount of damage I'm doing with my archer is a critical hit, and is not the norm. It would take 3-4 hits to do the same amount of damage WoD does, and can't be done in even the 4 seconds it takes to cast WoD.

:next:

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am actually really having trouble with this part of Jasper's new quest. I have characters that can get loot rights, but the one character that "would" do this quest, its her job to investigate this sort of thing and report back to the city founders where it can be decided if the city should get involved, can't get loot rights at all.

I got her into a party with people where she ended up dead, they got the parchment, she got a rez. Her template is Fencing with Stealth and Poisoning [her poisoning is pointless he is immune], full 70's and she is killed in 2 hits, can't heal fast enough to stay alive till the end of the fight.

I don't want the mob nerfed, I would just like to be able to get the parchment and continue with the quest.

What talismans/slayers are people using? Any advice would be much appreciated, its disheartening to be trying to complete this and having it limited to who can do the top end damage, I don't want his loot just his parchment so I can continue past the first stage of the quest.

C

Connor_Graham

All I say is to joust the Lich. If it's locked onto something else, you should be able to get a couple of hits in before it targets you. As soon as you get hit once, back off and heal, then joust until it targets something else again. Jousting sucks, and it's really boring, but you only need to get looting rights once to get your scroll.

Is anyone else not seeing anyone down at Sicarii except on Pacific? I have yet to see anyone down there.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LMAO... thats around what spellweaving WoD does.... looting rights with one shot?... NO FAIR!
I knew someone was going to say some crap like this.

WoD, when I cast it, does minimum 350-500+ damage whenever I've used it.

I've used this same character and hit a creature at the same level of HP's and not gotten looting rights on my archer, yet SW's have no problem getting their rights. Probably because they're doing twice the amount of damage. You're also not taking into account that that particular amount of damage I'm doing with my archer is a critical hit, and is not the norm. It would take 3-4 hits to do the same amount of damage WoD does, and can't be done in even the 4 seconds it takes to cast WoD.

:next:
You know this for a fact? EVERY WoD get rights? You have had a conversation with each and every caster every time they cast? My archer with a measly 80ish per shot damage has not gotten rights doing over 500 points of damage before.

What your not taking into account is that WoD is used when the mob is nearly dead. Archers and every other template ability can be used right the spawn. So you actually have more of a chance at rights than WoD.

But now you are splitting hairs. So you have to fire once or twice more? Big deal

:violin: :next:

C

Connor_Graham

You know this for a fact? EVERY WoD get rights?
It's not all that hard to count how many people are there and divide that number by the amount of gold the Lich drops to see if an extra person got looting rights or not. When it's just me and the recall SW, it's a no brainer.

What your not taking into account is that WoD is used when the mob is nearly dead. Archers and every other template ability can be used right the spawn. So you actually have more of a chance at rights than WoD.

But now you are splitting hairs. So you have to fire once or twice more? Big deal
What you're not taking into account is the SW caster doesn't HAVE to cast a single thing until the end, then take 4 seconds to cast a single spell and get the same rights as the other people that did 99% of the damage total.

You're also not factoring in that an archer or meleer or whatever wouldn't have the additional time to get the extra damage in that would be necessary to get looting rights. No matter which way you want to twist it, I've had too much experience with this. 1 spell. 4 seconds. full looting rights. Recall to next location. Rinse. Repeat. Reward for almost zero effort and zero risk.

If you want to continue this discussion, there is already a thread up that it can be discussed in. This subject has nothing to do with this thread so should not be debated here.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not all that hard to count how many people are there and divide that number by the amount of gold the Lich drops to see if an extra person got looting rights or not. When it's just me and the recall SW, it's a no brainer.

What you're not taking into account is the SW caster doesn't HAVE to cast a single thing until the end, then take 4 seconds to cast a single spell and get the same rights as the other people that did 99% of the damage total.

You're also not factoring in that an archer or meleer or whatever wouldn't have the additional time to get the extra damage in that would be necessary to get looting rights. No matter which way you want to twist it, I've had too much experience with this. 1 spell. 4 seconds. full looting rights. Recall to next location. Rinse. Repeat. Reward for almost zero effort and zero risk.

If you want to continue this discussion, there is already a thread up that it can be discussed in. This subject has nothing to do with this thread so should not be debated here.
Splitting hares. If WoD doest kill it it can drawn you in and kill the SW. I have seen this happen. Same for any other template. Ecxept they can get right at the beggining of the fight... or any other part of the fight and stop fighting till it drops and grab the loot. Recall to next location. Rinse. Repeat. Reward for almost zero effort and zero risk.