• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Silent voices

Winterfell

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I brought this up a week or so ago, but things appear only to have worsened. Since the original server move to the USA, then the move to another location back in Aussie Oceania has been up and down, suffering with huge lag spikes and what appears to be the Black hole scenario we had a few years ago if ppl can remember, when at times it was so bad you couldn't even get out of your house.

I have looked to the players and Guilds for the sounds of despair and anger, but the once cacophony of voices from Oceania appears to be silent. Is it because they have left in disgust? Have their voices been silenced by the spirit of despondence?

From a business point where is the customer support response. We have new players starting, but it t won't be long before they leave due to the conditions we are currently having to suffer with. Have we now just been left to our own resources to try and make do with what we have been given. Are we expected to be grateful and thankful that the server was moved back to Australia and let it there lie.

'NO' I say. Oceanians raise up your voices, let your cries of discontent be heard so that they resound around the walls of those who would imprison our spirits with the lag demon and its fiendish companion undependability. It will only be then can we expect action to be taken to fix the issues we are currently having. I would also seek those in other Shards to assist their brothers and sisters suffering in Oceania, let your voices also be raised in support with us. Just as you have stood alongside of us in the past, which we were grateful of. My hope is that this message will, as an arrow from a bow travel straight and true finding its mark . Travel safe with wind at your back and your companions by your side. Dire Winterfell [TBD] Oceania.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I brought this up a week or so ago, but things appear only to have worsened. Since the original server move to the USA, then the move to another location back in Aussie Oceania has been up and down, suffering with huge lag spikes and what appears to be the Black hole scenario we had a few years ago if ppl can remember, when at times it was so bad you couldn't even get out of your house.

I have looked to the players and Guilds for the sounds of despair and anger, but the once cacophony of voices from Oceania appears to be silent. Is it because they have left in disgust? Have their voices been silenced by the spirit of despondence?

From a business point where is the customer support response. We have new players starting, but it t won't be long before they leave due to the conditions we are currently having to suffer with. Have we now just been left to our own resources to try and make do with what we have been given. Are we expected to be grateful and thankful that the server was moved back to Australia and let it there lie.

'NO' I say. Oceanians raise up your voices, let your cries of discontent be heard so that they resound around the walls of those who would imprison our spirits with the lag demon and its fiendish companion undependability. It will only be then can we expect action to be taken to fix the issues we are currently having. I would also seek those in other Shards to assist their brothers and sisters suffering in Oceania, let your voices also be raised in support with us. Just as you have stood alongside of us in the past, which we were grateful of. My hope is that this message will, as an arrow from a bow travel straight and true finding its mark . Travel safe with wind at your back and your companions by your side. Dire Winterfell [TBD] Oceania.
here here!

We've done it once before. lets do it again. we kicked up a big enough stink to get the server back on aussie soil. lets get this sorted.

T

Turbo

I've had enough of it too. Its an old game with very low system requirements, it can't be that hard to get it running smoothly. I fear you will need way more than 120 archery to hit this target though :)

C

Corsten

Bahhh..... Server crashed again today :(

I just started a battle with numerous red mages then all of a sudden i was stuck for like 30 secs then finally kicked off...

What sort of backbone is this server on? This sort of reliability reminds me of windows 95 and 56k connections.

Please fix.

T

Turbo

It seems to happen about the same time every sunday afternoon...Probably be down for a few hours like last week

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion, money grabbing dictatorship's are only crushed by the voices of the people and I agree with you guys totally. This continual server issue where it drops off the shard list, random times of disconnection without notice, and at time massive lag spikes which are a turn off to the old players, let alone the new players. Alot of players are getting tired of WoW and coming back, so all we can hope for is a game that runs on a stable platform!

Also noticed Oceania doesnt exist on the shard list anymore, so is this to say our shard is dead in EA Games minds?

Is it difficult to comprehend pulling money out of your pocket and setting it alight? Because thats what we are doing paying for this game, burning our money!

Ill calm down now after my rant! Not happy though! Get your act together EA Games and give your paying clients some customer service. I think the majority of us stay because there is some fear that if we protest and not pay, you will permanently delete our shard and this was your plan initially!!! Damn! Im sick of bloody complaining and not getting an answer which is satisfactory.

Bryson S^R

X

Xaniya

yup i agree wif all off the above !! am so over this been back what 4 months and have just about had enough . Time to start shutting down some acc's unless this issue is addressed soon .

Comeon EA get off ur behinds please and fix Oceania . Alot of old players are returning but i can garentee wont stay long of if this continues.:sleep2:

T

Turbo

Unless they want us to leave so they can shut it down and avoid the hassle of running a shard over here

X

Xaniya

surely not that would be really sad to see so many people returning and such a great atmosphere on this shard

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Server has been down close to two hours.. how frustrating.. was gonna test out my new decked out ship! Ive been back for a month now, and this has happened atleast 3 times, hopefully its back up soon! lol

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Server has been down close to two hours.. how frustrating.. was gonna test out my new decked out ship! Ive been back for a month now, and this has happened atleast 3 times, hopefully its back up soon! lol
It happens every sunday around the same time :( from past experience. it wont be back up til after 9:30

LiquidSolidity

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has there been any official word on why the server is having so much downtime? I would have thought that they would want to let their Aussie/NZ customers know that the server is having problems and what they are doing to fix it. That would seem like good business sense to me.

C

Corsten

Has anyone called EA on there american hotline number?

I may as well waste time nagging them since I cant play the game...

P

Piccolo(UO:R)

Unbelievable.
People host servers out of their basements and EA can't even get it together for paying customers.

P

Piccolo(UO:R)

Well it's back on the server list. But client crashes when I try to connect to Oceania........

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed server back up at 10:00pm local time. It is now 10:30pm and still cannot connect to it

W

Waylander

6 or 7 hours its been down now?

This is a joke..

About time EA responded to this as its only been happening for weeks now.....

:loser:

M

MoonBeam(TBD)

Oceania is home to me. I live in Canada and there are servers that run better for me then this one. But will I leave? not a chance!! I have been playing for 9 years on a laggy server and its near unplayable for me in these conditions..
I stay cause of the friends I have made threw out the years and a small few are still playing... Like Dire the OP of these posts. Would like to play again with them one day. I still log on every day to see if anyone is on. And I do play when there is.
Come on guys I want my game back!!

PS. Brit is 120 taming today Teal!! Isn't that awesome? YAYA

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it appears 1 voice aint so silent....

Cal_Mythic said:
Clog|Mordain said:
Hey cal.

Could we please get a response as to why oceania crashes constantly. It usually drops out at around 4pm every sunday. is it something to do with the server host? or is it a glitch in the system?

thanks

Will find out ... we don't have control over the hardware there ... so it's more than likely the provider.

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Server down again, about an hour or so now, probably wont be back up tonight. ffs, this is annoying..