• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sis Draper's wish

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draper is always getting targeted and her pets don't notice... or they don't care... or sumpin :p

what she is wishing for is that, when she says "all guard me", her pets would encircle her, protecting her from all sides, instead of all crowding on one little patch of real estate

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draper is always getting targeted and her pets don't notice... or they don't care... or sumpin :p

what she is wishing for is that, when she says "all guard me", her pets would encircle her, protecting her from all sides, instead of all crowding on one little patch of real estate
Stick close to your pet, then when a new mob appears quickly step a tile or so to the side, so your pet is between yourself and the monster. Then tell your pet to kill said monster and you won't have a problem. I'll often whisper all kill between spawns too and be ready to land the cursor on a monster the minute it pops up.

Wenchy

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, but wouldn't it be great if they would just kinda fan out around ya every time you spoke those words? as if they understood that you needed protection from all sides?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, but wouldn't it be great if they would just kinda fan out around ya every time you spoke those words? as if they understood that you needed protection from all sides?
I'm not sure I'd want it to be that easy, and we'd probably have a stack of unattended tamers farming gold with looting scripts :( It would be nice if pet AI was smart, but I think it would encourage the wrong sort of tamer at the same time.

Wenchy

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Sir Morder, wish I had noticed it back when... never had a tamer til the past two years or so

and yeah, Wenchkin, you're probably right... I just never think of things from that angle of play... sad that we have to