• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Silly questions about the new ways of EAL/TSO & amnesty

D

Diva1981

So I am trying to get things ready for the amnesty program and take full advantage of my accounts. Just so I am correct, when logging in via ea land we will now have a total of 8 sim slots?

Also, with the upcoming amnesty prgram being run, does that mean that each of our sims on our account will get the skill locks? Will they also be able to have as many objects on lot as they should if they were as old as the account age?

Another quick question if anyone knows...will each sim receive the anniversary gifts, or just one?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So I am trying to get things ready for the amnesty program and take full advantage of my accounts. Just so I am correct, when logging in via ea land we will now have a total of 8 sim slots?

Also, with the upcoming amnesty prgram being run, does that mean that each of our sims on our account will get the skill locks? Will they also be able to have as many objects on lot as they should if they were as old as the account age?

Another quick question if anyone knows...will each sim receive the anniversary gifts, or just one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paying subscribers can have up to 8 sims in EA-Land. Each of your sims will get their locks back, but I'm not sure about object limit. I don't think that has been mentioned yet. Good thing to ask about, though. As far as how many anniversary gifts we'll receive, I don't think that has been answered yet either.

D

Diva1981

Thank you, Sindran. I just wanted to make sure if I create 8 sims that some won't get deleted for whatever reason.

I

imported_Uncle_Betulia

I am very interested in finding out of we have 8 sims, will all 8 of them recieve anniversary gifts...

G

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings...when I asked this in the town hall last week I was told one per acct. I argued vociferously for all sims but I dont think I swayed them much but I'm still hoping.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings...when I asked this in the town hall last week I was told one per acct. I argued vociferously for all sims but I dont think I swayed them much but I'm still hoping.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to do that. That's why they are waiting until the merge is done - so they don't have to shell out for the eligible and qualified sims from the production cities.
The devs are wrapped too tight - they need to loosen up.

I

imported_Danny Dots

with March 2008 right around the corner, when are they going to preform this program?

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
aww thats terrible news.

D

Dogsoffour

I guess I see why they are withholding so many answer about the gifts. Shouldn't it be 3 gifts per account? That's what it has always been.

G

Yeah....but that was also when the sims were in different cities...always.

I can see their point, with everyone being in one city. But does this mean the oldest sim will get it, even if it is in TC3?

I could live with one per account....I would really be upset if that my only one ended up in TC3.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah....but that was also when the sims were in different cities...always.

I can see their point, with everyone being in one city. But does this mean the oldest sim will get it, even if it is in TC3?

I could live with one per account....I would really be upset if that my only one ended up in TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the devs' point of view about one city, but at the same time I can see the point of view of those who believe they are entitled to three. I'm going to be completely biased and say I am finally earning my trees in two months, and I'd be somewhat disappointed if I only got one. I'd get over it, but I've been looking forward to (3) trees for quite some time.

The one argument I do not see eye to eye with is the argument that we are deserving of a gift on every sim. This seems a tad overboard and quite a bit selfish.

That still leaves the question of gifts on TC3, and I'd say that I agree that I would not want my gift(s) going to TC3. I do not play there unless there is something to be tested. I don't want my gift(s) to sit and go to waste.

G

I'm hoping that, in the event they do decide to give out anniversary gifts per account, that they would consider giving them in TC3 and also in EA Land since most of us have sims in both places.

G

There is a lot of merit in that suggestion! I think if they want parity between the two cities, for balanced testing, that they need to have the anniversary gifts on both.

The idea of allowing us to designate which sim gets it is also workable.

But if they are going to do it just on the oldest sim regardless of city, then I would like an advance warning, so I can delete my oldest sim, which was in TC and now is in TC3.

G

There's more than one thread on this subject, so my apologies for asking this on more than one thread...

Follow up questions

If you don't pay, do you still get your stuff, just on a sim stuck in TC3?

If your stuff gets stuck on a TC3 sim, can you move the TC3 sim to EALand upon payment, or are you out of luck -- you should have given us your lunch money when we told you to?

If you do pay, but due to billing issues your payment hasn't kicked in yet as you've still got some of the 14-days-for-free to whittle down, and despite entering your credit card info to get charged after the 14 days, the day they actually give the stuff out falls within the 14-day free-trial and not after the day your card is charged...do you still get the stuff?

Do you need to have sims pre-created and in existence on the day they give the gifts, or, if you've paid them their graft I mean subscription reactivation fee will you get your items even if you don't create your sims until after the day the gifts are given out?

Using trees as an example of a gift, will you be getting:
- Five trees, one for each of the sims you can make in EALand
- Only the old-style three (one per sim per account)
- One tree per account period
- Nothing because we hatez u

If you have an already existing sim who already has one or more of the items, will they still get an additional amnesty item placed in their inventory?

Are these items transferable?
- Only the sim that got it can use it
- You can only trade it to another sim on the same account
- You can trade it to sims on other accounts so long as all accounts are on the same credit card
- You can trade it freely like any other object

Can you salvage a gift item?

Why have my emails to the dev team gone unanswered?

Why haven't any members of the dev team popped their heads in here to at least say "we're working on it" ?

How are cannons and gnomes being handled?

Would you like flies with that?

G

I just wanted to say: Even when you are frustrated, you still manage to maintain perspective and a sense of humor, and your posts get a giggle out of me. I think that's what I really like and respect about you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just wanted to say: Even when you are frustrated, you still manage to maintain perspective and a sense of humor, and your posts get a giggle out of me. I think that's what I really like and respect about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

And here we thought you only post to show off your collection of animated smileys.

Well, thank you! That made my day, and I needed to hear it right about now. Seems if I'm not getting heat from one leg of The Triumvirate, I'm getting it from the other.

And I've always liked you, um, cuz of the cute chicks in your siggies. lol

Actually, anybody who's tech knowledge trumps even mine, and is nice about sharing it, is cool in my book.

Wish I knew what was up with the amnesty thing. I've emailed about it, no answers.

Oh well.

And I doubt they even realize the value of thinking through all those issues, and as usual will be reactive not proactive if the spit hits the pan. I'm starting to understand why AJ left for greener pastures...

Thanks for your help with the billing stuff...lol still having trouble...see my other thread, cuz re-posting the details HERE would be spamming. (rolls eyes)

G

<blockquote><hr>

There is a lot of merit in that suggestion! I think if they want parity between the two cities, for balanced testing, that they need to have the anniversary gifts on both.

But if they are going to do it just on the oldest sim regardless of city, then I would like an advance warning, so I can delete my oldest sim, which was in TC and now is in TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allowing us to designate which of up to 8 sims gets the gift would be a horrendous effort for them to try, just give it to the oldest sim...

no need to delete just mske a store, roomie the sim u want to have the tree, set it for sale then have your other sim buy it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Allowing us to designate which of up to 8 sims gets the gift would be a horrendous effort for them to try, just give it to the oldest sim...

no need to delete just mske a store, roomie the sim u want to have the tree, set it for sale then have your other sim buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we don't get a tree for each sim? Only one per account?

G

I did not receive my tree on my TC3 sim and was told it would be replaced with the amnesty (This is a young sim). TC3 and EA Land are seperate and we should be getting them in both.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to do that. That's why they are waiting until the merge is done - so they don't have to shell out for the eligible and qualified sims from the production cities.
The devs are wrapped too tight - they need to loosen up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... We always got 1 gift per sim in the past and we have give up alot of things we liked in the game. I feel the gifts are earned for each sim that was in the production cities. I don't think that we should recieve them for any of the other sims though

I

Inge Jones

!!! I am retiring my TC3 sim with immediate effect!! I will make a new younger sim for testing

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way to transfer an anniversary gift from an old sim in TC3 to a younger....but still old....sim in EAL. That is the problem with only giving it to the oldest sim. My only remaining beta sim is in TC3...so all gifts going to the oldest sim will be locked into that sim or that city til death do they part.

That is why I need to know if I need to delete my beta sim and my only intact collection of anniversary gifts, in order to get them to sim in EA-Land.....it is a conundrum as old as TC.

And although I would hate to kill one of the older sims in the game, I am also tired of not being able to have my gifts on a more playable city.

G

Tonight at Town Hall, Parizad was asked how many sims would receive the amnesty. Her reply was:

G

<blockquote><hr>

Tonight at Town Hall, Parizad was asked how many sims would receive the amnesty. Her reply was:

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this apply to people who will receive their gifts AFTER the amnesty date? Or was this not discussed? I'll have to ask. If so...

TWO MONTHS. 8 TREES. SPASTIC STRIKE.

I

imported_remflyer

Billy, I can answer one of your questions. Those of you who are playing on free accounts will receive your gifts. That question was asked tonight in
EA Town Hall and Parizad said free accounts would receive all the gifts they were entitled to.

G

Please ask lol and also ask what I forgot to ask.
1) Will all the sims on the account receive the gifts during and after amnesty?
2) The plaque saying what city we merged from in dif colors. Who will get those and when?

3) What day will the amnesty be happening?

haha I always forget what I want to ask.

Anyone else want to add to the list of questions?

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

Please ask lol and also ask what I forgot to ask.
1) Will all the sims on the account receive the gifts during and after amnesty?
2) The plaque saying what city we merged from in dif colors. Who will get those and when?

3) What day will the amnesty be happening?

haha I always forget what I want to ask.

Anyone else want to add to the list of questions?

added questions:
Of these 8 sims, how many of the betaville sims are going to be counted?
(I use to have as many as 4, but now each account is down to either 1 or 2 sims in betaville view)

Also, of these 8, can there be any combination of number of sims in TC3 and EALand?

Can I delete my TC3 sims and have 8 eligible sims in EALand?

OT I can see why it was metioned at one time that the mystic tree was not going to be as significant an item in the game at some point in the futures. It appears now that everyone should have their own mini tree farm, as long as the trees are transferable/sellable.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

I did ask last night when the anmesty gifts will be given out. Parizad wouldn't give an exact date lol.

She did say that the gifts would be given on each and every sim eligible so I am thinking everyone will be loading up their empty slots.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Good try Niki. I also believe that more than 1 Sim should recieve a gift. I have a Founders account and I would like to see 3 Simmys, not 1.

T

Tristan Lewis

I beleave when they say 8 sims they are talking EALand only as last i heard TC3 anniversary gifts were turned off with no deffanate plans of turning them on.

G

Hmm, my main sim is in TC3, but at least with 8 sims in EA land, I'll have one hecka rich sim there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I beleave when they say 8 sims they are talking EALand only as last i heard TC3 anniversary gifts were turned off with no deffanate plans of turning them on.

[/ QUOTE ]Where did you hear this???

T

tresibars

Here is my question.. My daughter created a sim tonight and she has 0 simoleans. Is this a bug or is it normal? Oh and my account is premium. So now I have 2 sims on my EA Land slot.

I

imported_Armonia

Does this mean even our TC3 sims will get the locks and gifts?? What about the Free old paying accts? mine say the entitled days on them, will they get their locks and gifts or will it just be the paying accts. I would love to know. Also, if I decide to go free on my paying account, will I lose all the sims i have there or will i be able to keep at least my TC3 sims?

thanks

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here is my question.. My daughter created a sim tonight and she has 0 simoleans. Is this a bug or is it normal? Oh and my account is premium. So now I have 2 sims on my EA Land slot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zero starting cash is normal, if she is on her own account, she will recieve a bonus of §500 in a week....if she is the second sim on your account, she will not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

From a Dev before EALand opened!!!

[/ QUOTE ]There were a lot of things said before EA-Land opened. Do you have a link?

T

Tristan Lewis

1st off read what I wrote and understand it fully.
THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD IN PM BY ONE OF THE DEVS SO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DONT HAVE A LINK!!!!!!
I beleave when they say 8 sims they are talking EALand= OPINION
anniversary gifts were turned off with no deffanate plans of turning them on= WHAT I WAS TOLD!!!!!!

G

I agree, we should be getting in both EA Land and in TC3. My second account didn't get campfires on all 3 production city sims, one merged with TC, due to them shutting them off in TC3. Neither of my accounts received any anniversary gifts in Betaville, although I know some people got them there.

I also think they should give them out to all our sims, not just to one. They have always given to each sim on an account, so why should that be different now? We have different houses with our different sims, and it would be nice to use any "anniversary gifts" wherever we live. The fact that so many would be handed out would only keep the value of them lower, and that is preferable to me, considering EA wants to turn around and sell them anyways and they have made it nearly impossible to earn a decent living in the game.