• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Silly newb question on factions and non-faction guilds

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere.. I didn't see it in the Factions 101 sticky. Well.. I kinda did, but need some clarification.

I have a character who is in a non-faction guild and I believe the guild has no desire whatsoever to join a faction. I would like this character to be able to participate in factions but entirely independent from the guild.

The Factions 101 sticky says that in order to join factions I must leave my non-faction guild. Once I've joined factions, can I rejoin my non-faction guild?

Basically, when there's nothing going on PvM-wise with my guild, I'd like to have my butt handed to me in Factions from time to time. ;)

Thanks!

C

Coyt

no you cant if your character joins a faction, he will need to find a faction guild or stay without a guild

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are in a guild, either the whole guild is factions or it's not.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks.

I was hoping to use my "main" for both purposes. Looks like I'll have to roll a new one for Factions.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can always start a new guild for factions and ally them to the main guild.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can always start a new guild for factions and ally them to the main guild.
Not without using a bug.. you aren't supposed to be able to ally Faction guilds to Non-Faction guilds.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't know that it was a bug. Been able to do it for some time now and the majority of the guilds I see in fel have a faction guild that they are allied too. The only note I saw was on the pub 54 notes that stated:

Non-faction guilds that are part of an alliance can no longer join a faction without first leaving their alliance.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that if your character belongs to a nonfaction guild that is still allied with a faction guild because the alliance took place before the changes, your nonfaction character cannot be healed / rezzed in Fel by characters outside the alliance. As a result, you may see some of those old alliances between nonfaction and faction guilds break up at some point.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either way its an exploit.

A dev posted a couple years ago saying as much.

People weren't going to get in trouble for it, however.